PDA

View Full Version : Leicester City FC

irvin66
05-05-2016, 01:13 AM
What is going on??? Nobody likes football here? Leicester won the Premier League and it is well deserved, there was no one upfront who thought that such a small club could do it.....:Bowdown:

They are certainly heroes here in Norway and they have been much in the newspapers and on television. English football is big here in Norway and Arsenal is the club in my heart ......:geek:

Laphroaig
05-05-2016, 07:42 AM

zerrrr
05-14-2016, 09:09 AM
It is a feel good story and for those guys that laid down money when the odds ere 5,000:1; good for you.

peejaye
05-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Let us see if they can match what Nottingham Forest did back in the late 1970's and win the European Cup next season!
Oh, not forgetting Forest were promoted the season before!
I'm not peeing on Leicesters glory but the media over here have never mentioned that, despite it becoming a week long documentary!

Stavros
05-21-2016, 03:03 PM
In the late 1970s it was easier for Nottingham Forest to go on to win the European Cup than it would be today, because the volume of foreign players that European clubs could hire was restricted and the top European teams were more evenly matched, albeit limited to England, Italy, Germany and the Netherlands:

The Pre- Bosman rule era also had restrictions, which applied to foreign players. For example, if an English club was playing in The Champions League they could only field three foreign players and two ‘assimilated’ foreign players per match. A club could sign more than five foreign players, but were restricted to a per match basis.
https://ballsoutinpublic.wordpress.com/2011/08/22/how-the-bosman-ruling-changed-football-forever/

The Bosman Ruling in 1995 became the turning point in European club football, and paved the way for the 'galactic' teams that have dominated the Cup competition through their ability to sign the best players with galactic money. If Leicester remain united and committed, I see no reason why they should not reach the quarter-finals at least, though I think if they came up against teams like Barcelona or Bayern Munich their strongest factors -a solid defence and lightning, breakaway forwards might be severely tested. I think England have a better chance of winning the Euros.

scummyfrantic
05-22-2016, 12:04 AM
Tottenham til I die, Leicester will never happen again. Gonna get raped in Champions League, hats off to them, they achieved a miracle, it will never happen again

holzz
10-31-2016, 10:20 PM
like spurs would get raped in champions league too?

spurs haven't won the league i doubt in your lifetime.....leicester has that one over you, i bet.

peejaye
11-01-2016, 03:59 PM
To be fair Leicester haven't met any substantial opposition in the Champions League yet. Just hope they don't get Barcelona too soon, they made Man. City look like a pub side! :nervous:

holzz
12-29-2016, 07:51 PM
great achievement, but they could get relegated. Vardy/Mahrez....should have done like Kante and left haha.

holzz
02-12-2017, 08:53 PM
still think they can/will go down.

i'd want sunderland to stay up.

peejaye
02-13-2017, 02:06 PM
i'd want sunderland to stay up.

Now you are asking for a miracle :tongue:

Stavros
02-13-2017, 06:21 PM
It appears that winning the Premier League was the summit of the careers for many of the Leicester team and they can't get over it. When a club is used to winning again and again, like Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool there is a mentality in the club that drives players on, and I don't see that drive in Leicester. Rather like a band that has a number hit or a great first album but can't follow it up with something as good. Nevertheless, if Chelsea win the title this season it will mean an Italian manager has won the title two years in a row, and that must a record of some sort.

holzz
02-14-2017, 06:50 AM
Now you are asking for a miracle :tongue:

because they have the capacity to challenge. 48,000 seater ground, only the really biggest clubs have larger stadiums, they're mismanaged and if managed properly could be a top six team.

peejaye
02-14-2017, 11:16 AM
because they have the capacity to challenge. 48,000 seater ground, only the really biggest clubs have larger stadiums, they're mismanaged and if managed properly could be a top six team.
It would help if they had another ten good players to compliment Defoe! Harry Houdini wouldn't keep that lot up!

holzz
02-24-2017, 04:51 AM
he's gone!! :/ i should be a soothsayer...

peejaye
02-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Whose next? :nervous:

Stavros
02-24-2017, 07:09 PM

Sam Allardyce on current form. I used to know a Palace fan and even went with him and a couple of mates to see them play an evening match. I think it was 1965 and he used to open pub doors on the way to the ground blow on a bugle and shout 'Palace! Palace!'. Those were the days. I think they were in the Third Division, where they still belong.

peejaye
02-24-2017, 08:59 PM
Don't think he's been there long enough yet Stavros to get the boot? Although losing at home 4-0 to Sunderland the other week is enough to cost anyone their job!

Laphroaig
03-08-2017, 10:51 PM

Maybe not next, but Wenger's reign at Arsenal must surely now finish at the end of this season.

tacocorpv2
04-19-2017, 12:26 AM
Unfortunately Leicesters CL run is over... have to say they gave a good fight to Atletico!

Also unlucky game for the Germans... losing on 2 offside goals! EH!