PDA

View Full Version : Murtha and the Code Pink Marxists

White_Male_Canada
09-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Code Pink was founded by four radicals: Jodie Evans, Medea Benjamin, Diane Wilson, and a radical Wiccan activist calling herself Starhawk. Ms. Evans is the nominal leader of the organization, which works closely with Medea Benjamin's group Global Exchange and Leslie Cagan's antiwar coalition United For Peace and Justice.

In 2004, Medea Benjamin announced that Code Pink, Global Exchange, and Families for Peace would be donating a combined $600,000 in medical supplies and cash to the families of the terrorist insurgents who were fighting American troops in Fallujah, Iraq. In an article dated January 1, 2005, the online publication Peace and Resistance reported that Rep. Henry Waxman had written a letter addressed to the American ambassador in Amman, Jordan to help facilitate the transport of this aid through Customs.

Code Pink`s Susan Benjamin,long time marxist,lived in Castro`s Cuba married to her marxist lover,baseball coach of Cuba`s marxist baseball team.Currently married to Kevin Danaher.

Benjamin has written two books,"Cuba: Thoughts about Revolution" and "NO FREE LUNCH: Food Revolution Cuba".

Radical neo-marxist Murtha who seems to be in lock step with Code Pink was awared their pink badge of courage.

Jamie Michelle
09-06-2006, 01:33 AM
Lord knows if Iraqis were invading the U.S. how absolutely evil it would be for U.S. citizens to defend their country's sovereignty by killing said Iraqi invaders. You've truly got to love the indoctrinated, New World Order, plebeian non-logic such as this--or rather, puke from it.

So far as "terrorists" go, the logical thing that is meant by that is employees of the CIA such as Osama bin Laden. Indeed, we should all desire that those that control the U.S. government who staged the 9/11 attacks lose their power over this country.

chefmike
09-06-2006, 02:26 AM
Radical neo-marxist Murtha who seems to be in lock step with Code Pink was awared their pink badge of courage.

LMFAO....you need to get out of your bunker more often, chickenhawk.... or maybe not...the russians are a-coming! You aren't even worthy of shining Jack Murtha's boots...but make sure that you keep dick cheney's "gun" polished...

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=10929

White_Male_Canada
09-06-2006, 02:36 AM

L You aren't even worthy of shining Jack Murtha's boots...but make sure

War hero !? Yeah, and you own a dd214

World War II Navy veteran Harry M. Fox, previously indicated that Murtha in 1968 personally asked Fox's boss, then-U.S. Rep. John Saylor (R-Pa.), for assistance in obtaining the Purple Hearts, but was turned down because Saylor's office determined that Murtha lacked sufficient evidence of wounds. Murtha later challenged Saylor for his House seat in 1968 and lost. Fox said he personally viewed Murtha's military records in 1968 as Saylor's aide.

When Saylor died in 1973, Fox attempted to succeed his boss in Congress, but was narrowly defeated by Murtha in a 1974 special election.

"Pretending to be a big war hero and boasting about having medals is a slap in the face to our veterans who were seriously wounded or killed in action," Fox was quoted as telling the Uniontown Herald-Standard in the newspaper's Nov. 1, 1996 edition. "He campaigned as a war hero and I've never seen any documentation that he earned any of these honors," Fox reportedly stated.

"Of course Congressman Saylor wanted to help if he could, but there was nothing in the service record to indicate the wounds were of any severity and the documents specifically indicated that next of kin was not notified in either instance," Fox told the Herald-Standard in 1996. "We were amazed that Mr. Murtha was asking for Purple Hearts for superficial lacerations," he added.

Murtha's accounts of his Vietnam War wounds may also conflict with the available U.S. Marine medical records obtained by the media.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on May 12, 2002, reported that "Marine Corps casualty records show that Murtha was injured in 'hostile' actions near Danang, Vietnam, on March 22, 1967, and May 7, 1967.

