Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373 ... LastLast

Default Re: Donald Trump Presidency-Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    It's time Americans for you to dig deep into your pockets and support your President by buying his Medallions, only $45 a shot.

He needs your cash.

Attachment 1027383

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3474658
    LOL, going to rush right out and get one , I wonder does it come in lifelike orange ?

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I have had a good laugh over the last two days at the expense of the President of the USA. I know one ought not to, but amusement is in short supply this side of the pond where policy-making continues to resemble a train without a driver on a track without a destination.

So, having seen Ann (Do you like my hair?) Coulter in pugnacious form on the BBC defending her Man after Charlottesville, she now has turned on him, as have other Republicans who, in spite of what he said at the first tv debate of Republican candidates, have just woken up to the fact that he is not really their guy after all.

Thus, the New Republic reports:
    [Coulter] has a new book out titled In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome! In this tome, she says, “There’s nothing Trump can do that won’t be forgiven. Except change his immigration policies.” So what does Trump do? Change his immigration policies, dropping hints that he’ll accept the very type of amnesty that he once denounced when it was advocated by Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio.
    https://newrepublic.com/minutes/1362...nd-good-reason

In answer to a question from The Daily Beast:
    Is Trump's apparent apostasy fixable?“Only if he is willing to begin intensive therapy next week, after his presidency.”
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/ann-cou...bet-on-a-loser

And now it seems she was suspcious all along. Right.

It took Ronald Reagan six years to betray his disciples, who turned their perception of betrayal into the Project for a New American Century, and the long term plan to create a pro-American region-wide democracy in the Middle East starting with regime change in Iraq...it has taken the latest version of the Republican Party's messiah complex barely six months. And of course the President denies it all and says there is no deal. I think. Even Theresa May can be more convincing when she is covering up her incompetence.

What comes next?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I heard yesterday that Ann Coulter was taken aback by 45's recent twists and turns concerning DACA. She tweeted, "At this point, who DOESN'T want Trump impeached?" I only just learned (thanks to your post Stavros) that her new book is titled: "In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome!" OMG! That's hysterical. I'm off to my favorite bookstore right now not to buy it. I urge everyone to do the same.

Ann should've known that Donald never made a deal he didn't renege on. Everyone in the White House knows it. Every contractor whoever worked for him knows it. Every New York banker knows it. Every House Republican knows it. Pelosi and Schummer should keep it in mind too. At this point nobody knows what's going to happen with DACA. I can't imagine the thick cloud of anxiety hovering over the dreamers until this thing is settled; I hope in their favor. Godspeed.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Silver Poster

coulter is a bad calibration of the situation. i actually don't mind her- mainly because she's such an extreme (alleged) right winger as opposed to the real right winger (the guy from some widwestern town that owns 4 guns and will shoot you or me on site because we're on his property). she's like pepe on speed (i'm talking 90s speed that was about $400 a pop). coulter also has an agent who (interestingly enough) manages a lot of actors. is she an actor? no. coulter is a celebrity. a media person who needs to maintain a certain amount of media attention to retain (not only) her credibility as a bitch, but her "i can say whatever i want and not really have the same consequences you other asswipes get" status: read as YOU

i've been to a party where ann was pretty "normal" if you can call it that. she still touted the whole right winger "kick them all out" crap, but besides that, i'd say she was cool. i'd have put on a white hood and burnt a cross with her- but then again, that's not me. i'm not into cross burning and white hoodies never go with my style

keep it trill

https://twitter.com/Pandas4Trump/sta...13050327621632

Last edited by bluesoul; 09-15-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Trump was ecstatic about the press coverage of three month extension on the debt ceiling. He called Pelosi and Schumer to sing about how FOX praised them and MSNBC praised him. He never knew bi-partisanship could be so rewarding! But it wasn’t the progress that impressed Donald. It was the perception that the ‘liberal’ press praised him.

DACA is going to be different. It’s already different. The flak Donald is going to take (and is already getting) from his base and their right-wing radio stations, and their propaganda/conspiracy-weaving engines will be intolerable for someone like Trump to bear. I predict this brief flirtation with partisanship will go sour and die. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Silver Poster

whatever. i'm just glad it's giving some trump supporters (bwahahaha) something to think about. most are up an arms. it's great to witness this- coupled with the "current" protests in st.louis. i'm sure melania ain't sleeping in some sexy red lingerie- although then again- she might be. and i'm just overthinking all this.

where were we? weekend. money. booze. and our country. one of these are going down- and fast.

Gold Poster

http://www.businessinsider.com/muell...witter-2017-10

On Friday we heard that Mueller had filed charges against someone. Tomorrow we should find out who. The usual right wing nuts, Gorka, Hannity, and Stone have been spreading all sorts of malicious nonsense trying to de-legitimize Mueller and distract from the Russia investigation. The supposed scandals of Hillary Clinton are not scandals at all but the usual type of innuendo directed at her.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The charges against Paul Manafort and Robert Gates can be found in full in this Guardian link:
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...robert-mueller

Basically, Manafort and Gates lobbied in the US on behalf of the Government of the Ukraine and the Party of the Regions without registering as paid lobbyists, which is illegal; they laundered money they acquired in the Ukraine and as a result defrauded the US tax authorities and banks from whom they acquired loans on property purchased with laundered money, these amounting to a conspiracy against the USA that obstructed the work of the Department of Justice and the Treasury. Note that the charge says
    Paul J. Manafort Jr, and Richard W. Gates III, together with others.. (those others not named).

One question that will arise is -did the Republican Candidate who appointed Manafort to lead his campaign team know that Manafort had close political and financial links to the former government of the Ukraine and its President Viktor Yanukovich, that he did not declare these links and their financial character to the relevant authorities in the USA, and was there any conduit of money and/or intelligence between Manafort, his disgraced associates who in 2014 absconded from justice to live in Russia, and the government of Russia?

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    The charges against Paul Manafort and Robert Gates can be found in full in this Guardian link:
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...robert-mueller

Basically, Manafort and Gates lobbied in the US on behalf of the Government of the Ukraine and the Party of the Regions without registering as paid lobbyists, which is illegal; they laundered money they acquired in the Ukraine and as a result defrauded the US tax authorities and banks from whom they acquired loans on property purchased with laundered money, these amounting to a conspiracy against the USA that obstructed the work of the Department of Justice and the Treasury. Note that the charge says
    Paul J. Manafort Jr, and Richard W. Gates III, together with others.. (those others not named).

One question that will arise is -did the Republican Candidate who appointed Manafort to lead his campaign team know that Manafort had close political and financial links to the former government of the Ukraine and its President Viktor Yanukovich, that he did not declare these links and their financial character to the relevant authorities in the USA, and was there any conduit of money and/or intelligence between Manafort, his disgraced associates who in 2014 absconded from justice to live in Russia, and the government of Russia?
    This is a very good summary and question. I think George Papadopoulos' plea agreement, which is much less reported right now, is also a very good lead for two reasons. He lied to the FBI about communications with a Russian agent regarding emails and he looks to be a cooperating witness. Maybe this looks better than it is. But here's the stipulation of his offense...I haven't read the agreement part of it yet.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/george-p...plea-agreement

Edit: the agreement does not specify the nature of his cooperation if any, only that he agrees to plead guilty. The most interesting information is in the stipulation laying out what he lied to investigators about.

Last edited by broncofan; 10-30-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Senior Member Junior Poster

I’m just so shocked. I didn’t see any of this coming.