PDA

View Full Version : How to Add Images on the New Site

GroobySteven
04-16-2015, 10:12 AM
The way to add images to your posts is a little different on this version of vBulltin so here is a walkthru.
Once you know it, it's much easier and allows you to upload a number of images at the same time, saving a lot of time. Most people have figured it out already but for those that haven't here you go;

1. Create new post and enter text.
2. To upload images, click on the paperclip at the top toolbar (next to smiley face).
3. Click "add files" - and when the window opens, "select files". Find where your images are on your hard-drive (the same as the last version).
4. What you can now do is hold down shift and select a number of images at one time, which appear in the box. When ready to add them, click "upload files".
5. You now should have these images in your screen. Click on the ones, select or deselect the ones you want to show and press done.
6. Images will show on your post.

SCROLL PAST THIS POST, TO THE NEXT POST FOR OPTIONS.

GroobySteven
04-16-2015, 10:18 AM
OPTIONS.

If you just want to upload a few images, the easier way to do it is;
1. Select "Insert Image" which is the icon like a painting next to the film strip on toolbar.
2. When the window opens if it hasn't defaulted to "from computer" then select that.
3. Click "Select Files" and then browse and find the image. Select "open".
4. You can do this one image at a time for as many images as you wish. When ready to post click "upload files".
5. These will appear at any point in your post that you selected to upload image.

GroobySteven
04-16-2015, 10:28 AM
There are a load of other options incl. inserting images inline (so you can create a post that looks more like a blog or magazine) but leave that to the more experienced user or for what you get adventurous.
Add questions here about image posting.

maxpower
04-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Is there a maximum size for attached photos? For example, if I post a picture I downloaded from Yum, it's original size is 1440 x 960. Will that show up full size in the post, or does the forum automatically re-size it? It seems like the latter. If it is re-sized, if I switch to thumbnail view for posts, will clicking the thumbnail give me the full original size, or only the forum re-sizing?

GroobySteven
04-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Is there a maximum size for attached photos? For example, if I post a picture I downloaded from Yum, it's original size is 1440 x 960. Will that show up full size in the post, or does the forum automatically re-size it? It seems like the latter. If it is re-sized, if I switch to thumbnail view for posts, will clicking the thumbnail give me the full original size, or only the forum re-sizing?

We're rebuilding it right now for showing thumbs - want to see a larger version, just click on it but default will be thumbs.

Ben in LA
04-17-2015, 12:53 AM
Test post. Note I'm doing this on an iPad and I had to open the reply in a new tab.

CORVETTEDUDE
04-17-2015, 07:09 PM
I didn't find it to be a problem but, others may have! And actually Steven, my presentation is not as you described. I have to "Go Advanced" and then scroll down to "Manage Attachments"

Richie H
04-19-2015, 12:49 AM
Just look at it as a new toy.
The more you play with it the better it gets..

Richie H
04-19-2015, 01:42 AM
Just look at it as a new toy.
The more you play with it the better it gets..
Whoo Hoo..

youngblood61
04-20-2015, 03:29 AM
I didn't find it to be a problem but, others may have! And actually Steven, my presentation is not as you described. I have to "Go Advanced" and then scroll down to "Manage Attachments"I have too do the same. No worries.

GroobySteven
04-20-2015, 09:47 AM
I have too do the same. No worries.
That's when you reply to a thread, not when you start a new thread.
When you reply, just click on "go advanced" if you know you're adding an image.

youngblood61
04-20-2015, 01:32 PM
That's when you reply to a thread, not when you start a new thread.
When you reply, just click on "go advanced" if you know you're adding an image.Thanks GS.

AndreeaLuv
04-20-2015, 04:40 PM
is there a limit to the pictures ? and can I also upload gif's ?

GroobySteven
04-20-2015, 05:03 PM
is there a limit to the pictures ? and can I also upload gif's ?