"In the first incident, his right cheek was lacerated, and in the second, he was lacerated above his left eye. Neither injury required evacuation," the Post-Gazette reported.

But an Oct. 26, 1994, article in the Herald-Standard quoted Murtha as describing two different injuries.

"I was wounded in the arm with shrapnel from a bullet that hit the motor mount of a helicopter. In the other, my knee was banged up and my arm was banged up when a helicopter was shot down from a very few feet," Murtha told the Herald-Standard.

A June 1, 1967 report in the Johnstown Tribune-Democrat quoted a letter that the newspaper indicated was sent by Murtha to his wife that same year. The letter apparently detailed yet another version of how Murtha qualified for one of his Purple Hearts. According to the Johnstown Tribune-Democrat, Murtha's injuries involved his being "struck in the ankle" by a "shot that ricocheted off the helicopter."

Bailey said during the time Murtha was being investigated for his role in the Abscam FBI sting in 1980, Murtha made a confession on the House floor.

... you admitted, back in our corner, that you didn't earn your purple hearts (sic) (you indicated you had small scratch on your cheek that wasn't even directly related to an APC [Armored Personnel Carrier] that ran over a small antipersonnel mine that was behind you). The other purple heart [sic] you even declined to explain," wrote Bailey in an open letter dated May 5, 2002.

Bailey is also a decorated Vietnam combat veteran. He served in the U.S. Army's 82nd and 101st Airborne Divisions and was awarded a Silver Star and three Bronze Stars.
"At the time (of Murtha's alleged admission), you were feeling particularly vulnerable because it wasn't too long after you had called me crying and sobbing, thanking me for 'saving your life' before the ethics committee (on Abscam-related charges). There was no doubt in my mind that you were expressing to me that you did not believe you did anything sufficient to earn the purple heart [sic] and that you didn't want to be active in my efforts to laud Vietnam veterans that served with us," Bailey wrote in his May 2002 letter.

"You may deny that all you wish -- but you and I know that that conversation took place," he added.

Bailey also questioned why Murtha has thus far declined to release his full military records in order to clear up the controversy.

"The Marine Corps ought to be able to produce all the orders, the medical stuff, the citations and the orders granting [the Purple Hearts] and everything else. Where is that stuff?" he asked.

"Explain where you were and what you were doing when you got the purple hearts.[sic] Explain who was with you and treated your wounds, but most important, Jack, describe your wounds or the lack thereof, as you did for me, years ago," Bailey wrote.

"Unless the Marine Corps gives out medals for unsubstantiated noncombat-related telltale scratches, procured for use in political campaign -- then show me the money, Jack," Bailey added.

One of Murtha's former Democratic congressional colleagues and a fellow decorated Vietnam veteran, Don Bailey of Pennsylvania, alleges that Murtha admitted during an emotional conversation on the floor of the U.S. House in the early 1980s that he did not deserve his Purple Hearts.

"[Murtha] is putting himself forward as some combat veteran with serious wounds and he's using that and it's dishonest and it's wrong," Bailey told Cybercast News Service on Jan. 9. Murtha served in the Marines on active duty and in the reserves from 1952 until his retirement as a colonel in 1990. He volunteered for service in Vietnam and was a First Marine Regiment intelligence officer in 1966 and 1967. http://ww.cnsnews.com/ViewSpecialReports.asp?Page=%5CSpecialReports%5Car chive%5C200601%5CSPE20060113a.html

chefmike
09-06-2006, 02:48 AM
JOHN MURTHA'S WAR RECORD
Monday, January 23, 2006

Standing up against yet another smear

Before 2004, I'd never been involved in politics and considered my duty done at the ballot box. My memory of a man I served with in combat in Vietnam -- Lt. John Kerry -- became my sole reason for leaving the sidelines in the last presidential election. Watching the assault on his military record by partisan operatives armed with falsehoods was a shock. Perhaps I was naive. Watching those same tactics now being used against another decorated Vietnam veteran, Rep. John Murtha, who, like Kerry, dared to speak his mind, has been a reminder of not just why I felt compelled to get involved, but why I must remain involved.

