PDA

View Full Version : TG Rights, Yes...But Is This Too Much?

nysprod
11-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Perhaps you've heard about a case in Illinois, where federal education authorities found Monday that an Illinois school district violated anti-discrimination laws when it did not allow a M2F transgender student, who identifies as a girl and participates on a girls’ sports team, to change and shower in the girls’ locker room without restrictions.

While the school had provided space in the girls' locker room, which was kept separate from the areas being used by genetic female students, the feds want the transgender student in question given unfettered access to girls’ facilities because failing to do so constitutes an infringement of her rights.

Now, the articles I've seen make no mention of whether the TG student has had SRS but assuming she has not, meaning she still has male genitalia, I can't agree that requiring her to use a separate area of the girls' facilities constitutes a rights infringement.

My basic reasoning is that reality can't be ignored; if a TG student has a penis, I see no reason to have genetic girls (some of which may be underage) exposed.

What do you think?

CoolAwesomeBXDude
11-05-2015, 05:03 PM
i agree with your reasoning 100%. just to piggy back off of that reason if they allow the tg to change in the gg locker room and still have a penis, what will stop actual males from putting a wig on to do the same and see all the naked women. i know its an extreme example but that could happen

Laphroaig
11-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Pretty much the same discussion/argument.

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?95087-Students-Protest-Transgender-Teen’s-Use-of-Girls’-Locker-Room-What-Are-Her-Rights

trish
11-05-2015, 05:13 PM
My basic reasoning is that reality can't be ignored; if a TG student has a penis, I see no reason to have genetic girls (some of which may be underage) exposed.
Agreed. Young girls are especially susceptible to the kryptonite-radiation emitted by male genitalia, regardless of who or what is sporting it. The harms it could cause them are innumerable...literally...they can't be enumerated.

nysprod
11-05-2015, 05:14 PM

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?95087-Students-Protest-Transgender-Teen’s-Use-of-Girls’-Locker-Room-What-Are-Her-Rights

I've just posted 2 more of her in my last post. Can you honestly say they aren't photshopped as well? A clever photographer, using perspective and a wide angle lens can make anything look bigger than it really is. But, in the pic's I've posted the girl is too far away for that trick to work.

How is your size queen analysis the same?

Laphroaig
11-05-2015, 05:17 PM
How is your size queen analysis the same?

There's 15 pages of other comments in that thread, some of which are on topic...

nysprod
11-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Agreed. Young girls are especially susceptible to the kryptonite-radiation emitted by male genitalia, regardless of who or what is sporting it. The harms it could cause them are innumerable...literally...they can't be enumerated.

To say nothing about the potential trauma inflicted on the TG girl after exposure to all those vaginas lol

lifeisfiction
11-05-2015, 07:14 PM

It is s a good long read. I would advise getting some popcorn, recline in your favorite chair and enjoying the thread. It will hold you all the way to the end.

Laphroaig
11-05-2015, 07:31 PM
It is s a good long read. I would advise getting some popcorn, recline in your favorite chair and enjoying the thread. It will hold you all the way to the end.

Nah, it's mostly filled with irrelevant drivel, some of which was written by me. :) It does cover most of the same ground though.

nysprod
11-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Nah, it's mostly filled with irrelevant drivel, some of which was written by me. :) It does cover most of the same ground though.

Apparently, you have the need to fill this thread with irrelevant drivel as well.

Laphroaig
11-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Apparently, you have the need to fill this thread with irrelevant drivel as well.

I only pointed out an existing thread, that despite it's faults, covers the same topic as this one. You're the one who successfully derailed your own thread by highlighting the irrelevant material.

nysprod
11-05-2015, 11:26 PM
I only pointed out an existing thread, that despite it's faults, covers the same topic as this one. You're the one who successfully derailed your own thread by highlighting the irrelevant material.

Are you going to make a relevant comment or is it to be just more of the same?

lifeisfiction
11-06-2015, 12:49 AM
Are you going to make a relevant comment or is it to be just more of the same?

It was pretty thorough discussion. I commented in it and I don't want to have to retype my statements again. Not to undermine your thread, but it was a solid discussion. It sort of went another path in the end, but for most of it, it was a great discussion.

scottnapx
11-06-2015, 01:29 AM
The school is requiring that the trans student change behind a privacy screen. Fine by me as long as they require ALL of the students to change behind those screens.

BellaBellucci
11-06-2015, 01:55 AM
The school is requiring that the trans student change behind a privacy screen. Fine by me as long as they require ALL of the students to change behind those screens.

Exactly. I don't think underage kids should have access to ANY naked bodies, regardless of gender. The same argument being used against the TS girl is also legitimate for lesbians, if it's legitimate at all. That said, the lack of privacy in such situations is mind-boggling, IMO.

~BB~

fred41
11-06-2015, 04:09 AM
So a FtM transgender shouldn't be allowed to change with the boys cause he's got a Vag and might be faking it?..lol

Hell, it doesn't matter because a TS (as also has been mentioned many times over)...may be a transsexual, but lesbian...and you can't bar homosexuals from locker rooms anyway.

...and let's face it - a TS at that age may be more uncomfortable about her naked body than any of those teenage girls ...just saying.
So who are we protecting and from what?

Illegal mind rape?..lol.

scottnapx
11-06-2015, 05:48 AM
Forcing the trans student to act differently reinforces the idea that she is, by her very nature, wrong and different. It is morally reprehensible to do that. If the other students are uncomfortable they don't have to look. Their possible discomfort does not limit her rights.

nysprod
11-06-2015, 06:58 AM
I'm seeing some very expressive and well thought out comments, and I appreciate the input.

What scott said about "forcing the trans student to act differently reinforces the idea that she is, by her very nature, wrong and different" really got me thinking about what it was like to be an adolescent as compared to an adult.

Certainly, for a young person in a high school setting, the idea of being seen as "different" can be very painful...and for a transgender person, I can barley imagine how this must be magnified.

I think that people need to be taught that different should not and does not automatically equate to being wrong, and that differences should be embraced rather than vilified.

Because at the end of the day, we're all different.

scottnapx
11-06-2015, 07:57 PM
"I think that people need to be taught that different should not and does not automatically equate to being wrong, and that differences should be embraced rather than vilified."
-nysprod

This statement is the basis of my basic life philosophy. I had a teacher in 5th grade... mostly a raving lunatic, but she said one thing that stayed with me for my entire life... paraphrasing...

"The American melting pot is both a terrible image and a horrible goal. In a melting pot all the ingredients become one tasteless uniform mush. A fruit salad on the other hand has many different ingredients that add to one another without losing what they are by themselves."

This is how I live my life. celebrating diversity. be it gender, sexuality, race, religion, political affiliation, social status, whatever. It has kept life interesting.