Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Donald Trump Presidency-Day One

Years after Trump has been impeached, years after denial after denial, he's going to admit that he was a tad drunk with power and if we had a tenth of the backbone he had....we would have stopped him. For many businessmen, business is war where survival of the fittest is license to steal. If you lose, you're weak.
    Lucky for us, Robert Mueller has tried and convicted many a punk like Trump before, if we can get 16 years of Democratic Presidents out of Trump, I figure I'll die happy.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

A year after the election and nearly a year after the Inauguration, Barack Obama continues to be the inspiration of the 45th President of the United States. He now says that he will not visit London in February because of Barack Obama's decision to re-locate the US Embassy from its Grosvenor Square address in the plush district of Mayfair, to Nine Elms in the old docklands not far from where the re-located Covent Garden fruit & veg wholesale market now stands. Thus

Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-mass-protests

Meanwhile in Arizona, convicted and pardoned felon Joe Arpaio has doubled down on his claim that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is fake.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8154706.html

Hail to the Chief? But who be he?

Well I guess Trump has proven that the merit of a "shit hole" really depends on your point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by sukumvit boy View Post
    Well I guess Trump has proven that the merit of a "shit hole" really depends on your point of view.
    And there is only one point of view that matters. The depressing thing is not just what he is reported to have said, but that he has what may be a psycho-pathological need to be the main story of the news every day. All he has to do is wake up at 5am and start tweeting anything he knows will provoke outrage, and he becomes Editor-in-Chief of the news and everyone dances around that pole while the real issues are ignored in favour of something more sensational. One wonders how much more of this people can take, while the reputation of the USA declines and the gravity and pride of the Office of President sinks into a smelly hole.

I'm praying that the only point of view is Robert Mueller's and that 20 years of conservative media and 20 years of KGB tricks are about to be t-boned by American Intelligence Agencies and the Long Arm of Killer Lawyers that eat smaller Lawyers for Breakfast. I'm hoping that if Trump gets quietly impeached, all that means is that Mueller didn't want to leave a bigger mess to clean up. Or I don't know, maybe Mueller wants to make a statement. Loud and Clear.
    At the end of the day, take away Trump's millions and he's just a fucked up little brat.
    They say Putin spent about 500,000 bucks on the US Election. He should have spent more.
    The Donald Trump Show really has gone beyond nauseating, I wish I had the strength to turn away.

World Class Asshole

Rustler of skirts and dresses Junior Poster skirtrustler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    ... He now says that he will not visit London in February because of Barack Obama's decision to re-locate the US Embassy from its Grosvenor Square address in the plush district of Mayfair ...
    Apparently the deal was done in the closing days of the George Bush administration.

Also, I am sure the people of Mayfair are glad to see it go. Out of curiosity, not having been there for a while, I walked around Grosvenor Square to take a look at the old embassy a year or so ago, and the security perimeter extended way out onto the surrounding streets of London where there were a number of blacked out SUV parked at strategic places with their engines running. The square has also been redesigned since the 70s and 80s to channel and break up a crowd to prevent a repeat of the Vietnam era riots.

Last edited by skirtrustler; 01-13-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    Having fun living out all those long supressed fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by skirtrustler View Post
    Apparently the deal was done in the closing days of the George Bush administration.
    Also, I am sure the people of Mayfair are glad to see it go. Out of curiosity, not having been there for a while, I walked around Grosvenor Square to take a look at the old embassy a year or so ago, and the security perimeter extended way out onto the surrounding streets of London where there were a number of blacked out SUV parked at strategic places with their engines running. The square has also been redesigned since the 70s and 80s to channel and break up a crowd to prevent a repeat of the Vietnam era riots.
    You are right about the original decision to move being made by the GW Bush Presidency, the papers saying 2008 though I read 2007 somewhere as the first date it was announced. The jury is out on the Grosvenor Square building as some regard it as a modernist classic, and I have read it may become a listed building if it isn't already, which will lower the value of the property which has been sold I think for £500 million (£600 million in the Independent article linked below) to Qatari Diar, the development branch of the Qatar government, the irony being that the US has backed the campaign led by Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Turkey to isolate Qatar economically and politically owing to its 'close' relations with Iran, a policy that has so far failed to take effect, being another foreign policy flop for Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and his American buddy.

