PDA

View Full Version : L.a ts scene

chris.williams3200
08-08-2015, 08:11 AM
How come the scene in l.a has died down in regards to ts parties

BellaBellucci
08-08-2015, 09:05 AM
I think it has a lot to do with trans women spending more time in mixed (read: mostly straight) spaces. That's what happens when a minority is on the road to acceptance. :)

~BB~

kj312
08-10-2015, 02:59 AM
There has been other posts about this. I think it's a problem all over and could be social media. I remember driving in hollywood on a Friday night and seeing way more people 5 years ago. In small towns there is not many people out. It didn't used to be like that.

Huevos_Rancheros
08-10-2015, 04:07 AM
I agree that the dedicated TS bar/party has died out. The best place to meet Latina TS is Circus Disco on Santa Monica Blvd. It is a mixed gay/straight, mostly Latin nightclub.

LA does have a couple of Thai ladyboy massage parlors. Checks the ads on Backpage.

Ben in LA
08-10-2015, 06:05 AM
I miss the good ol' days...but times change. I also remember all of the haunts being packed. Blame the internet? Camming and such?

Rabbiteyes
08-10-2015, 07:31 PM
I think it has a lot to do with trans women spending more time in mixed (read: mostly straight) spaces. That's what happens when a minority is on the road to acceptance. :)

~BB~

Yup, basically this.

Trans people don't really need to hide anymore.....and to get a date, they don't need to hang out in "designated trans spots" to get attention from guys hiding in the shadows :P Trans people can actually go to the movies or hang out in "normal" spaces to meet decent guys with good jobs who aren't ashamed.

Also, they don't need to do sex work to get by (because we can actually have normal jobs)....

So many guys only think of trans people in terms of prostitutes. The idea that they could actually just normally date one (and eventually have sex without even paying!! or -gasp- enter a relationship) hasn't seemed to sunk in I guess.

Ben in LA
08-11-2015, 06:23 AM
Danielle Foxx tweeted this (and Natassia Dreams retweeted) this picture from back in the day. This is Cobra, not 7969.

These were the days though...

Stavros
08-11-2015, 02:33 PM
I wonder if LA -indeed, other cities- is experiencing the same trend as reported in the UK in today's paper -the decline of the nightclub? Maybe private parties will be the next best thing?

This is what some of the report says, the full article is in the link:

Not going out: Why Millennials are no longer going to night clubs
So long to Ritzy and farewell to Cinderella Rockafella – the long tradition of the great British nightclub appears to be on the way out.
Even famous London dance-music clubs such as Turnmills, Bagley’s and The End have succumbed to a process that has seen the UK's total portfolio of nightclubs shrink by almost half from 3,144 in 2005 to 1,733 a decade later.
The statistic from the Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers (ALMR) is a signal not just of the effect of the smoking ban and the imposition of student loans but of a fundamental shift in the way a new generation chooses to spend its entertainment budget.
After a week listening to favourite playlists on Spotify, when friends on Facebook and WhatsApp have looked out so many other attractive weekend adventures that will make far better shots on Instagram, another Friday night at Mystique just doesn’t do it. And, as for pulling, there’s always Tinder.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/not-going-out-why-millennials-are-no-longer-going-to-night-clubs-10449036.html

Queen
08-11-2015, 03:40 PM
I'm think it's a healthy phenomena, isnt the point after our pain and misery with surgeries and hormones and lotta stuff i dont want to remember is to be accepted and admitted by others as we are women?? now you wanna us keep us away from the straight community and stay in the trans zone forever?? yes 95% of us are pre-ops and even a non-op at all but yet we hope to be treated and introduced as women, so the idea of trans bars and clubs i see it's not helping the cause that much