PDA

View Full Version : US marine murders transwoman

Dudedude12345
12-02-2015, 03:52 AM
I'm pissed that this nut was given only 6-12 years for killing a transgender woman after he found out she was a male while receiving oral sex. Lance Cpl. Joseph Scott Pemberton, punched and choked Jennifer Laude, leaving her face down and unconscious in a toilet. She was later pronounced dead after drowning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EELEsko93NA

gaysian71
12-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Oh, so he found out she was trans after she went down on him? Yeah right. He should have gotten life, or SRS at the very least.

ElectricWoody
12-02-2015, 04:18 PM
He didn't get much time for Murder. Is this normal time for this Country's Laws and their court system.

qwerty81
12-02-2015, 07:16 PM
its probably normal for a country that desperately wants the us to stand up to their neighbourhood bully.

when i was stationed in japan, they made us watch a video about how awful japanese prisons were, fish head stew and no heat to name a few of the highlights... i assume a prison in the philippines would be even less nice than a japanese prison. 6-12 years in a filipino might seem longer than life in prison in some american states.

Dudedude12345
12-02-2015, 08:04 PM
He didn't get much time for Murder. Is this normal time for this Country's Laws and their court system.

Just in America

werwt22
12-02-2015, 08:19 PM
First off 6-12 is a long time. Secondly, can you imagine being 100% opposed to sex with a TS and then finding out you did. I was lucky that she told me before my first time right before I kissed her. Its a mind fuck...I was lost for a minute because even though it wasnt something I've done before, I couldnt help the feeling I fealt before I knew, but completely contradicted what I believed. Lucky scenario if they tell you before the dirt has been done. TS play a dangerous game with tricking men and unfortunately this is how it ends up sometimes. It completely alters a persons world that hasnt been exposed to it before. We've come a long way but this lifestyle is not normal yet.

dreamon
12-02-2015, 08:37 PM
\Secondly, can you imagine being 100% opposed to sex with a TS and then finding out you did.

He knew she was trans.

werwt22
12-02-2015, 08:59 PM
He knew she was trans.

if he knew before he took her home then he should rot.

runningdownthatdream
12-02-2015, 09:52 PM
No winners in this situation. He was young, inexperienced, and likely bigoted due to religion and culture. She seemed to have been experienced enough with foreigners as she had a supposed boyfriend from Europe but likely enjoyed the attention of someone young and American and probably thought he'd be able to handle her being TS.

While there is discrimination in the Philippines against LGBT it isn't as vile or as obvious as it is here in North America. LGBT are generally accepted socially although there are certain stigmas. From what I've observed it's ok for 'heterosexual' men to date TS because it's viewed as just a sexual thing but socializing with family or long-term relationships would not be acceptable. I think it's also common for men to have a TS girlfriend for the non-sexual perks - gay/lesbians/TS seem to shower their bf/gf with gifts and attention.

I would think that Jennifer would have had no expectation of being beat-up let alone killed in a place like Manila just because she was TS. In some ways this was a clash of cultures and as usual, the Westerner not having respect for the people or place where he was at.

dreamon
12-02-2015, 10:00 PM
if he knew before he took her home then he should rot.

1. He most likely knew before they went home.

2. Even if he didn't, the fact that there were two used condoms in the hotel room implies that they fucked each other.

3. Even if he still didn't know, it doesn't excuse murdering her. In fact, it makes it a hate crime which is even worse.

Trapt53
12-02-2015, 11:01 PM

He wasn't convicted of murder. He was convicted of the lesser charge of homicide.

Lovecox
12-03-2015, 02:21 AM
First off 6-12 is a long time. Secondly, can you imagine being 100% opposed to sex with a TS and then finding out you did. I was lucky that she told me before my first time right before I kissed her. Its a mind fuck...I was lost for a minute because even though it wasnt something I've done before, I couldnt help the feeling I fealt before I knew, but completely contradicted what I believed. Lucky scenario if they tell you before the dirt has been done. TS play a dangerous game with tricking men and unfortunately this is how it ends up sometimes. It completely alters a persons world that hasnt been exposed to it before. We've come a long way but this lifestyle is not normal yet.

