MrFanti
07-10-2015, 01:39 AM
Check it out....:cool:
-> http://www.magpictures.com/tangerine/
-> https://www.facebook.com/TangerineFilm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALSwWTb88ZU

natina
07-10-2015, 07:58 AM
an ARMENIAN FAMILY dealing with infidelity huh!

yodajazz
07-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Looks really funny, not laughing at the characters, but a life!

KorbinDallas
07-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Posted something about it recently. It is getting a LOT of great press because it was shot entirely on an iPhone 5s and is well done. Good acting jobs.

MrFanti
07-13-2015, 01:46 AM
Posted something about it recently. It is getting a LOT of great press because it was shot entirely on an iPhone 5s and is well done. Good acting jobs.

Absolutely!

gaysian71
07-13-2015, 02:07 AM
That looks like a great movie. And it opens here in SF this Friday. I'm gonna have to check that out on opening night.

MrFanti
07-13-2015, 03:12 AM
One main stream media review...
-> http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/tangerine-review-decent-film-transgender-sex-worker-article-1.2285607

sukumvit boy
07-13-2015, 03:22 AM
Looks interesting ,TY.

ed_jaxon
07-22-2015, 06:57 AM
Went and saw this last night. At times very funny but pretty serious at the end.

MrFanti
07-23-2015, 03:25 AM
Went and saw this last night. At times very funny but pretty serious at the end.

Ed, thanks for your perspective!

sukumvit boy
07-23-2015, 03:51 AM
Good interview yesterday on National Public Radio with the director and principle actress
http://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/2015/07/21/424979504/fresh-air-for-july-21-2015

sukumvit boy
07-23-2015, 04:09 AM
More , the sound track is winning great reviews too.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/sundance-film-review-tangerine-1201414093/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqsJq5qK3jE

sukumvit boy
07-23-2015, 04:27 AM
It's called 'Trap Music'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFF_Qg4ZWyU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F6d6crjRyU

Huevos_Rancheros
07-25-2015, 02:55 AM
I saw the movie today. I think it covered most of the bases of the life for street girls. Mainstream audiences currently infatuated with Caitlyn Jenner will be shocked to see the reality for far too many girls. The movie did have some humor so it wasn't a total downer.

I'm curious to hear other opinions especially from the girls.

krissy4u
12-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Now that this is out on Netflix - curious to hear what people thought / think. Some of my thoughts are on my FB page - I think I'm leaning more towards "didn't like" than "like" at the moment.

Nikka
12-13-2015, 03:59 PM
I wanna watch it!

krissy4u
12-13-2015, 04:12 PM
I wanna watch it!

Don't you already live it? :whistle:

runningdownthatdream
01-01-2016, 03:47 AM
Just watched this and thought it was great. Shows unpleasant daily-life stuff for people on the stroll - girls and johns alike. Performances seemed true-to-life and might even be uncomfortably so for some here but as a movie it was well-done.

P.S.: Stavro we need your review!

giovanni_hotel
01-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Didn't like the end scene where the principle actress stripped down to boy mode.
Reinforces the message that TS are just cross dressers and not full time.

TSMichelleAustin
01-01-2016, 09:27 PM
I really didnt care for it. The movie didnt really have a point, I felt like it was just put together to put together. I like it was filmed on iPhones but really wanted more in the story and it lacked a lot. I felt like too much was done for shock value vs. storyline.

SXFX
01-02-2016, 04:39 AM
its on netflix

Dahak
01-02-2016, 06:09 AM
The only praise this movie deserves is because it was shot with an iphone other then that the story and characters are a complete joke.

NikkiKittens
01-02-2016, 06:49 AM
I am so excited for it to be released here in Canada. It seems nice how they soften the hard and actual serious issue with humour.

You can be sure I'll be getting my tix on the premiere night!

