Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Donald Trump Presidency-Day One

There was a time when Conservatism was an idea for Intellectual Academics, then it turned into the Reagan Revolution, now it is just a RACKET.
    William F Buckley has turned into Sean Hannity, and Eisenhower has turned into Trump.
    The Republican Party, who trashed Trump two years ago, has now firmly attached it's cart to his star, do they know something we don't know? If Trump goes down, will they proclaim bewildered shock? Or do they have airplanes fueled and ready to fly Gates, Flynn, and Manafort out of the Country after DOJ shake-ups and mass pardons? Trump isn't afraid of the shade from Democrats, he's afraid of Jail. There's no telling how far he'd go to save The Trump Brand or maybe, his own orange head.
    I'm guessing Mueller knows everything, is working on the paperwork, but is missing the non-hearsay witness who was INSIDE THE ROOM enough he actually heard Kushner offer dropping sanctions in exchange for a HUGE Russian Hack network that had no pesky rules. Part of the weakness of the original Trump team was feuding and secrecy amongst themselves, most of the people Trump began with have been axed by Trump, not Mueller. But I think the actual number of people who knew about Trump's direct Russian Connection was pretty small.
    If Trump does go down in flames like no other President, what becomes of the Republican Party and the Trump faithful?
    Maybe all this has just been a test of American Democracy, strengthening it's genetic code to fight off naturally occurring internal infections and mutating cancer cells. If there is a President and Constituency that can sink lower than this, my imagination might suffer a lethal heart attack.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

These really are incredible days, you won't ever see anything like this again, most likely.
    If only Trump could have used his genius for good instead of evil.........

World Class Asshole

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    These really are incredible days, you won't ever see anything like this again, most likely...
    I wish that were true. But I fear 45's reign sets a dangerous precedent for a presidential scale of inflammatory fakery and flim-flam in the service of wannabe oligarchs. By the end of his term the damage done to many immigrants, citizens and the nation may not be reversible.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    I wish that were true. But I fear 45's reign sets a dangerous precedent for a presidential scale of inflammatory fakery and flim-flam in the service of wannabe oligarchs. By the end of his term the damage done to many immigrants, citizens and the nation may not be reversible.
    Listen, irreversible damage from eight years of Dum-Dum are still having their effect, and after Trump you will still have Trump Voters. But we've never seen a President convicted of TREASON!!
    No other Americans but us will ever see them slap the cuffs on the blubbering crying POTUS!!!
    That's a new one!

World Class Asshole

I love my American cousins, I wish only the best for you and pray for the day your country returns to some semblence of sanity. You gave this guy power (not all of you ofc, I understand democracy) but he is your elected head. Use this time, learn from it, be the better superpower I know you can be. I look to your citizens to weather this nonsense and when the time comes for you to vote again and give yourselves (and me) a man/woman that you deserve. My country's imperial past shames me, I charge you to do better, Obama was a step in the right direction, take some more please. GBA.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

The line For fools rush in where angels fear to tread was first written by Alexander Pope in his 1711 poem An Essay on Criticism. The phrase alludes to inexperienced or rash people attempting things that more experienced people avoid.

“Twenty years of schooling and they put you on the day shift - look out out kid, they keep it all hid” -Bob Dylan

I suppose what's going on is exactly what's supposed to be going on, I guess it's good that people are pissed off. It's all wrong, but it's alright. Women are entering Politics in record numbers, and schoolkids are getting gun stores to stop selling certain guns.
    Mueller quit a really good job to lead this investigation, maybe the sleeping giant will wake up again. I guess it's good Americans are more like sheep than wolves. I hope so, anyway.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Meanwhile, in Panama...

Two members of Congress have asked the Trump Organisation to reveal if it knew about allegations that real estate agents and investors linked to a project bearing the President’s name in Panama, had ties to money laundering and drugs.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8235111.html

Can't blame Noriega for that one...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/ru...ets/ar-BBJIgls

Just when you thought t couldn't get any weirder.

World Class Asshole

Gold Poster

I just looked at my twitter feed and it's lighting up with something about interviews with a guy named Sam Nunberg. I once saw him on Joy Reid and he was so incoherent I thought he was drunk. He was a former campaign adviser and so far I can gather is that his emails were subpoenaed by Mueller and he ripped up the subpoena. During his rambling interviews he may have said Carter Page colluded with the Russians...he maybe said he thinks Trump colluded with the Russians but it's no big deal. I can't imagine where Trump finds these people.

If anyone can shed some light on what he's said, please do so. He apparently did interviews with at least Jake Tapper and Katy Tur.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I just looked at my twitter feed and it's lighting up with something about interviews with a guy named Sam Nunberg. I once saw him on Joy Reid and he was so incoherent I thought he was drunk. He was a former campaign adviser and so far I can gather is that his emails were subpoenaed by Mueller and he ripped up the subpoena. During his rambling interviews he may have said Carter Page colluded with the Russians...he maybe said he thinks Trump colluded with the Russians but it's no big deal. I can't imagine where Trump finds these people.
    If anyone can shed some light on what he's said, please do so. He apparently did interviews with at least Jake Tapper and Katy Tur.
    Like many people I had not heard of him before, as he is another one of the 'little guys' that were glued to the campaign in its earliest stages. What strikes me about the man is not just the bitterness with which he attacks his former colleagues, but the repudiation of the rule of law. Apparently he is going to rip up his subpoena and refuse to hand over emails or testify or whatever. Has there ever been a group of people, however loosely connected, with such open contempt for the law seeking to occupy the principal law making bodies of the USA? The only thing Nunberg doesn't seem to have done that the others have, is lie under oath. And I wouldn't be surprised if his contempt for the law enables him to do just that.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.