I agree with you.

Dudedude12345
12-03-2015, 03:49 AM

Still no reason to kill a person

redtiger
12-03-2015, 03:52 AM
He actually used self-defense as part of his trial strategy, saying he was afraid he was going to be raped. And the judge believed it enough to give him this lite sentence. This guy disgusts me. I hope he gets shanked in the dick while he's in prison!

Dudedude12345
12-03-2015, 03:56 AM
No winners in this situation. He was young, inexperienced, and likely bigoted due to religion and culture. She seemed to have been experienced enough with foreigners as she had a supposed boyfriend from Europe but likely enjoyed the attention of someone young and American and probably thought he'd be able to handle her being TS.

While there is discrimination in the Philippines against LGBT it isn't as vile or as obvious as it is here in North America. LGBT are generally accepted socially although there are certain stigmas. From what I've observed it's ok for 'heterosexual' men to date TS because it's viewed as just a sexual thing but socializing with family or long-term relationships would not be acceptable. I think it's also common for men to have a TS girlfriend for the non-sexual perks - gay/lesbians/TS seem to shower their bf/gf with gifts and attention.

I would think that Jennifer would have had no expectation of being beat-up let alone killed in a place like Manila just because she was TS. In some ways this was a clash of cultures and as usual, the Westerner not having respect for the people or place where he was at.

Non religious people can be the same

runningdownthatdream
12-03-2015, 05:27 AM
He actually used self-defense as part of his trial strategy, saying he was afraid he was going to be raped. And the judge believed it enough to give him this lite sentence. This guy disgusts me. I hope he gets shanked in the dick while he's in prison!

It being the Philippines, there was likely a lot more going on behind the scenes which resulted in that sentence. Like pressure from the US to be lenient and possibly payouts to the family as well. It's well-known and well-publicized by the family that they wanted millions of dollars + US visas for 7-8 family members to drop the complaint. That's perfectly legal there.

runningdownthatdream
12-03-2015, 05:27 AM
Non religious people can be the same

Out of everything I wrote you inferred I was blaming bigotry solely on religion?

garypeters123
12-03-2015, 05:37 AM
What drives me crazy is that they insuate that its understandable given that she was a transwoman. Wtf???

it doesnt matter if her genitals were internal or external. She was a woman. Period. I hope that psychopath who killed her gets assraped and killed in prison.

Trapt53
12-03-2015, 05:56 PM
It being the Philippines, there was likely a lot more going on behind the scenes which resulted in that sentence. Like pressure from the US to be lenient and possibly payouts to the family as well. It's well-known and well-publicized by the family that they wanted millions of dollars + US visas for 7-8 family members to drop the complaint. That's perfectly legal there.

The sister asked for 200M in pesos ($445,733.06 US) for damages. Jennifer's mother refused any payoff. The visa request never happened.

http://www.philstar.com:8080/headlines/2015/08/31/1494185/laude-camp-wants-p38-m-6-us-visas-defense-lawyer

runningdownthatdream
12-03-2015, 07:37 PM
The sister asked for 200M in pesos ($445,733.06 US) for damages. Jennifer's mother refused any payoff. The visa request never happened.

http://www.philstar.com:8080/headlines/2015/08/31/1494185/laude-camp-wants-p38-m-6-us-visas-defense-lawyer

Add another zero champ, the exchange rate is usually at about 1USD = PHP45.00. And I can assure you that as late as mid-September (the philstar article is dated August) it was being reported on the larger news networks that the sister was indeed looking for the payout and visas. Of course it's nearly impossible to get at the truth of anything reported in Philippines media but it's more likely than not that the family or someone representing them made those claims. Once you spend time in the Philippines you start to gain a better feeling for what's likely and what isn't.

Trapt53
12-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Add another zero champ, the exchange rate is usually at about 1USD = PHP45.00. And I can assure you that as late as mid-September (the philstar article is dated August) it was being reported on the larger news networks that the sister was indeed looking for the payout and visas. Of course it's nearly impossible to get at the truth of anything reported in Philippines media but it's more likely than not that the family or someone representing them made those claims. Once you spend time in the Philippines you start to gain a better feeling for what's likely and what isn't.

