PDA

View Full Version : Team USA Loses to Greece

DJ_Asia
09-01-2006, 03:55 PM
basically a bunch of slow,non jumping,short white dudes w/ long ass names beat the Americans.All the people will say we had no Shaq..No Kobe..No KG...but the truth is we have no FUN DUH MENTALS

Kids stop watching ESPN highlights and learn the basics.

blckhaze
09-01-2006, 04:03 PM
basically a bunch of slow,non jumping,short white dudes w/ long ass names beat the Americans.All the people will say we had no Shaq..No Kobe..No KG...but the truth is we have no FUN DUH MENTALS

LMAO A-fuckin-men. Greece locked us down. Granted most of the international team have played together longer than us, we should still be doing a little better than this. Maybe when the olympics come around, the team will have enough chemistry to truly shine.
they wouldnt have beat argentina or spain anyhow.

Friedrich_Nietzsche
09-02-2006, 02:11 AM
basically a bunch of slow,non jumping,short white dudes w/ long ass names beat the Americans

Was really painfull, wasnt it..

Slow? No need to be faster, as we all saw

Short? LOL

And about the long ass names, i will be glad to help u understand them

Friedrich_Nietzsche
09-02-2006, 02:14 AM

LMAO A-fuckin-men. Greece locked us down. Granted most of the international team have played together longer than us, we should still be doing a little better than this. Maybe when the olympics come around, the team will have enough chemistry to truly shine.

Cheap excuses
We were better
Accept it

The greek team, and the greeks general, when when united, can do miracles my friend.
History proves that

ezed
09-02-2006, 05:15 AM

Cheap excuses
We were better
Accept it

The greek team, and the greeks general, when when united, can do miracles my friend.
History proves that

The key is "DESIRE". All the members of the US team know the fundamentals. The question is as it has been for the past few years is whether they have their heads and hearts in the game. They didn't. They lost. That's why the NBA sucks. But basketball players the world over play with heart to get in it. But they get here and realize it is a show! Fundamentals go out the window but the money flows. The NBA is sinking to the level of professional wrestling.

Bring on football. Starts next week. And hockey thereafter. These guys leave everything they got on the field and the ice and get paid less money. You wanna see basketball go outside of America, they still play it with heart and fundamentals. :cry:

DJ_Asia
09-02-2006, 11:09 AM

Cheap excuses
We were better
Accept it

History proves that

The key is "DESIRE". All the members of the US team know the fundamentals. The question is as it has been for the past few years is whether they have their heads and hearts in the game. They didn't. They lost. That's why the NBA sucks. But basketball players the world over play with heart to get in it. But they get here and realize it is a show! Fundamentals go out the window but the money flows. The NBA is sinking to the level of professional wrestling.

Bring on football. Starts next week. And hockey thereafter. These guys leave everything they got on the field and the ice and get paid less money. You wanna see basketball go outside of America, they still play it with heart and fundamentals. :cry:

Sadly the NBA game is a victim of its greatest player ever,Michael Jordan.
When Kobe,Lebron,TMac etc were all growing up,they werent watching Magic's court vision,laser sharp passes,floor leadership or all around total game.they werent watching Larry Bird's court saavy,his heart,his sweet J from 20,his tenaciousness,his non stop running of the mouth that got into his opponents head and took him outta the game mentally....no.
they were watching MJ tomahawk dunk on every human in shorts and headbands,they were watching him take off from the foul line in the dunk contest.They missed his non statistical intangibles that made him so great.All they saw what was being replayed on ESPN every hour...and thats all they learned,and now the league suffers from an entire generation of MJ and Dominique wannabe's.Hell even the best PG in the league Steve Nash is Canadian.Ouch.

ezed
09-03-2006, 03:35 AM
Sadly agree.

Legend
09-03-2006, 09:04 AM
I really don't think fundamentals played a part in there lost i think it comes from missing key elements like solid three points shooters and centers who can intimidate in the middle also that selection process was bull**** i mean it looks good on paper and all but you really have to look at your roster as a whole.I gotta question why a guy like a.i isn't invited while guys who haven't had his experience gets invited.You would have expected a better job from coach k.

DJ_Asia
09-03-2006, 05:39 PM
I really don't think fundamentals played a part in there lost i think it comes from missing key elements like solid three points shooters and centers who can intimidate in the middle also that selection process was bull**** i mean it looks good on paper and all but you really have to look at your roster as a whole.I gotta question why a guy like a.i isn't invited while guys who haven't had his experience gets invited.You would have expected a better job from coach k.

No disrespect,but AI?!?! youre kidding me right?? The guy is a headache, shoot first ask questions later type guy.
Big center mightve helped,unfortunately our centers are decrepit or injured (Amare)..and as far as 3point shooters go...yeah Ray Allen mightve helped in that area,but they had plenty of gunners to go around...they just couldnt hit the big shots when they needed too.and instead of going to a team oriented offensive scheme to comeback(FUN DUH MENTALS) they all tried to do it 1 on 1....

rick_932
09-10-2006, 06:43 PM

they wouldve lost sooner if AI was there. at least the guys that were there share the ball when theyre getting triple teamed, unlike AI who'll jack up a shot.

and i agree with with DJ Asia said earlier, MJ was the best and worst thing to happen to the NBA and basketball i general. now every kid wants to be the highlight and showstopper, practicing driving to the hoop and dunking more than they do on outside shots. it seems that most of the pure shooters in the NBA now are from europe or argentina.

i dont think we'll ever see a US team like that of the '92 team. it was the most complete team we've had: pure shooters, guys who could get to the goal using quickness or by backing down a defender, terrific defense.

i think if the NBA wants to improve things, they need to switch the focus back on the TEAM and not the individual. i also think they should draft only college players who are a junior or senior, so at least the player will have a good two years of fundamental teamwork basketball experience