PDA

View Full Version : question about post op's

fitnesshero
08-28-2006, 04:33 PM
I have heard that post op shemales
1)have to insert a dildo or something in that shape to so that it doesn't close up.
2)I heard that the body treats the post op surgeries as an injury

Now for anyone looking to insult me for asking these questions. Keep in mind I am asking because i don't know.

billy221
08-28-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm not an expert, but I believe that yes, post-op transexuals have to insert a stent (medical term for a phallus-like piece of plastic) at regular intervals to maintain the shape of the surgically created vagina. I don't believe that the vaginal cavity will close up entirely, if this isn't done, but it will gradually narrow and shrink.

I suppose one could say that any surgery is a controlled injury to the body, which is why there is inflammation, scarring, a need for follow-up medical monitoring, etc. SRS surgery, though, isn't like a transplant that may be rejected; it's a rearangement of what was already there. So, long term, the surgery-induced injury heals, leaving the desired result. (Think of an analogy to any other plastic surgery--say a nose job. Most probably wouldn't think of the newly shaped nose as an "injury," although if you've ever seen the surgery, it definitely involves trauma to the body.)

Trogdor
08-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Howard Stern had on his show several times a post-op as a guest and she had what Howerd called, "A metal dildo" she used to keep the thing down there open. sounds like a pierced ear in a way.

By the way, Howard even said to her, "Well, something tells me you can't orgasim down there." she said she could so they gave her a sex toy....a vibrator and she was using it and they checked on her regularly durring the show.....NOTHING was happening down there. :lol: Plus Howard even said it smelled bad, even from several feet away. :?

blahblahblah
08-28-2006, 08:54 PM
http://www.avitale.com/Rectovaginal_Fistula.html