PDA

View Full Version : Human Nature....up till now

nitron
08-07-2016, 12:07 AM
Let me start this with this, proving also there is no male privilege or for that matter white male privilege. This to me represents the total human experiment .Among other things, that nature has pulled out of it's swampy womb,up to now.
The Titanic - Passenger and Crew Statistics

Last Updated: 08/11/2014 - 14:25

Exact numbers of those traveling on the Titanic is not known and the number of survivors varies from 701-713. The table below is compiled from the most widely used figures for passengers and crew.

1st Class On Board
1st Class Survived
2nd Class On Board
2nd Class Survived
3rd Class On Board
3rd Class Survived
Crew On Board
Crew Survived

Men

Women

Children

Total

Total Passengers = 1316

Total Crew = 913

Total Survived = 498

Total Survived = 215

Total On Board Titanic = 2229

Total Survivors = 713

Source:http://www.historyonthenet.com/Titanic/passengers.htm

trish
08-07-2016, 03:29 PM
The Titanic sunk in 1912, before the 19th Amendment passed in the US giving women the right to vote. As of 2014 in Louisiana women earned, on average, 65% of what men earned. In most States they earned 80% of what men earned. The District of Columbia is an exception where they earned on average 90% of what men earned. I would agree that there is no justification for male privilege nor for white male privilege. For that reason I would also agree the universe 'grants' no such metaphysical privileges. On the level of social, economic and political interaction here on Earth, these privileges were certainly observed and upheld for a long time. Hopefully they are on the wane.

broncofan
08-07-2016, 04:22 PM
From the very beginning, the first post cites data to make a point it does not come close to making. What about those numbers says anything about race? And if women were put on lifeboats before men, that means women have not been grossly mistreated in other circumstances?

Trish is quite right to bring in other information to contradict your premise, but who would think these isolated statistics mean what you say they mean? There was a fire on my block and the only person hurt was an xyz, therefore this proves that xyzs have not had any systematic economic or social advantage.

broncofan
08-07-2016, 05:05 PM
It may be slightly lazy to rebut your argument only by pointing out the weakness of your evidence.

But if the more thorough rebuttal would require a person to document the history of oppression of women and African-Americans in the United States, the evidence would be so voluminous it would crash the server. And since your first piece of evidence arguing for the opposite position is the casualty figures of the Titanic, we can safely conclude the evidence available to you is paltry and laughably indirect.

It also probably never occurred to you that prejudice can very rarely have an unintended benefit for the oppressed class. Imagine a hypothetical law that restricts military service to white men. Would white men comprise a disproportionate number of casualties?

hippifried
08-07-2016, 10:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XFYMjkFYPg

holzz
08-24-2016, 07:12 AM
women and children over men was about the "price" for the burden of male supremacy. like as men were superior in society, they had the burden of giving women a pass. it's like the "don't ever hit a woman" thing, it's a similar rationale, since men are stronger and men are "supposed" to look after women.

mra dipfucks don't understand that, and use this as an example of second class citizen status..lol. fool.s

nitron
08-27-2016, 07:37 AM
Another example ,( we have to come to terms with ). It won't go away!
http://qz.com/740569/one-of-the-fastest-growing-fields-in-science-still-makes-a-lot-of-people-very-uncomfortable/