I accidentally converted the original 21M pesos Pemberton offered in an effort to plea bargain. This wasn't about paying to drop the matter. 200M pesos would have been for damages after the conviction. I don't see how anyone could get a visa from Pemberton and I don't think the U.S. Government would offer visas for the transgressions of a single Marine on liberty.

runningdownthatdream
12-03-2015, 09:54 PM
I accidentally converted the original 21M pesos Pemberton offered in an effort to plea bargain. This wasn't about paying to drop the matter. 200M pesos would have been for damages after the conviction. I don't see how anyone could get a visa from Pemberton and I don't think the U.S. Government would offer visas for the transgressions of a single Marine on liberty.

I sincerely hope you continue to have as unblemished a view of how the world operates as you currently do: online news reports are facts, people always speak the truth to reporters, governments don't make deals in other countries for their soldiers, etc etc etc......clearly getting a 6-12 year conviction for a wanton and brutal murder proves that justice was served, right?

APD2
12-04-2015, 12:03 AM

2. Even if he didn't, the fact that there were two used condoms in the hotel room implies that they fucked each other.

3. Even if he still didn't know, it doesn't excuse murdering her. In fact, it makes it a hate crime which is even worse.
All this is more than not likely true. And people are trying to justify and mitigate his actions,here, on the Hungangels board, of all places?

There were two individuals in this scenario and only one of them is alive to give their version of the events. For all we know they had sex and he felt remorse and guilt afterwards.

He got off lightly ,in my book.

runningdownthatdream
12-04-2015, 01:27 AM
All this is more than not likely true. And people are trying to justify and mitigate his actions,here, on the Hungangels board, of all places?

There were two individuals in this scenario and only one of them is alive to give their version of the events. For all we know they had sex and he felt remorse and guilt afterwards.

He got off lightly ,in my book.

I don't see anyone trying to justify or mitigate his actions - attempting to understand why something occurred isn't the same as condoning something. By questioning things that happen and trying to rationalize how and why they happened helps us understand and therefore work on prevention. What's stupid is blindly accepting whatever you read or hear and interpreting in a black and white manner then white-knighting like a buffoon. But of course i doubt you're the sort to do that.

APD2
12-04-2015, 01:44 AM
I don't see anyone trying to justify or mitigate his actions - attempting to understand why something occurred isn't the same as condoning something. By questioning things that happen and trying to rationalize how and why they happened helps us understand and therefore work on prevention. What's stupid is blindly accepting whatever you read or hear and interpreting in a black and white manner then white-knighting like a buffoon. But of course i doubt you're the sort to do that.
Oh, fuck off.

dreamon
12-04-2015, 01:47 AM

Why would you want to understand the way a murderer thinks anyway?

runningdownthatdream
12-04-2015, 01:50 AM
Why would you want to understand the way a murderer thinks anyway?

Why wouldn't you?

runningdownthatdream
12-04-2015, 01:56 AM
Oh, fuck off.

Predictable response. You've got nothing to actually contribute in a meaningful way just roams the internet offering vapid commentary.

Trapt53
12-04-2015, 04:02 AM
I sincerely hope you continue to have as unblemished a view of how the world operates as you currently do: online news reports are facts, people always speak the truth to reporters, governments don't make deals in other countries for their soldiers, etc etc etc......clearly getting a 6-12 year conviction for a wanton and brutal murder proves that justice was served, right?

You haven't offered any sources to the contrary. Why should I believe some conspiracy without some type of evidence? When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. Governments make deals for soldiers, when they commit crimes doing their duties. They usually don't makes deals for soldiers that commit crimes in their free time. Sentences don't always fit the crime; because, you have to be able to prove all the elements of the charges. From the few articles I've read, the court had Pemberton's statement, a witness that put him in the room with Jennifer before her death and the crime scene. No witnesses to the actual altercation. There is rarely justice, when someone is intentionally killed, unless the killer meets their end in a similar manner. I'd be interested in knowing what the "homicide" equivalent is in the US.

