PDA

View Full Version : Rip Off By Grooby

SUPPLY42
02-04-2016, 08:14 PM
I don't know how many people Grooby has ripped off, but they have been ripping me off constantly for the past few years with their lying excuses about why after you pay for their site, they will not allow you to enter it for days on end. Once they decide to read your email complaints, all they do is make excuses and they even refuse to give the customer credit for the lost says. This is a email that I just sent to them about an hour ago and have not even received a reply yet from them. Grooby used to be a good site way back then, but, has now become a pure ripoff.

Every time I purchase a subcription from one of your sites I wind up waisting my money. You suck me in for a month or so then you will continue to take my money from my bank account while refusing to provide me with the service that I am paying for. For the past several days, your Blacktgirls.com site would let me in but every 15 minutes woiuld kick me out and make me resign in. Now, it just won't let me back in. Everytime I try to enter the site I get your fucking "OOPS" page and it will not allow me to resign back in. On the 25th of January, a mere 9 days ago, you took $35.99 out of my bank account. This, according to your aggreement, was for a full month. You have violated your agreement, again and again and again. Every single time that I have complained to you about the problems with entering your sites in the past on this particuliar site or one of your other sites, you have acknowledged that this was the fault at your end because you people cannot control outsiders from hacking screen names/passwords. And each time you will send the preprinted apology along with a bullshit replacement screenname/password and even though I had lost several say of the subscription I had already paid for, you refuse to even make an attempt to either reimburse for the lost days oRS, HAVE RIPPED NOT ONLY ME OFF, BUT PROBLABLY HUNDREDS OF OTHERS. r extend the subscription. Again your company sucks. FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW OR AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I AM GOING TO MAKE A STINK ACROSS THE WHOLE INTERNET ABOUT HOW YOU, FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS HAVE NOT ONLY RIPPED ME OFF, BUT PROBABLY HUNDREDS OF OTHERS.

GroobySteven
02-04-2016, 08:45 PM
You emailed 'an hour ago and have not even received a reply'. We're a small company. We use our own dedicated customer service staff (who do other jobs in the company), instead of out-sourcing or relying on a billing company, who don't know our products and we respond to every single email that comes in, we've an excellent reputation for customer service and getting our members issues sorted. We can't always get back within an hour, but we do try to get back as fast as we can - and it never extends beyond a day.

You pay for a month, and we supply you with access for a month. We've 1000's of members a month accessing the websites without a problem. We don't acknowledge the problems you are having are 'our fault', we explain why you are having a problem. Like most membership sites, we're susceptible to people hacking/guessing or simply giving passwords away. We use software to stop the same password being used by multiple IP's within a short amount of time. If a members password is continuously getting cut off, even after we've issued a new one, then I'd question the way they surf the sites - whether they are using some sort of multi-download software, whether they're using different proxies to enter or whether they continue to use the same username/password across multiple sites (in your case you've used the same one for at least 5 yrs and you also use it on open forums like this, so it's most likely compromised and you've already removed the first security wall.

Also - in the event of this happening, and anybody being offline, we always extend their memberships to compensate. This is company policy and I've checked with all customer service and they do continue to do this, so I'm unsure as you why you claim otherwise.

So - you have been anything but 'ripped off' or any agreement 'violated'. I understand why you'd be irritated - and want to get the service you paid for, but accusing us of 'ripping you off' or making threats, isn't really a way forward. We pride ourselves in our customer service - and delivering the best content and being the having the best TS websites online - however, if you think you can get better service elsewhere, then I'd encourage you to.

I'll have someone look at your account immediately - and I've refunded your latest month as show of good faith, so you can try other companies services.
Thank you.

dytmook
02-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Expecting a response in an hour isn't very reasonable and if it's that bad why do you keep coming back...you must like it

GroobySteven
02-04-2016, 09:21 PM
To further clarify why your password was blocked, your username was used in 5 different countries within a 6 hr period.
Unless you went from the Netherlands to the USA, to Israel and then to Austria and onto Germany in 360 mins, then other people were using your username and password. This is why I'd urge anyone to make sure they use a username/password combination that is hard to be hacked (or not to share their usernames for those of you that do).

zodiac
02-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Funny post this!