Gillian
01-02-2016, 07:01 AM
I agree with several of the reviews so far. Whilst impressive that it was shot on an iPhone, that's where the praise has to end. Lacked cohesion and a "message".

gaysian71
01-02-2016, 08:45 PM
I never did get to see it on opening day. But I did see it on Netflix. I thought it was a great movie. And while I'm no expert on the daily life of Trans working girls, I have known a few. I even recently dated a working girl, and Tangerine seems to be a pretty typical "Day in the life" of working girls. So for that, I think its a great movie.

sukumvit boy
01-03-2016, 01:29 AM
:tongue:
I am so excited for it to be released here in Canada. It seems nice how they soften the hard and actual serious issue with humour.

You can be sure I'll be getting my tix on the premiere night!
Welcome NikkiKittens , we would love to see more of you on these pages.:whoa:whoa

MrF
01-03-2016, 04:45 AM
I liked it, too. Realistic, bittersweet and sad - what a lonely life those street TG lead ! But isn't street prostitution an anachronism now ? Well I dont know LA.

I gave it 3 stars on netflix, where the average rating is 2.5 / 5. Rotten tomatoes critic rating is 96% positive but audience rating 79%

JPeterson
01-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Really entertaining and compelling. Definitely one of the better films of 2015. It is a shame it won't be nominated for Best Picture above a lot of middle of the road Biopic Oscarbait.

ILuvGurls
01-09-2016, 03:52 PM
watched bits and pieces of it...looks like it will be entertaining.
Chester played Ziggy in season 3 (?) of the HBO series "The Wire"

Kojak
03-14-2016, 02:15 PM
Available on the UK Apple Store now. Just downloaded and watched it.
Very good movie.
I wonder if the jealous and vicious reaction of sin-derrella is typical or would it be just the same with a GG.
Alexandra looked hot by the way.
I thought there was a lot of detail in that movie, like when the other working girls were faul gossiping by saying one of their clients complained girl xyz had a smelly dick, hahaha
If not the same, I experienced that in London as well, when a girl talks dirty about the competition hahaha

bassman2546
03-14-2016, 02:55 PM
Watched it a couple of weeks ago. Aside from getting insight on the life of a Trans street worker, the movie had no story really. It just started, meandered along and ended. No goal set out for the main characters, no growth and no resolution. From a movie structural standpoint it failed miserably. Shot on an Iphone? How cute. Apple will be happy. I'd give it a one out of five stars simply for showing me the street life they deal with.

Kojak
03-14-2016, 03:08 PM
I disagree, there is a lot in that movie. What about the taxi driver and his wife and his in laws and the mutual dependency they have despite him being interested in TG girls. What about Alexandra trying to become a song artist, what about the Asian girl trying to run a doughnut franchise with hardly any customers, being occupied by Chester who is using it as his pimp HQ without actually consuming much besides a single doughnut.
This movie is a reflexion of real life depicting the story of many different people trying to survive.

runningdownthatdream
03-14-2016, 06:34 PM
I disagree, there is a lot in that movie. What about the taxi driver and his wife and his in laws and the mutual dependency they have despite him being interested in TG girls. What about Alexandra trying to become a song artist, what about the Asian girl trying to run a doughnut franchise with hardly any customers, being occupied by Chester who is using it as his pimp HQ without actually consuming much besides a single doughnut.
This movie is a reflexion of real life depicting the story of many different people trying to survive.

Agreed - I saw this movie as a day in the life of people living on the fringes of the greater society. To empathize, I think it helps if you've known such a life with such characters. Their struggles transcend gender or race and I found that I could relate to most of the characters in one way or another as I've been in many of these situations even if some only played out in my own head. A very interesting movie.

bassman2546
03-16-2016, 05:12 PM

Um, sure, okay. So you've got basic issues that never get resolved. You have characters that have issues but nothing changes from when the movie began to when the movie ended. Yes, there's conflict but that conflict doesn't make a character become stronger. They all just 'deal with life.' That's not good script writing. As far as the donut shop girl goes, the shop is merely a place to do a scene. Beyond that, she's not relevant and as far as her being a main component to the story, she's not. So to say she's dealing with running a struggling business is highly overstated.