Skye
12-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Goodluck to any bigoted asshat trying to kick my ass in close quarters without a weapon. I've never had anyone try that on me, and probably in everyone else' best interest. Then again, this is Canada, and we didn't have a single murder on the list of 2015 transgender murders.

GroobySteven
12-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Goodluck to any bigoted asshat trying to kick my ass in close quarters without a weapon. I've never had anyone try that on me, and probably in everyone else' best interest. Then again, this is Canada, and we didn't have a single murder on the list of 2015 transgender murders.

Sumaya Ysl was possibly murdered in Feb of this year, in Toronto.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/sumaya-ysl-death-toronto-police-investigate-death-of-young-somali-trans-woman-in-canada-10069335.html

JenniferParisHusband
12-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Sad, another asshole steals the life of a beautiful young woman from the world.

Rest in Peace Jennifer.

Skye
12-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Sumaya Ysl was possibly murdered in Feb of this year, in Toronto.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/sumaya-ysl-death-toronto-police-investigate-death-of-young-somali-trans-woman-in-canada-10069335.html

They determined that she wasn't murdered; the death was ruled not a homicide, and not related to her being transgender. There are newer articles on it where they determined the cause was drug-related. But had the community not demanded an investigation, they probably would have never determined that it wasn't a homicide (during autopsy)

Trans dying for anything other than natural causes is really shitty, though. If I had a choice, I'd live in Toronto instead of London, because I would have expected us to have a few trans murders by now, considering how conservative London is, though we have under 20 passable trans girls in london, so it's probably a lot less common for bigots to run into us than in perhaps the larger cities around the globe where the murders have been taking place. I'm just thankful that I pass well and so does my voice, so that I only have to deal with being treated like a girl as opposed to being treated like a "tranny" which is how it is here for anyone who can't pull off their identified gender, and unfortunately I see it quite a bit.

runningdownthatdream
12-05-2015, 08:11 PM
They determined that she wasn't murdered; the death was ruled not a homicide, and not related to her being transgender. There are newer articles on it where they determined the cause was drug-related. But had the community not demanded an investigation, they probably would have never determined that it wasn't a homicide (during autopsy)

Trans dying for anything other than natural causes is really shitty, though. If I had a choice, I'd live in Toronto instead of London, because I would have expected us to have a few trans murders by now, considering how conservative London is, though we have under 20 passable trans girls in london, so it's probably a lot less common for bigots to run into us than in perhaps the larger cities around the globe where the murders have been taking place. I'm just thankful that I pass well and so does my voice, so that I only have to deal with being treated like a girl as opposed to being treated like a "tranny" which is how it is here for anyone who can't pull off their identified gender, and unfortunately I see it quite a bit.

London is known for being a racist haven as well - even back in the 80's us non-whites in Toronto knew London didn't want our types around. Written earlier this year, you might appreciate this:

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/london-ontario-was-a-racist-asshole-to-me-152

and the follow-up:

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/this-is-how-london-ontario-responded-after-i-called-it-a-racist-asshole

Toronto does have it's own suite of issues but generally, you would likely enjoy your time here. Make the move already......it's not that hard.

giovanni_hotel
12-05-2015, 10:14 PM

100% right.

Soldiers talk.
He was stationed in the Philippines and it's unlikely IMO you're going to meet a TS prostitute at a bar that caters to GIs looking for GG hookers.

The fact that his defense attorney argued this soldier thought he was going to be RAPED by a prostitute is so insane!

Part of me thinks when she asked to be paid he probably said no and that's when things got fucked up.

There are more than enough guys IMO who are more than willing to be with a TS escort, for all parties involved it's better to be up front.

dreamon
12-05-2015, 10:49 PM
He was stationed in the Philippines and it's unlikely IMO you're going to meet a TS prostitute at a bar that caters to GIs looking for GG hookers.

Yep. She was with several of her trans friends that night. This was at a bar that was frequented by trans workers.

Trapt53
12-06-2015, 12:24 AM

Supposedly, the condoms didn't contain Jennifer or Pemberton's DNA. Just leftovers from previous occupants.

http://asianjournal.com/news/dna-from-olongapo-slay-doesnt-match-pemberton-laude/