As a veteran of Vietnam, I can't in good conscience remain silent in the face of the "Swift Boating" of John Murtha. Today, the very same smear tactics the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" used against Kerry are being unleashed against Murtha, a retired Marine colonel and Democratic representative from Pennsylvania. The radical right Web site Cybercast News Service -- formerly the Conservative News Service -- has attacked Murtha, claiming he was fraudulently awarded Purple Hearts for wounds received during two tours in Vietnam.

Since it is unseemly for a leadership that never served its country in combat to attack the patriotism and veracity of decorated soldiers and sailors who did, this administration has returned to its tactic of finding surrogates to do its dirty work.

Administration supporters are hoping that by muddying the waters of Murtha's military record they can neuter another of their most passionate and sincere critics. It's an all-too-familiar pattern. Initially, White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan described Murtha's stance on the war as "endorsing the policy positions of Michael Moore and the extreme liberal wing of the Democratic party." Republican Rep. Jean Schmidt quickly followed in lockstep by saying on the floor of the House of Representatives, "Cowards cut and run, Marines never do."

The White House followed with perfunctory praise from President Bush, who described Murtha as "a good man who served our country with honor and distinction as a Marine in Vietnam and as a United States congressman." Vice President Cheney referred to Murtha as "a good man, a Marine, a patriot." How laudable.

The rapid reversal by the White House appears remarkable at first glance, given its penchant for uniformity of message. But it isn't at all remarkable. As with the Swift Boat assault on Kerry during the 2004 election campaign, attacks are made, the public's attention is captured, the White House offers platitudes and the surrogates press on with the administration's covert support.

John Kerry and John Murtha both love their country and proved their patriotism in the crucible of war and on the battlefield of public service. But far more is at stake than the reputations of two good men. They have the honor of their service, as do the hundreds of thousands of Americans in uniform in harm's way today, and that's enough.

But the health of our democracy, the integrity of our debate, the voice of our free press and the true meaning of patriotism are under assault if a new generation of Swift Boat-style smears is allowed into the public sphere unchallenged.

For my country's sake, I hope brave Americans of good conscience will speak up and make it clear that we will not tolerate such smears today, just as we shouldn't have tolerated them in 2004.

Jim Rassmann, a retired lieutenant with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, lives in Florence. He served with the Army's 5th Special Forces Group in Vietnam in 1968-69.
http://www.oregonlive.com/commentary/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/editorial/1137788710221980.xml&coll=7

White_Male_Canada
09-06-2006, 02:51 AM
Well then , let`s clear all this up.

Post the link to Murtha`s medical records in total and complete,no edits omissions.

Hey,thought so.

I`ll be waiting for that and you`re "dd214" too :lol:

Jamie Michelle
09-06-2006, 03:04 AM
Murtha and the Code Pink Marxists

Speaking of Marxists, the Bush administration are quite literal Marxists. Neo-cons are "former" followers of Marxist theorist Leon Davidovich Trotsky.

George Bush, Jr. is Bill Clinton on steroids (which goes a long way in explaining why Clinton has called the Bushes his surrogate family). Virtually all the Democrat and Republican politicians are on the exact same page (with one notable exception being Congressman Ron Paul, Republican from Texas), just with different rhetoric and window dressings. For more on the Bush, Jr. administration's so-called neo-conservative "former" Trotskyites, see:

"Communist Bush Finally Goes too Far," Alan Stang, Ether Zone, December 12, 2003:

http://www.etherzone.com/2003/stang121203.shtml

"Neo-CONNED!," Congressman Ron Paul, House of Representatives, July 10, 2003:

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2003/cr071003.htm

This same speach that Rep. Ron Paul gave in the U.S. House of Representatives on July 10, 2003 is also available in the below article:

"We've Been Neo-Conned," Rep. Ron Paul, MD:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul110.html