Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984 ... LastLast
    filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: Donald Trump Presidency-Day One

You can bet that the Republicans who expressed opposition to this will now meekly roll over, as McConnell has done. The joke is that they did nothing about the supposed emergency in the two years they controlled Congress.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

The vibe I'm getting is that it's sinking in that 40% of the United States applauds everything Trump has done. Like all his deeds have been gifts for them.

Even if I could size up the situation like the Gettysburg Address, I still think the fact remains I've got this 40 pound disease bag in my colon. Everybody has. One more goddam thing for the next imaginary President to fix. Trump has weaponized 40% of the population, his zombified followers are going to be one more mountain to move, I'm sure the Hep Cats in the Government have a projection on what year the US Economy fails, I wonder what it is????

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The Constitution places the power of the purse in Congress: “No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law . . .” In specifying the activities on which public funds may be spent, Congress defines the contours of federal power. This requirement of legislative appropriation before public funds are spent is at the foundation of our constitutional order.
    https://constitutioncenter.org/inter...ion-9-clause-7

Not any more, as the President can now by-pass Congress. But if Senators and Congressional Representatives support this move by the President, as Mitchell McConnell has, does this not also mean they have violated their Oath to defend and protect the Constitution of the United States? And should this not lead to their immediate impeachment?

Democracy when it falls, often falls owing to pressures from within it, rather than attacks from without. It might make more sense for Senator McConnell to declare that Congress now recognizes the President is the supreme power in the USA, that as an interim measure he should be referred to as the 'Dear Leader' pending a vote to abolish Presidential elections, grant the incumbent the right to be President for life, indeed, and, led by Michael Pence, declare that as God's chosen President, he should be referred to as the 'Eternal Leader'.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Stavros, just because you've read the rulebook doesn't mean you know the rules. The only rule you can count on is the quality and caliber of a man, the Courts can strike down Trump over and over, do the heavy lifting, sweat all the details, yet Trump still remains in the Oval Office eating cheeseburgers and laughing it up with his pals on an unsecure line. Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump and Sean Hannity and the rest won't be shooed away, if you get between them and a dollar, be prepared to lose, Dignity is for losers, like School Teachers.

My Pop didn't risk his life with Patton so Trump could give it all to Putin, if Mueller doesn't hang Trump the handcuffs of Parliamentary Procedure come off, you'll see what happens when the sixty percent get more outraged than the forty percent. If not, then it's all over, fat fucking Americans can sit in their airconditioned shitholes and disappear in front of the TV.

World Class Asshole

Mueller's report next week? Alert the Media.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

If the New York times is 'the enemy of the people' as the President has said, why hasn't he shut it down using his Emergecy Powers? Or is he just going to lie on his tanning bed so he can look like a pineapple, while the 'enemy of the people' is allowed to operate free from justice? Are the 'enemies' now to be given the freedom to do what they do? And can we at least agree that if you disagree with the Dear Leader, by definition you are an 'enemy of the people'?

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    If the New York times is 'the enemy of the people' as the President has said, why hasn't he shut it down using his Emergecy Powers? Or is he just going to lie on his tanning bed so he can look like a pineapple, while the 'enemy of the people' is allowed to operate free from justice? Are the 'enemies' now to be given the freedom to do what they do? And can we at least agree that if you disagree with the Dear Leader, by definition you are an 'enemy of the people'?
    You don't think that's what he would do eventually if he stayed in power and his allies in Congress and the courts did nothing to stop him? His dictator friends like Viktor Orban have already established the template for how to do it. I don't think you necessarily have to ban them directly - just use all the legal and regulatory powers available to favour friendly media and punish those who aren't.

If the people of these United States elect a Clown, there is no cure for that. These are the same people that elected Bush Jr.
    Trump won't go down for being a jerk, he'll go down for being a traitor.

World Class Asshole

filghy2 Silver Poster

I think Bush Jr may be secretly enjoying Trump's presidency because he knows that someone else is going to take over the mantle of worst president in recent US history.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    I think Bush Jr may be secretly enjoying Trump's presidency because he knows that someone else is going to take over the mantle of worst president in recent US history.
    To Trump's credit, it's amazing a man of his age could limbo beneath such a low bar.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.