My first response was: "whahaha ... expecting a response within an hour". Welcome back on earth is the only thing I can say!

Then scrolling down:

I've had some bad experiences with joining adult web sites as well - and am very hesitant to do so since then, but I really must say what you are doing is really out of order!

The response from Grooby Steven suggests - let's be political .... there is something stinky about your story. Supply42: You realise you can cause some real damage to his company and therefore the business as a whole by claiming stuff like this??? ... just for your personal grieve??

Give people the chance to defend themselves - discretely!

kind regards,

A.

hans1
02-04-2016, 11:02 PM
a member of a few grooby sites nerver had a problem

youngblood61
02-05-2016, 01:26 AM
My experience with Grooby CS has been great. Anytime I had a problem they responded quickly, and took care of it. Just saying for me don't know about anybody else.

Abartig
02-05-2016, 01:36 AM
....your username was used in 5 different countries within a 6 hr period....

Def could be VPN software rolling IP's. If you are using such stick with one for Grooby.

BellaBellucci
02-05-2016, 03:47 AM
I've had plenty of problems with Steven in the past, and I'll be the first to tell you that Grooby conforms to industry standards when it comes to billing by using NATS.

For you to air out a customer service complaint in public like this makes you look like an indiscreet fool... which I'll now assume you are.

#dumbass

~BB~

Kiwi_bloke
02-05-2016, 04:01 AM
To further clarify why your password was blocked, your username was used in 5 different countries within a 6 hr period.
Unless you went from the Netherlands to the USA, to Israel and then to Austria and onto Germany in 360 mins, then other people were using your username and password. This is why I'd urge anyone to make sure they use a username/password combination that is hard to be hacked (or not to share their usernames for those of you that do).

I can explain why that's happening: TOR.

Each time you enter TOR, it chops the link through 3-4 blind servers, based somewhere else in the world.

I guarantee that's what's going on. TOR is guaranteed to be secret, but I would have thought that was moot once you gave your credit card anyway.

Lysandros
02-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Does Chrome Browser
with ZenMate work similarly to TOR??

chris.williams3200
02-05-2016, 05:49 PM
dude if your in a strict country watching this be careful ...

peejaye
02-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Been a member of most of Groobys sites "on & off" for years, never had any problems. One of the few people I would really trust.
Expecting a reply back in the hour is foolish, admin is probably in a different time-zone to you.

GroobySteven
02-05-2016, 06:44 PM
dude if your in a strict country watching this be careful ...
Really?

GroobySteven
02-05-2016, 08:41 PM
A scathing public attack because customer service don't answer in under an hour - which I reply to within minutes - and a day later, you have yet to acknowledge you've read this?

bigkid69
02-05-2016, 09:15 PM
A scathing public attack because customer service don't answer in under an hour - which I reply to within minutes - and a day later, you have yet to acknowledge you've read this?
Maybe he's en route to Israel or Belgium or Germany?

dunkiex
02-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Have, and do, belong to a number of Grooby sites. Had a few problems, but they were corrected quickly. Great customer service.

Gillian
02-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Dragging his knuckles, I suspect ... :)

ohioguy13
02-07-2016, 05:37 PM
Would have to agree that Grooby has always been awesome on service issues under an hour is a ridiculous short amount of time to expect an answer

CORVETTEDUDE
02-07-2016, 08:18 PM
This asshat's problems are all on his end and just wants to blame someone else.

EZWind
02-07-2016, 08:23 PM
Expecting a response in an hour isn't very reasonable and if it's that bad why do you keep coming back...you must like it

....I love it when real life turns out to be something from a Woody Allen movie

"The food at this place is always just terrible!"

"Yes, and such small portions!"