Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: PREP: Who is on Truvada?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westheangelino View Post
    Look, if you aren't on it, don't comment. You keep claiming that I don't answer your questions, but I DO. You just don't like the answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    I’ll ask the question again. Is Truvada combined with condom use more effective than the use of Truvada alone in reducing the spread of STD’s? Again, a simple yes/no answer will suffice.
    Still waiting on an answer, West... Your credibility, which was low to start with, just dropped to zero.

Quote from your "informative article"... "Is PrEp better than condoms? Dr. Grant won't go that far,"

Even the links you post don't back you up...

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Laphroaig; 10-14-2016 at 06:31 AM.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Still waiting on an answer, West... Your credibility, which was low to start with, just dropped to zero.

Quote from your "informative article"... "Is PrEp better than condoms? Dr. Grant won't go that far,"

Even the links you post don't back you up...
    But it's a MIRACLE!

Another quote from the article.

"This is serious medication, and unless people take it every day, the protection it offers is greatly reduced. "

One of your main arguments against condoms is that people don't use them correctly. Yet, somehow you expect those same people, who can't do a simple thing like put a condom on properly, to stick to the schedule required to maximise the effectiveness of Truvada.

Wishful (and highly flawed) thinking West. Particularly, given your pathetic performance on this thread, a drop in IQ must be an undocumented side effect of being on Truvada...

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Another quote from the article.

"This is serious medication, and unless people take it every day, the protection it offers is greatly reduced. "

One of your main arguments against condoms is that people don't use them correctly. Yet, somehow you expect those same people, who can't do a simple thing like put a condom on properly, to stick to the schedule required to maximise the effectiveness of Truvada.

Wishful (and highly flawed) thinking West. Particularly, given your pathetic performance on this thread, a drop in IQ must be an undocumented side effect of being on Truvada...
    You're kidding right? If you were heterosexual, this might be easier for you to understand. Who is more likely to get pregnant: woman who only relies on her partners to use condoms or a woman on the birth control pill? I guess women are better at taking a daily pill than men?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

What's with the sanctimonious attitude toward westheangelino? From what I can tell, he seems to be doing the right thing by reducing risk by taking PrEP, he's being honest with his partners and he's enjoying his life. Besides HIV is not the end of the world. I know poz people that are doing just fine in their sex lives. Some poz people I know are undetectable on meds and they will use no condoms with a knowing negative partner and nothing gets transmitted. Both parties are happy and fine with it.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtuck View Post
    What's with the sanctimonious attitude toward westheangelino? From what I can tell, he seems to be doing the right thing by reducing risk by taking PrEP, he's being honest with his partners and he's enjoying his life. Besides HIV is not the end of the world. I know poz people that are doing just fine in their sex lives. Some poz people I know are undetectable on meds and they will use no condoms with a knowing negative partner and nothing gets transmitted. Both parties are happy and fine with it.
    His refusal to answer questions as well as his own sources that contradict him on top of thinking this medication is an absolute substitute for condoms and other precautions. like you said, "some" people you know. Not everyone is going to be okay with that. Some may still want to use multiple forms of protection because it's about maximizing your protection, not replacing it.

Yeah its not the end of the world but it stays with you forever and is life changing. People don't want to be on meds of any kind their whole life. Not to mention the cost of medicine.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

You're kidding right? If you were heterosexual, this might be easier for you to understand. Who is more likely to get pregnant: woman who only relies on her partners to use condoms or a woman on the birth control pill? I guess women are better at taking a daily pill than men?
    Thanks for proving my point. There's a reason they never developed the male contraceptive pill...

Still waiting for an answer...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Laphroaig; 10-14-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Also, I'm not sure what your statement even means. Take it when you know you're exposed?[/QUOTE]

It means after you've had sex with somebody then you go to get a blood test together, your results come back as negative but the other persons come back as positive. That's when you've been exposed!!

A couple more quotes from your "informative article"

"Am I telling people to pop a pill and go have bareback sex?

I'm not.
    "

"yes, you should continue to use condoms even while taking Truvada to avoid getting other STD's."

What have I been saying right throughout this thread?...

Are you now going to argue with your own source material?

Last edited by Laphroaig; 10-14-2016 at 08:37 PM.