Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default we will just pray

its enought guns laws in the country are BS the NRA ( the national russian agreement )
    enought after el pasoand all these place is , Newtown school where i know a family who lost here child to say its fake wake up america this is BS stop the gun we know the NRA is controled by russia NRA gave TRump over 36 mil dollars never gave that much money to anyone becuase they never had it WAKE UP

REMEMENBER THE KIDS
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBE5EO8WkAA5wg1..jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	1176634

Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: we will just pray

I once saw a TV show about a white guy who owned a store that sold clocks, watches, pens, stuff like that, cool old antiques, but his shop was in a bad part of town where kids would rob him all the time. He rigged up a system where he could step on a button and lock the front door, and he elevated the counter a bit, so it would be harder for a customer to lean over the counter while he was distracted and steal stuff. He also placed several loaded pistols underneath his side of the counter that were mounted in a way that in one quick motion he could grab a gun, aim it, and unload the entire six rounds into the poor black kid who thought taking a gun to a robbery was smart. He killed several kids. The cops couldn't do anything, and his neighbors who own other businesses on his block loved him because they were getting robbed all the time also. I think you could have a good debate on whether that guy was a hero or a racist murderer.
    But these guys shooting up schools, and Movie Theatres, Walmarts,..... fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I've never seen a bigger collection of cowards than the NRA. Lawmakers need to look down at them from the bench and blow them away.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Rookie Poster

what now
    At least nine people have been killed and 16 people injured after a shooting early Sunday in Dayton, Ohio

Rookie Poster

Name:	EBHPYNLU8AAnmG2.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	1176762what now
    At least nine people have been killed and 16 people injured after a shooting early Sunday in Dayton, Ohio

Rookie Poster

Bill Clinton banned assault weapons in 1994; mass shootings dropped by 43%.

Bush and the GOP let the ban expire in 2004; they went up over 230%.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

The Sherriff in Ohio said he never knew blood had a distinctive odor until today when it knocked him over.
    We have a lot of smart people down here, smarter than me, but my niece was so smart she got accepted into the egghead school, surrounded by geniuses. She memorized Shakespeare plays with her friends for kicks, after school they would all hang out together, they all hugged a lot, and quite frankly, I thought they came off as super-smart weirdos. After Columbine, the School abolished the Shakespeare Club.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    I once saw a TV show about a white guy who owned a store that sold clocks, watches, pens, stuff like that, cool old antiques, but his shop was in a bad part of town where kids would rob him all the time. He rigged up a system where he could step on a button and lock the front door, and he elevated the counter a bit, so it would be harder for a customer to lean over the counter while he was distracted and steal stuff. He also placed several loaded pistols underneath his side of the counter that were mounted in a way that in one quick motion he could grab a gun, aim it, and unload the entire six rounds into the poor black kid who thought taking a gun to a robbery was smart. He killed several kids. The cops couldn't do anything, and his neighbors who own other businesses on his block loved him because they were getting robbed all the time also. I think you could have a good debate on whether that guy was a hero or a racist murderer.
    I don't know if this anecdote is true or not, but if it is the answer is: hero. Hands down. It's not even a debate.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

No, it's not even a debate. To anyone not wilfully blind, more gun ownership means more gun deaths.

Name:	gun-homicides-vs-gun-ownership-large-gdp.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	1176948

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

It's incredible that the same people who wanted to ban all Muslim immigration because of a small percentage of jihadists are claiming that the threat of violent white supremacists is a hoax - even though they have been killing far more Americans than the jihadists have.
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...y-hoax-el-paso

Gold Poster

These two topics go together. It is too easy to obtain weapons that can be used to kill lots of people very quickly. We also want to understand what ideologies are underpinning these killings.

In the U.S. there have been a lot of mass shootings motivated by white supremacist ideology. Our President stokes the racism and his party blocks every useful means of regulating guns.

In addition to this being an issue of gun regulation it's also an issue involving how law enforcement should monitor threats. Should internet service providers refuse service to certain extremist sites? Or is it better that these sites are on the grid where people can be monitored? And is the FBI resourced properly when it comes to dealing with white supremacists?

Anyone who was on twitter before the alt-right was mostly kicked off knows Tucker is underestimating their prevalence by a lot...and his biggest fans are figureheads of that movement. In the forums where the rank and file hold their discussions they sometimes talk openly about wanting to kill minorities. If that's not cause for a watchlist, what is?