And, indeed, in addition to the building no longer being fit for purpose, it had become a security nightmare even with those hideous boulders, just as the new embassy is described as being a squat, fortified cube inside a moat...
    https://www.economist.com/blogs/pros...ising-property

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7079346.html

These facts have come to light on this side of the pond as well, it took the news a day to catch up, chalk up one more lie for Trump. There is a problem, however, if you turn on Prime Time Fox News, and that was all you watched, you would be clued in that Trump's lies are just responses to FAKE MEDIA propaganda outlets that are one arm of a pompous, over-educated, skinny-armed pussy liberal PTA who exist only to send your money to Shithole Countries and crackhead welfare Moms. I'm sure the same thing goes on with peejaye's TV.
    Obama found out the hard way that when you mention somewhere about "Republicans clinging to their guns and religion"
    or "when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody" that words like that, although true, shouldn't be uttered.
    By now Trump has decided that his base thrives on lie after lie, it makes them feel good.
    I think we're in the phase of Trump's Presidency now where Limbaugh and Coulter and Ingraham are starting to say if Trump doesn't get his big beautiful Wall and grants citizenship to Dreamers, there may be some dissention in the ranks.
    The SECOND after Trump called Mexicans drug dealing rapists, he was in like Flynn.
    More than anything else, Trump supporters want to keep the English version of the Christian/Caucasian bloodline flowing large and in charge like the star spangled banner. To them, White People that vote Democratic are voting against their own best self-interests. Politics is pretty twisted.

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post

I think we're in the phase of Trump's Presidency now where Limbaugh and Coulter and Ingraham are starting to say if Trump doesn't get his big beautiful Wall and grants citizenship to Dreamers, there may be some dissention in the ranks.
    Ann Coulter was on Channel 4 News in the UK a few days ago to voice her dissent from her idle's policies on immigration and also to criticize the nepotism. She concludes that he can go down as 'the greatest President in American history or the President who wrecked America', which at least proves she thinks in grand terms and doesn't seem to give any credit to Congress. She has the most sumptuous hair, it really is quite distressing when you consider the drivel that comes from the head underneath it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Ann Coulter was on Channel 4 News in the UK.......
    Kill it before it breeds!!!!!!
    I don't know anything about English Conservative Media, in fact, the conservative media in the US is beyond belief half the time. Hannity is the worst, in my book. I used to like Pat Buchanan, even though he was crazy-Right, by now John McCain, Mitt, even W look sane! Some of the Media actually speak as if they've got half a brain, and they are serious about their beliefs, but I think in Coulter's case her Father was a very distant hard right Judge that messed up her mind from an early age. Laura Ingraham is almost interesting enough to be watchable, but I think she has some weird personal issues intertwined with her philosophy that is almost fascinating, but quickly turns into nausea. Trying to make sense of what they're saying is harder than Friday's Soduku. Fox News has an entire collection of weird-ohs they bring in to flesh out the propaganda, much worse than Ann Coulter even. I'm glad I don't have a gun in the house, because every time I see Kellyanne Conway, I want to shoot the TV.
    Even in Blue Northern Virginia, we have a radio station that features all the top conservative voices 24 hours a day, where the hosts cry about the state of the Nation in between selling plastic windows and siding. Even curiouser, they play rock music in their intros that lean as left as you can get if you ever listened to the lyrics. I can't get no satisfaction. Wall St meets Madison Ave meets Pennsylvania Ave.
    Walter Cronkite was very proud of the fact that all his listeners presumed he belonged to the same Political Party they did. I kinda doubt America will ever be that Great again.

World Class Asshole