PDA

View Full Version : So-called "humorous" phrases that need to be retired

King Dong
05-05-2016, 01:44 AM
This is a real pet hate of mine: when people try to be hip and funny by quoting a done-to-death phrase. No, it doesn't make you look cool or witty, it just shows you up as being unimaginative, cliched and dull.

In third place we have:
"The [insert year/decade] called and wants its [insert item] back".

In second place is:
"Just sayin'"
(Used after making a dickhead/bitchy/tosspot comment).

And at number one - the most unfunny, overused phrase that reveals the speaker is actually a braindead chimp:
"I think I just threw up in my mouth a little".

They all annoy me and make me cringe but the throwing up comment just makes me want to punch that person in the face so hard and so many times that their faces caves in to a mushy pulp.

Steve-Oh
05-14-2016, 06:17 AM
How about Netflix & Chill?
AF as in Sexy As Fuck.
And what the fuck is Fleek, who says that?

Jericho
05-14-2016, 06:25 AM
Fleek...I just looked it up and...

The way Hispanic people say the word "flick".
Mexican 1: "Hey, amigo, how do you operate this lighter?"
Mexican 2: "You have to fleek it, pendejo!"

:dead-1:

lumberjack
05-14-2016, 05:54 PM
'sup
(fill in blank) lives matter
anything to do with hashtags, I have never been on twitter, which has to be the most self absorbed entity created.

Torris
05-18-2016, 05:59 AM
Pussy stick

bigblack1
05-18-2016, 07:48 AM
Lmao! Fleek WAS a term teens used to basically say "they're working it". Ex: "yo my new kicks are on fleek." Smh I hate the fact that I know this.

bigblack1
05-18-2016, 07:50 AM
The only phrase I hate is when a person will say "no offense" and then say something offensive or say something offensive then that line. I'd rather you just be offensive.

SanDiegoPervySage
05-18-2016, 09:22 AM
"yaaaaaasssssss"

nysprod
05-18-2016, 01:35 PM
This is a real pet hate of mine. They all annoy me and make me cringe but the throwing up comment just makes me want to punch that person in the face so hard and so many times that their faces caves in to a mushy pulp.

How about you need to calm the fuck down