PDA

View Full Version : My novel Windshaper now available on Amazon Kindle

Ecstatic
05-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Windshaper is my first published novel, just published on Amazon Kindle (http://www.amazon.com/Windshaper-Ernest-Black-ebook/dp/B00X805KAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430953022&sr=8-1&keywords=windshaper). It's been in the works for years and is an epic fantasy in the grand tradition of LoTR and Earthsea. It's volume one of The Masks of Llyra and I'm currently 2/3 of the way into the sequel, with at least two more volumes planned.

Check it out here: tinyurl.com/ocrwz5o (http://t.co/S4f65rXbKq)

Odelay
05-09-2015, 03:43 AM
Very cool Ecstatic. I wish you luck with sales of the book and in your presumably *new* career.

EDIT: By the way, you mention books by Tolkien and LeGuin. Do you have other influences?

Ecstatic
05-09-2015, 06:54 AM
Very cool Ecstatic. I wish you luck with sales of the book and in your presumably *new* career.

Thanks! Actually I've been writing for quite some time, with a few minor publications, but this is my first novel. I earned my Master's in English/Creative Writing with an early draft of the novel as my thesis.

EDIT: By the way, you mention books by Tolkien and LeGuin. Do you have other influences?

Quite a few, actually. My major literary figure for my MA was C.S. Lewis (of course Narnia, but much more the Space Trilogy and Till We Have Faces). Other fantasy influences include Patricia McKillip, Peter S. Beagle, Marion Zimmer Bradley (her Avalon novels), Neil Gaiman, Roger Zelazny, Charles Williams, and Julian May. Other influences, a little less obvious, include Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, Jorge Luis Borges, Herman Hesse, William Blake, and Richard Brautigan.

flabbybody
05-09-2015, 07:06 AM
WOW, Congrats. great timing for the release because this is definitely the hot genre of the moment. hold out for big cash if Netflix comes a calling.
all the luck in the world to you E

Ecstatic
05-09-2015, 07:11 AM
Thanks my friend! Yes, I hope I catch the zeitgeist and don't miss it running by. I actually have been talking with a production company if it takes off, but that's putting the dragon ahead of the starship if you catch my drift.

runningdownthatdream
05-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Congratulations! I read the preview and it piqued my interest. I'm not an e-book reader though so i'll wait for a print edition. You mentioned some influences above but I was mostly reminded of Terry Brooks, Robert Jordan, and Tad Williams - not too shabby if I might say so :)

christianxxx
05-09-2015, 04:29 PM
congratulations! that's so cool. you aren't a fan of Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis?

Ecstatic
05-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Thanks runningdownthatdream. I'm not sure when I'll have a print version out, but I'm looking into it. Terry Brooks and Robert Jordan are great, though I don't count them as influences. I'm not familiar with Tad Williams.

Thanks Christian. Maybe I should be a fan of Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis, but I haven't read them. I'll check them out.

christianxxx
05-09-2015, 07:43 PM
the Death Gate's Cycle and about 200 of the D&D books

Tad Williams is good as well as is R.A. Salvatore

youngblood61
05-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Congrats Ecstatic, and good luck!:)

lifeisfiction
05-09-2015, 10:32 PM
Congrats. I don't want to get ahead, but I hope it goes well with the production company.

Ecstatic
05-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Congrats. I don't want to get ahead, but I hope it goes well with the production company.

Thanks! The novel has all the ingredients for a blockbuster fantasy movie with all the CGI pizzazz you could shake a dragon's tail at, but imho also an intriguing story, characters, and style. Of course, I'm only slightly biased....

martin48
05-10-2015, 03:54 PM
... and the computer game?

Ecstatic
05-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Hmm, interesting idea....there are endless possibilities for a computer game.