Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
    Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Default Re: Donald Trump Presidency-Day One

Let's wait and see.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The BBC has drawn up some possible names for Trump's first Cabinet.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37931552

One notes that Rudolph Giuliani made his reputation prosecuting tax dodgers and crooks...

I don't know much about Chris Christie so cannot comment.

Steve Mnuchin
    is a former Goldman Sachs executive...follow the money Donald!

Jeff Sessions and Michael Flynn both share with Trump a positive view of Russia, indeed, Flynn has sat at high table with Vladimir Putin celebrating ten years of Russia Today on which Flynn is a regular (Julian Assange couldn't make it, otherwise detained).
    http://www.vox.com/2016/7/9/12129202...t-donald-trump
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...licy/88796584/

Newton Gingrich
    will be familiar to anyone who 'watches Iran' as he not only wants to scrap the Iran Nuclear Deal, he advocates regime change. Stand by your beds, lads! We're goin' in. Oh, and the Iranians by his side could not possibly be 'former' terrorists who once killed Americans, surely not?
    https://theintercept.com/2016/07/10/...-saddam-armed/
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/Gi.../10/id/737980/

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Sounds positive, every cloud etc, but I do think the World is a safer place now Hilary Clinton's disposed of!

Chris Christie dropped . Thank god , one clown gone , now for Newt .
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/11/chris-christie-dropped-trump-transition-team

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by sukumvit boy View Post
    Chris Christie dropped . Thank god , one clown gone , now for Newt .
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/11/chris-christie-dropped-trump-transition-team
    Christie was dead meat from day one. First, he put Ivanka's father-in-law in jail when he was US Attorney. Jared never forgave the fat man for making daddy do time.
    Two, Trump never believed he was telling the truth about Bridgegate.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    Christie was dead meat from day one. First, he put Ivanka's father-in-law in jail when he was US Attorney. Jared never forgave the fat man for making daddy do time.
    I guess all that ass kissing Christie did was for nothing. Its amazing how the mighty have fallen. At one time, Republicans were looking to Christie to be their savior. Now he is probably beginning the slow march to a life outside of politics.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    A good friend of mine was at NYU law with Jared when his dad was in all the papers. I only remember it because he and some friends were talking about Jared and they showed me a picture of his dad on the front page of one of the New York tabloids with the words Sex Trap over it. Apparently it had something to do with hookers and blackmail...but what was striking is that nobody liked Jared and this was not an especially mean group of people (if the guy's dad is getting locked up you would expect some sympathy for the son as long as the dad is not Jack the Ripper). When I finally got a look at him over ten years later in the press, he seems like an unassuming sycophant, but not much character.

But either way, I'm not sure what he could have expected Christie to do. That was a time when Christie was apparently enforcing the law rather than deliberately fucking over his constituents. It is at least an okay sign that they've excluded Christie since what he did was so flagrant. If only they could do the same with Gingrich and Giuliani.

Last edited by broncofan; 11-13-2016 at 12:36 AM.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    muslims / islamists have the deplorable distinction of treating the LBGT community WORSE that any other identifiable group!
    That is true, all Muslims want to throw all LBGT people off of the top of a tall building and then throw stones at them until they're dead.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I really can't tell if you're joking or not. You know that's not only false but idiotic, right?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    That was a time when Christie was apparently enforcing the law rather than deliberately fucking over his constituents. It is at least an okay sign that they've excluded Christie since what he did was so flagrant. If only they could do the same with Gingrich and Giuliani.
    Enter Steve Bannon. He is going to be Trump's chief strategist and from what I understand is one of the reasons Breitbart has for years resembled a soft-core version of a white nationalist site in content, with the comments often being hardcore. If you've ever reads the comments on breitbart, they are unashamedly racist against African-Americans, Mexican-Americans, and Muslims. Only recently have they also become overtly anti-semitic as well, since the fine readers of Breitbart believe the Jews have committed a betrayal by not supporting Trump (and supporting open borders and gun confiscation and the usual nonsense). I don't know enough about Bannon, but people on Twitter are acting like Trump just decided to hire a full blown white nationalist.

Anyone know anything?