PDA

View Full Version : Scott Weiland formerly of Stone Temple Pilots found dead in Minnesota tour bus.

Vladimir Putin
12-04-2015, 08:06 AM
TMZ, Friday, December 4, 2015, 12:08am EST

Rock star Scott Weiland was found dead on his tour bus in Minnesota ... TMZ has learned.

Weiland was on tour with his band Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts ... they were supposed to play the Medina Ballroom tonight, but the show was cancelled.

A source connected to the band tells us Scott was found Thursday night on the bus around 9 PM -- presumably, shortly before the band was to go on.

The former lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver famously battled substance abuse for years. It's unclear right now what caused his death.

Scott was 48.

Steve-Oh
12-04-2015, 08:33 AM
RIP, LoungeFly.

giovanni_hotel
12-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Tragic but no fan of STP is surprised if he died from a drug overdose.

RIP Scotty.

Ben in LA
12-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Will folks make fun of him like they did Whitney Houston and Amy Whinehouse?

broncofan
12-04-2015, 02:44 PM
RIP Scott Weiland. Loved his music....STP was one of my favorite bands growing up.

fred41
12-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Very sad, but unfortunately, not a surprise. His voracious drug use forced him out of every band he helped create. He became totally undependable . I used to love STP and saw them perform frequently...the man was electric live...a true rock star. R.I.P.

broncofan
12-04-2015, 03:45 PM
I used to love STP and saw them perform frequently...the man was electric live...a true rock star. R.I.P.
People talk about that time and place they're much more likely to talk about Pearl Jam, Nirvana and even Soundgarden. All bands I listened to, but I probably spent more time listening to STP's angst-ridden songs than anything else. Good example, Tripping on a hole in a paper heart... I never really knew the lyrics but knew the person singing them felt some pretty strong emotions.

Nikka
12-04-2015, 04:02 PM
I used to play one song of them at school ,,,.... aaaaand I feeeellll ....

top4bigbutt
12-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Fuck what a waste, fucking drug addiction shit...

top4bigbutt
12-04-2015, 04:44 PM
R.I.P. man

nysprod
12-04-2015, 06:16 PM

Comedy = tragedy + time

Vladimir Putin
12-05-2015, 01:04 AM

Although Scott battled drugs and most likely also misbehaved along the way, I don't recall reading a single news report of him making an ass out of himself like the way Whitney and Amy did. If there were such news reports, then I guess they didn't grab as much interest as Whitney or Amy.

fred41
12-05-2015, 02:20 AM
Although Scott battled drugs and most likely also misbehaved along the way, I don't recall reading a single news report of him making an ass out of himself like the way Whitney and Amy did. If there were such news reports, then I guess they didn't grab as much interest as Whitney or Amy.

I agree....singers like Scott Weiland are known amongst his fanbase, and he did achieve a certain amount of fame outside his genre (he did win a couple of Grammys), but he never became a pop icon like the other two did. Whitney's crash was in contrast to when she came up in music...she was the all american cutie pie with the big voice.
Amy Winehouse never even achieved the body of work the previous two did but, even though she was a soul/blues/jazz singer, she was big among the pop and celebrity circuit (the twitter crowd), same as Whitney...so that puts them 'out there' a lot more. The folks who 'tweeted' about their death, probably didn't even know who Scott Weiland was.

...and as VP has stated, I don't recall him saying or doing anything as publicly stupid as the other two. His fans knew his problems and may have kidded about them and Scott himself was often self deprecating in his comments and some of his lyrics about the whole thing...

ScarlettPixl
12-05-2015, 04:04 AM
That guy was awesome. Huge fan of STP and Velvet Revolver here. Shame he died of drug issues :(

RIP

crystalsopen
12-06-2015, 03:48 AM
Personal Fave: Intestate Love Song.
Sometimes when I'm alone late at night it still goes through my head.

Makes me think of driving tired and alone when I just want to be home, or having to concentrate on work a day when I just want to cry.
The good ones make art that makes us feel.

It sucks that it seems substance abuse got the better of him.

:(

Merkurie
12-06-2015, 05:19 AM
Its sad.
He probably woke up from the same trip dozens of times before.
As you get older you have to cut it back or you run the risk of waking up dead.
Big loss.

RIP Scott.