Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster rabbitfufu's Avatar

Default im going to get into trouble how many more will die

‘Precious Angels’: 3 Sisters Killed When Suspected Drunk Driver Slams Into Car From Behind google this article and see if you cry. …..….by the bullet......or by the bottle...…...just the same, except the far left does not do a body count on dui caused deaths....im sorry to the administrators but I needed to say this.... thank you

1 out of 4 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: im going to get into trouble how many more will die

Why this is a silly argument has been discussed ad nauseum in these threads.
    http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...arm-gun/page16
    http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...Warm-Gun/page5

Perhaps you should stick to the word association thread?

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 08-15-2019 at 07:41 AM.

i'll try that this is the first time in this area of hung angels

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Okay. I might have misunderstood you, but it's not clear what exactly your point is or what it has to do with the "far left". Yes, it is sad, but what are you proposing should be done?

There are statistics on DUI-related deaths, so nobody is conspiring to hide the problem. https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafe...factsheet.html

Gold Poster

Is there some sort of solution to the problem of drunk driving that the "hard left" is blocking? I don't know where you get the idea that drunk driving deaths is a partisan issue. Do liberals want to make it easier to drive drunk or harder to prosecute drunk drivers?

The comparison to guns of course is bad because people on the left only want regulations that in every other developed country result in fewer deaths. People on the right are blocking even the most common sense regulations....

What you've shown is a total inability to think about this issue and discuss it in an honest way.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Professional Poster

What a weird thread...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

maybe it is the way I stating it. Every time a gun death the media picks up on the guns . more than a dui causing a death. Alcohol is in sports. Hard for me to describe expect too many dui deaths and no one is talking abut it. a person can have multiple dui and society says boo. the town drunk was a laughable item, watch Otis on the Andy Griffin show. I'm not against drinking, however for an example I have been more bars than I ca count But I have one drink and it last me all night. Again people do shots have multiple drinks, beer etc. and walk out the door drive and are legally drunk. the bar, the alcohol company is not responsible for the deaths of people killed during a dui. However now the owner of the gun shop who went by the law and sold the gun to the person who killed in Gilro is being sued as well as the gun manufacture. Why???

Gold Poster

There's a lot of confusion there. I'll try to deal with some of it. We tried to ban alcohol altogether in this country and there was a huge underground market for it and enormous amounts of organized crime associated with it.

We now regulate alcohol and require that people are 21 before they can drink. Our federal government makes funding to the states contingent on their enforcement of the requirement that the drinking age be 21. People can vote and serve in the military at the age of 18.

People who drive drunk are prosecuted for it. They have to pay thousands of dollars, it goes on their record, and can have career consequences. If someone kills someone while drinking and driving, they are prosecuted for manslaughter.

We allow people to have military weapons in this country. Weapons that have no purpose except to kill lots of people at one time.. People who have been paying attention think this is preventable because other countries have lower rates of gun deaths and more restrictive gun laws.

The argument about gun manufacturers is your weakest one. First, I've said this a few times but look up dram shop acts. Bars have liability to third parties for serving people who are obviously drunk. Gun manufacturers do not even have to face the kind of liability at common law that companies in every other industry do because of the PLCAA. Now there's question about how often gun manufacturers could be sued successfully for selling dangerous products but they have blanket immunity by statute. They don't even have to defend lawsuits.

Also, a bit confused about the Andy Griffith show reference. The show depicted someone being drunk and not driving? We should allow people to commit mass murder because of this?

5 out of 5 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitfufu View Post
    Every time a gun death the media picks up on the guns . more than a dui causing a death. Alcohol is in sports. Hard for me to describe expect too many dui deaths and no one is talking abut it. a person can have multiple dui and society says boo.
    I'm pretty sure that shootings where small numbers die get about the same attention as DUI deaths involving the same numbers. It's only the mass shootings that get big media attention. That's true of most things - eg plane crashes get more attention than car accidents even though many more people die in car accidents over time.

Multiple DUI offences are subject to heavier penalties, so I don't think it's true that society is indifferent.

You are still quite vague about what you think should be done to reduce DUI deaths. If you really are concerned and not just using it as a diversion then you must have some ideas.

The thing about gun deaths is that there are some obvious things that could be done that are being blocked due to the political power of the gun lobby. These are the sort of things that have been proposed:
    - Tighter background checks to stop people with criminal or mental illness histories from buying guns. At present there are huge loopholes.
    - Red flag laws to allow guns to be confiscated where there is probable cause that people may be a threat.
    - Bans on high-capacity magazine or military assault weapons that can kill many people in a short period.

Are you opposed to these measures and, if so, why?

3 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 08-17-2019 at 04:40 AM.

Ill let this thread die. I had to vent after seeing two little girls die as well as dad. Just frustration on stupid the world is. Between politicians, ultra billionaires that keep making more than God. Thank for listening to my rant of the week.