PDA

View Full Version : aesthetic/social bias

peacheater
05-09-2015, 02:46 PM
With the media attention on the the ginger Prince visiting New Zealand lately, which of course is reported with first hand accounts of how "handsome" he is...
I'm very intrigued at how people who would be otherwise considered socially "unattractive" can get a pass because of their status. Yes, it does happen with gingas, and without wanting to come across too much like a lefty - hey even I could befriend a fat ginger black jew if they were cool...
but to get back on point, if this prince harry were just an average guy with red hair, that worked in a garage in Colorado would people be so enamoured? No, status can trump social norms when it comes to what is considered attractive.
But, does this give acceptance of people usually considered outside the norm, or does it just say to society "hey, everybody is beautiful in their own way, as long as they have status, OR match certain standards"? For example, we've all seen the rise of "plus size" models in the media recently. Well, if you've seen those ads you will notice that the ladies in question also happen to have pretty faces. In other words, "It's ok to be fat, as long as you are pretty".
To bring this into focus it also relates to the Bailey Jay interview on Amy Shuuuumererer (close enough) and the short lived Jim Norton show...great to see the trans community represent, but would it be so represented on any media if it was a 60yr old saggy uncle?
As I said, it's great to see somebody representing the community, but how much of that is because of the fact that "they" are aesthetically "ok" and does that create an unrealistic standard of acceptance for everybody else in that fringe of society? Yeah, Bailey Jay is a hottie and she would make some guys politely deny it in front of their
friends, but if she looked like an albino ginger Rush Limbaugh in drag would they be so polite?

Tapatio
05-09-2015, 05:41 PM
hey even I could befriend a fat ginger black jew if they were cool...

What the fuck is wrong with fat people, gingers, black folk, and Jewish people?

peacheater
05-09-2015, 09:56 PM
What the fuck is wrong with fat people, gingers, black folk, and Jewish people?

and over the head she goes...

Tapatio
05-09-2015, 10:52 PM
and over the head she goes...

No, I got what you're trying to say.

I just wondered why you chose those groups for your example. Some sort of bias, or truly random?

It's really extraneous to your "point."

hot4trannies
05-10-2015, 01:33 AM
There was a point?

Tapatio
05-10-2015, 02:36 AM
There was a point?

I think he means he feels unattractive and undesirable.

peacheater
05-10-2015, 04:38 AM
I think he means he feels unattractive and undesirable.

Are you really that stupid?

Merkurie
05-10-2015, 04:39 AM
You do know this is a forum devoted to showcasing good looking people?

Tapatio
05-10-2015, 05:03 AM
Are you really that stupid?

I just laughed so hard I got the hiccups.

Trollolol

Tapatio
05-10-2015, 05:09 AM
Does OP strike anyone as especially self-aware?

peacheater
05-10-2015, 05:46 AM
Does OP strike anyone as especially self-aware?

Do you always make baseless conclusions from being so easily offended?

Tapatio
05-12-2015, 04:27 AM
Do you always make baseless conclusions from being so easily offended?

When was I offended?