Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Junior Member Rookie Poster

Default Re: Am I the only housewife here?

Of course, but I just stumble across them. I don't think I could find them again.

Senior Member Junior Poster hamdasl's Avatar

When the topic has come up, I haven't run into a woman (yet) that expressed an interest in transgender women.

There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in the shallows and in miseries…..
    And we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Can anyone help? when I put in this web address it always goes to a blog site. I have to click a link from my email in order to get here.

Senior Member Professional Poster bigkid69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WetKellie View Post
    Can anyone help? when I put in this web address it always goes to a blog site. I have to click a link from my email in order to get here.
    Yes but in the upper left corner is a link to the boards, check it out next time.

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/forum.php

Last edited by rodinuk; 10-12-2016 at 10:47 AM. Reason: added the link
    Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true.
    Wanted a woman, never bargained for you.
    Lots of people talkin', few of them know
    Soul of a woman was created below
    ---Led Zeppelin

Its not so unusual.

IRL I am not really out about my genitalia so I only normally interact with people who know that about me in the context of medical facilities. Even then, not all of them. But when there's no escaping the doctors, nurses, orderlies etc knowing I find I am far more likely to be hit on by GGs than GBs.

Some of that might be cultural. Our society is somewhat more accepting of orientation variance in women than in men. So there is more risk for a guy to explore in this way while at their job or where they can't be discrete about it.

If those wider societal pressures are internalized, a guy might be more inclined to publicly ignore or even fear attraction that carries risk. Hence the reoccurring topic that has popped up on this site continuously of "I am turned on by this, does it make me gay?!" and compare that to GG circles where not being straight is more shrugged off and irrelevant in comparison.

It probably has something to do with how you hear of far more trans murder cases where the perpetrators were guys than girls even after accounting for the fact that women commit drastically fewer violent crimes in general. The gay panic defense is a logical fallacy, but one that appeals to these social pressures similar to the way race does in the courts from time to time ("That guy scared me, and that's why I had to shoot him to death before he did anything- I was in fear for me life, you understand right?"). The logic doesn't compute, but it is not intended to logically prove innocence so much as to appeal to peoples' bias & emotions for knee-jerk absolution.

The very idea of innocence by reason of insanity was born out of a similar appeal to emotion. A wealthy, married man shot to death his wife's affair in broad daylight. By the facts the case was incontestable. The gun was his, the motive was obvious, there were witnesses. But by saying "I was so enraged I couldn't think properly, imagine if you had been me!" and that carried the day.

Maybe women are just not interested in coming here.
    Why would they be? With the gender-dynamics involved with dating & acquiring sex- a GG could go on a dating website or craigslist and have people find them if they wanted to experience it IRL and probably be more successful at it that way than a GB would be.

When not IRL- sexual attraction is more visually oriented with guys than girls, and this is a site that largely carters to those visuals. There have been some interesting studies for example that find orientation & gender plays a profound role in obesity. If you were to rank the 4 main demographics by obesity rates from heaviest to lightest, you'd find it goes like this: Gay women, straight men, gay men, straight women. Why are the last two the least obese groups? Because their ability to turn on their significant others is directly based in visual appeal. The appeal "penalty" does not matter as much when the intended audience is female, even before getting into what sociologists call Lesbian Bed Death.

Last edited by SarahG; 10-12-2016 at 10:26 AM.
    And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all