PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton -has anyone seen it?

Stavros
07-29-2016, 03:02 PM
I have read about the huge success of the musical Hamilton but don't know much else about it. Has anyone seen it, and what's the big deal about it?

EZWind
07-29-2016, 07:17 PM
..... and what's the big deal about it?
...good question. Haven't seen it, but I have seen bits of it on the various late nite shows and such where some of the cast performed a song or medley.
...can't rightly say what the big deal is, maybe a patriotic thing during the election year?
....it appears to be your basic Broadway musical type stuff so if you like that kind of thing you'll probly enjoy it....evidently there's plenty who do b/c tickets are damn near impossible to get (and at sky high prices) even months in advance from what I hear.
....I'll likely check out the inevitable movie when it comes to HBO, but apart from that, as for me....fuggedddabottit

Stavros
12-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Has opened in London with rave reviews. Do not have a ticket. Do not live in London. But would consider it a potentially interesting night out.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2017/dec/08/hamilton-west-end-london-musical-tale-of-immigrant-success

slave2u
12-09-2017, 02:32 AM
I have read about the huge success of the musical Hamilton but don't know much else about it. Has anyone seen it, and what's the big deal about it?

i believe the big deal is that it is hip hop style musical and that the creator is outspoken critic of trump.
judging by the packed houses be a long while before a movie.