Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Donald Trump Presidency-Day One

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    If you pay attention to Trump's comments, you fall directly into his trap
    There may be no such thing as bad publicity for someone with a new film, album, book coming out, but your President is not an entertainer, and if the mid-term elections are a measurement of public opnion, he is in trouble. What you could have said is that in spite of Ann Coulter's relegation of the President to the status of 'wimp', the President (and his revolting son, Junior) continues to insult and abuse Americans because this is who he is, he is not going to change, and it makes no difference if it is a 'Prayer Breakfast', a tweet or an interview with the media. It may yet happen, that he who must be obeyed invokes emergency powers, as he really does not care what the law says, or indeed, anything other than whatever it is that gurgles in his brain when he is on his daily tanning bed, determined to look like a pineapple.

Senior Member Silver Poster

What we've seen is exactly what you would expect from a fatally flawed wannabe with absolutely no political experience. Eisenhower had none either but he did run the entire ETO in WWII. Reagan had Alzheimers and nobody noticed. Trump had zero talent around him. The entire legitimate Republican Party wanted him G-O-H-N GONE This has to be some kind of wager between God and Lucifer, that's the only thing that makes any sense.
    Even if Mueller gets hit by a bus, the Democrats are going to make sure Trump is toast. They're going to make a statement, I think. In fact, you may see nothing get done these next two years except the investigation of Individual One.

World Class Asshole

Surely it has been transparent since they had to accept him in 2016, that the Republicans know who this man is, they know he is a crook and a con-man, that he is a crude, vulgar, semi-literate moron -but they don't care about that- in fact, when it comes to race-baiting Americans, taking away their rights, insulting and abusing Black Americans, First Nations and of course women, they are delrious with joy -he has made hate legitimate.
    But here is the key: he is there to do what they want with a vengeance: a) cut taxes and regulations on business; b) capture as many senior positions in the judiciary as can be achieved, from State officials to the Supreme Court of the USA, and c) erase every trace of President Obama's legal and cultural legacy on American life.
    As one Republican said after the election 'It will be as if Obama never happened'.

You saw the reaction of Mitchell McConnell to the shut-down: he simply did not care. So what if 800,00 people go without a wage? He probably wishes most of them were not Federal employees anyway. Beyond the offensive, juvenile tweets there is a smug brigade of venal neo-cons quietly erasing your future so they and their billionaire friends can carry on living their lavish styles, secure in the knowledge that when it is time to pay off the national debt -$21 trillion and rising at a rate of $1 trillion a year- the schmucks in the provinces will pay. Only the little people pay taxes. That is how Republicans like it. As long as their lad in the White House continues to do as they say, he will receive their support.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

There's a reason Republicans don't like Nancy Pelosi. Who would you bet on NOW? Trump paid off the Fat Cats with a 2 trillion dollar bonus, and he gave the huddled masses all the bullshit they crave. But now Nancy has the power of the purse. And with oversight power, every day the news channels can focus on a new scandal that just got undug. How many bottles of water did Whitacre drink??
    Trump being elected was the worst thing imaginable. One day the USA is going to take a monster hit it can't recover from and that's it for us, NATO, maybe the world, who knows? I hope it's years after I'm dead.

I think Trump is toast, I hope the Dems keep their wits. We're not going to have debates with 50 candidates are we?

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    We're not going to have debates with 50 candidates are we?
    Why not join the race and make your intentions clear, that you want to be President. Make it 51.

Mexico is going to pay for the wall.
    Oh no it's not -you are.
    Is this compromise, a concession,or betrayal?

The compromise measure, assembled by senior members of both parties on Monday night, includes just $1.375 billion for new fencing along the border with Mexico, far short of the $5.7 billion Mr. Trump sought for a steel or concrete wall — and less even than the deal that he rejected in December, which prompted the longest government shutdown in American history.
    But the president got some cover from some of his Republican allies in the Senate and at least one of his hard-line immigration critics in the media, Laura Ingraham, who have claimed some measure of victory by recalling that Ms. Pelosi had said last month she would approve only one dollar for a wall on the southwestern border.

“Well, try $1.375 billion,” Ms. Ingraham crowed on Fox News Tuesday night. “She might not want to call it a wall, but that’s what it is. And that’s not all bad.”

As with all compromises, I say to people, support the bill for what is in it,” Ms. Pelosi said Wednesday. “Don’t judge it for what is not in it.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/u...-security.html

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Thanks for the nomination Stavros, I have a committee working right now to find out how much funding I could reasonably raise from know-nothing constituent wannabes.
    I'll leave it up to you to decide how much of the phony BS Ingraham, Hannity, Limbaugh, and Coulter tout is stuff they really believe, or stuff they feed their listeners for ratings. The Republicans had a good thing going with their base, until Trump came in and swooped them up. Now they actually believe all those whacky campaign promises. Part two of the question is how much Trump's base believes the lies Trump tells. Because they all say they know he's lying, but that doesn't effect their belief in him, or something. National Debt hit 22 trillion today. You don't hear many people talking about that.

World Class Asshole

Professional Poster

Trump now weigh 243 pounds, four more than last year.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mrtrebus View Post
    Trump now weigh 243 pounds, four more than last year.
    He's 6' 2", so that tips him over from overweight to obese on the Body Mass Index https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu...MI/bmicalc.htm

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

The White House has said it will declare a national emergency on America’s southern border as a way of funding Donald Trump’s long-promised border wall with Mexico.
    The national emergency could allow Trump to circumvent Congress to tap funding for his wall that has been at the center of a fierce dispute with Democrats who say such a barrier is expensive and ineffective.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...itch-mcconnell

Because Democracy doesn't work. When I was CEO of my company I gave orders and they were obeyed. This Congress thinks it can do what it likes, and I have to go along with it. No, not anymore. If Congress does not obey me, so what? I will by pass it, shut it down, drain it, and my people will love me for it. This is a new America, I am your God and King, and I will have no other Gods before me.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.