Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: PREP: Who is on Truvada?

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2016/...enefits-study/

Hell yes! The good news keeps pouring in about this MIRACLE DRUG!!!!

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lovecox's Avatar

If it wasn't so expensive I would be all over it.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

http://getprepla.com/provider_directory.html

Do you live in L.A.? It's free, my friend!

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westheangelino View Post
    Look, if you aren't on it, don't comment. You keep claiming that I don't answer your questions, but I DO. You just don't like the answers.
    Really, here's just a few of the questions/issues that you keep ducking...

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    West, it's very simple, if you truly wanted to help eradicate HIV as you claim, then your message would be to use BOTH Truvada AND condoms together as the most effective method. Instead you continue with your evangelical like crusade for the use of truvada alone.
    NO RESPONSE?

Antibiotic resistant forms of a number of different STDs are increasing. While I believe that, at the moment, some of the scare stories are exaggerated, there's no doubt that at some point whether in 5 or 50 years time a crisis is imminent. It's irresponsible people like you and your false message that will speed it's arrival.
    NO RESPONSE?

You always manage to avoid answering what the actual cost of using truvada is anyway.

However, you are dodging questions because you've never addressed the issue of the cost of truvada, whether on this thread or previous ones.
    NO ANSWER? (Hint I’m looking for $/month, not some bullshit about insurance picking up the tab. In the end, we ALL pay for insurance)

What happens if during one of your monogamous periods, while not on truvada, you feel the urge for something more risky? Condoms, you can always carry in your wallet, and only need to throw away after their expiry date.
    NO ANSWER?

I've already stated that the most effective strategy would be the use of both. It's your continued crusade for the sole use of Truvada in place of condoms that I find to be utterly stupid and irresponsible.
    NO DEFENCE?

Again, this ONLY deals with HIV and even then, admits that it would only be cost effective if only offered to those having CONDOMLESS sex. In otherwords, the use of condoms effectively negates the need to take drugs for the rest of your (sexual) life.
    NO REPLY?

I'll ask you one question, is truvada alone a better option than truvada and condoms combined in preventing the spread of STD's?
    NO ANSWER? (Hint, it’s a simple yes/no)

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    Actually, you still haven't answered his questions regarding Hep, Syph, and gon...
    You did answer this one...with a classic attempt at deflection, so I’ll ask it again, Does Truvada give ANY level of protect against Hepatitis, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, etc?

I didn't see a question regarding those. Which is?

You’ve made it clear that the reason you’re on truvada is so that you can carry on with your barebacking activities without the risk of contracting HIV. Fine, you’ll notice, on this thread, I’ve never disputed that Truvada can be effective in that goal. However, you’re also quite prepared to accept and take the risk of contracting and spreading other STD’s while indulging in your chosen lifestyle.

What I take objection to is your continued attempts to persuade others down the same irresponsible path of abandoning condoms entirely in favour of Truvada, which you are receiving for FREE through a trial. Something you conveniently forgot to mention when you started this new thread. In spite of your claims, you’re NOT providing people with the full information, but instead continuing the same promotional crusade that you did the last time.

Your only concern is a pathetic attempt to receive justification and validation of your chosen lifestyle from people on here.

I’ll ask the question again. Is Truvada combined with condom use more effective than the use of Truvada alone in reducing the spread of STD’s? Again, a simple yes/no answer will suffice.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Laphroaig; 10-12-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Member Rookie Poster kingkong12's Avatar

We are all aware that you can still contract other diseases while you are using PEP but lets for the moment put that on the back burner.

Using Truvada as a precaution might stem you chances of getting HIV for the moment but the more you use the drug the more the disease has a chance of becoming resistance to it. And in the end you might just contract the disease as it has become resistance to very drug you are using to prevent it. Would that not be irony.

I once asked a doctor why he does not prescribe antibiotics to people who have sore throats or the common illness and his reply was prescribing the drugs willy-nilly increases the chances of drug become resistance.

To further hammer my point in 2016 a man contracted HIV while using Truvada making him the first man to contact HIV while on the drug. Now that is a single case but that can be the beginning of the end. I posted a link to the article below .

http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/29/11...-contracts-hiv
    You might want to think of this.....

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by kingkong12; 10-12-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

The OP IMHO is a complete idiot living in a bubble of stupidity.
    No denying that Truvada is a great pill, but I wouldn't just rely on that to keep HIV away.

Maybe if you actually know when you've been exposed to HIV and you need to take Truvada so your not infected yourself. Then maybe your moronic ignorant attitude will change and you'll do everything you can to stay un-infected.

Go talk to a doctor in the infectious diseases department in a hospital and ask them what they recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by LB1over View Post
    The OP IMHO is a complete idiot living in a bubble of stupidity.
    No denying that Truvada is a great pill, but I wouldn't just rely on that to keep HIV away.

Maybe if you actually know when you've been exposed to HIV and you need to take Truvada so your not infected yourself. Then maybe your moronic ignorant attitude will change and you'll do everything you can to stay un-infected.

Go talk to a doctor in the infectious diseases department in a hospital and ask them what they recommend.
    Actually, you need not go to the doctor! Take the CDC's word for it! That's right, the CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL recommends Truvada for those at high risk for contracting HIV (that would likely be everyone on this board btw) http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep.html

Also, I'm not sure what your statement even means. Take it when you know you're exposed?

Senior Member Professional Poster

Actually, you need not go to the doctor! Take the CDC's word for it! That's right, the CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL recommends Truvada for those at high risk for contracting HIV (that would likely be everyone on this board btw) http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep.html

Also, I'm not sure what your statement even means. Take it when you know you're exposed?
    He said it shouldn't be the only precaution you take. He didn't say it isn't recommended. I didn't read through everything but it sounds life you have selective reading and understanding. And why would you not go to the doctor as an additional precaution?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoPervySage View Post
    He said it shouldn't be the only precaution you take. He didn't say it isn't recommended. I didn't read through everything but it sounds life you have selective reading and understanding. And why would you not go to the doctor as an additional precaution?

So funny when people who are completely ignorant about a certain subject speak on it! Please do some googling about this MIRACLE DRUG.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Yeah, selective reading and hearing. Carry on.