PDA

View Full Version : Stop press : Tea show date change ... Attention

GroobySteven
09-04-2015, 09:39 PM
http://www.grooby.com/wp-content/uploads/TEA16-featured-image-600x400.jpg

Transgender Erotica Awards (http://www.theteashow.com) organizers have changed dates of its 2016 show.

The new dates, March 6-7, were altered due to a scheduling conflict with the Grammy Awards and the unnecessarily high cost of hotel, transport, and entertainment that would be incurred by guests traveling to the Los Angeles area.
Grooby owner Steven Grooby said the event will still be held at the Avalon for the Awards and its connecting property, the Bardot, for the After Party. Grooby organizes and hosts the Transgender Erotica Awards (the TEAs).
“We've always run the show on the President’s Day weekend, but this year the clash with the Grammys has caused us to look at the impact it would have on all of our out of town guests,” Grooby said. “I appreciate it's not ideal to change a date after it's been announced, but I hope it's early enough so plans can be changed and I apologize to anyone who has been unduly inconvenienced. We're working on some extra goodies for the show, including hotel options to try and help all our attendees have an incredible weekend."

Grooby Marketing Director Kristel Penn said that “by giving almost six month’s notice, we’re trusting this decision won’t affect anyone’s plans too drastically. If it has, however, caused undue hardship to any of our guests, I encourage them to contact me immediately,” she said.

Individuals who have already booked travel arrangements should contact kristel@grooby.com.

Additionally, all sponsorship and media inquiries can be directed to her.

The 2016 Transgender Erotica Awards (http://www.theteashow.com) will be held on Sunday, March 6 at the Avalon in Hollywood. The official After Party will be held on Monday, March 7 at the Avalon’s connecting property, the Bardot.

Ben in LA
09-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Given how things are during Grammy time in LA, I'm happy you made this decision.

ed_jaxon
09-05-2015, 02:30 AM
Fuck yeah!!!

I was going to miss this year because of a conflict but the Degenerates ride again!

Ecstatic
09-05-2015, 02:51 AM
March is better I think for those of us coming from the northern and northeastern snowfields!

CoolAwesomeBXDude
09-05-2015, 06:40 AM
this is perfect

hopefully you dont change the time again

spending my bday weekend in LA and going to the TEA awards

niceguy4ts
09-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Great. Im hoping to spend like a week in LA and hope I can check out Club Cobra if it not running on the same night as the Awards. Anyone know if there is a dress code for a guy going to the Awards?

Ben in LA
09-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Great. Im hoping to spend like a week in LA and hope I can check out Club Cobra if it not running on the same night as the Awards. Anyone know if there is a dress code for a guy going to the Awards?
I'd recommend a suit...but business-casual is cool as well.

GroobySteven
09-08-2015, 02:57 PM

Thurs is Cobra. Although I'm pretty un-happy with that place, they massively water the drinks down.
Dress code is really, dress to impress. You don't need a suit but a shirt and shoes would go a long way. We've created an accessible higher end event, and you'd be out of place if too dressed down. The second night is more casual but still club/lounge style.

niceguy4ts
09-09-2015, 10:01 AM
I didn't know there was 2 night event. Is the second night the after party? If somehow I get invited to it.

christianxxx
09-09-2015, 04:19 PM
this is honestly the best news I have had in a long time. I am going to Cuba for Ironman Havana in February, so now this works out perfectly for me!

GroobySteven
09-09-2015, 04:44 PM
I didn't know there was 2 night event. Is the second night the after party? If somehow I get invited to it.

Night one is the award show at Avalon - starts with cocktail hour and then moves into the seated/standing area (there are sponsor table seating and then other seating for everyone). Finishes back in the bar area.
Night two is the after party - it's in another part of the same venue (Bardot) and more club/lounge style with mingling, socializing, dancing and just general fun. You don't have to attend one to attend the other but I'd strongly suggest you make the time for both. It's cool to meet some people on the 1st night and then continue on the second. We do offer a discounted double ticket.

niceguy4ts
09-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Cool . Thanks for the info. Ill keep an I on updates so I can purchase a ticket when the time comes. Ill wait until I purchase the ticket before I book a flight and hotel.

Ben in LA
09-10-2015, 11:59 AM
I guarantee you'll have fun.

niceguy4ts
09-13-2015, 11:05 AM
This may be a dumb question but which Grooby site should I sign up to so I can get an idea of which girls might be at the Awards Show in March?

I remember once a while back I signed up on ShemaleYum once but don't know if that's the one.

GroobySteven
09-13-2015, 01:20 PM
This may be a dumb question but which Grooby site should I sign up to so I can get an idea of which girls might be at the Awards Show in March?

I remember once a while back I signed up on ShemaleYum once but don't know if that's the one.

Shemale Yum or Shemale.XXX

niceguy4ts
09-14-2015, 06:44 AM
cool thx

Turlington
09-15-2015, 08:16 AM
Whew it's been awhile since I logged in! I was in LA during Grammy weekend this year, so I can understand your reasoning behind changing the date. Hopefully I'll make it this year.

CoolAwesomeBXDude
10-22-2015, 05:41 PM
any updates?