PDA

View Full Version : Cal.Sen.Prez (D) " ..all these CRACKERS..."(SFGate

White_Male_Canada
08-06-2006, 01:46 AM
More "tolerance" from the radical left:

Senate President Pro Tem Don Perata was more than blunt in a press conference Thursday to talk about lawmaker's end of session three-week sprint that starts on Monday -- at one point refering to "crackers" in San Diego.

On the controversial issue of granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants, Perata may have created some of his own controversy with his comments Thursday. When asked if he would move the bill to the governor's desk, Perata said he hadn't thought about it but would keep in mind that it is a hot-button issue in an election year.

"Immigration is a red meat issue. You've got all these crackers down in San Diego taking on the governor. Even the governor was shocked," he said, referring to Schwarzenegger's assessment of the rhetoric surrounding the immigration debate in that part of the state. "Those aren't the people I represent. But there is no point in getting into a pitched, vocal battle with these people ... if you start getting engaged with these people, you get tar all over yourself."

And Perata said that while it "means a lot to the people of the state of California" he didn't sound convinced that it is a battle worth going through again this year.

"I think the bill on its merits should be passed into law. Now that is different from the political climate. My responsibility is to look at all things, including in an election year, the political climate. I don't want to give undue advantage in an election year to people I belive do not have the best interest of this democracy at heart, some of those people that I intemperately call crackers."httpwww.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/author?blogid=14&auth=41

chefmike
08-06-2006, 07:18 AM
LMFAO...now that's a damn shame...someone has offended white male canadian cracker...LOL