No limit although may be on a per post.
Gifs ... erm, not sure - I think so - try it!

Skye
04-20-2015, 05:13 PM
Sweet. Thanks for the extremely informative descriptions Grooby. I've always loved the basic-but-beautiful look on forums. None of the extra jazz that causes me much confusion. Keep up the gr8 work.

LI SEAN08
04-20-2015, 05:51 PM
I tried it and nothing happened. I hit upload after I selectied one file. Saw thermometer, then nothing

hardiron4u
04-21-2015, 04:52 PM
I have two questions one about images and the other about the new version.

1. Is it just me but all the uploaded images appear as thumbnails and but can be enlarged somewhat by clicking on the image. Is it still possible to see the full size image or is that feature not available?

2. The prior version had a CP User tab but I can't find it on the new version. Is this feature still available and if so how can I find it?

maxpower
04-21-2015, 05:41 PM
I tried it and nothing happened. I hit upload after I selectied one file. Saw thermometer, then nothing

You have to either click "Insert Inline" or "Done" after that.

maxpower
04-21-2015, 05:45 PM
I have two questions one about images and the other about the new version.

1. Is it just me but all the uploaded images appear as thumbnails and but can be enlarged somewhat by clicking on the image. Is it still possible to see the full size image or is that feature not available?

2. The prior version had a CP User tab but I can't find it on the new version. Is this feature still available and if so how can I find it?

1. I have found that by clicking again on the somewhat enlarged image, you can get to the original full-size.

2. It's now called "Settings" at the very top of the page to the right.

hardiron4u
04-21-2015, 06:41 PM
1. I have found that by clicking again on the somewhat enlarged image, you can get to the original full-size.

2. It's now called "Settings" at the very top of the page to the right.

The prior version had the icon and you could click on 'User CP'...then go to the left side of the menu - all the way at the bottom for 'Post Ratings'. This doesn't appear in the settings on the new version as far as I can see.

maxpower
04-21-2015, 08:10 PM
The prior version had the icon and you could click on 'User CP'...then go to the left side of the menu - all the way at the bottom for 'Post Ratings'. This doesn't appear in the settings on the new version as far as I can see.

I asked in another thread if the "Post Ratings" feature would be restored. Russ replied that he was working on it and that it would be, but nothing yet. Otherwise, the page seems to me to be exactly the same.

Ts RedVeX
04-22-2015, 01:28 AM
Welcome to the era of intelligent shit. The shit appears to be even more intelligent than the engineers that use it to build piles out of it... Oh wait, what is the actual meaning of "engineer" nowadays???

Russ
04-22-2015, 02:46 AM

This can now be found under the About Me section of your profile - it shows your total votes also how many liked and disliked votes you've received.

maxpower
04-22-2015, 03:56 AM
This can now be found under the About Me section of your profile - it shows your total votes also how many liked and disliked votes you've received.

I see that, but what he and I were referring to was a feature on the old version called "Post Ratings." It was on the left side of the User CP under the link for "Attachments." We could see a list of the last 50 ratings we received, which member gave the rating, which post was rated, and whether it was a good or bad rating. That's what we're looking for.

GroobySteven
04-22-2015, 09:53 AM
I see that, but what he and I were referring to was a feature on the old version called "Post Ratings." It was on the left side of the User CP under the link for "Attachments." We could see a list of the last 50 ratings we received, which member gave the rating, which post was rated, and whether it was a good or bad rating. That's what we're looking for.

I'm not sure we're going to put that feature back. Will see if it's simple enough to do - otherwise skip it.

hardiron4u
04-22-2015, 06:26 PM
My first question about the size of images seems to vary. The majority of images are thumbnail but in some case full size images appear. The following posts on show full size images:

Sexy nylon/stocking trannies Post #1603
Favorite Pic Of The Day!! Post #6873
Asses that I want to lick Post #1085
rear dick shots Post #1669

There must be a setting were the images can be uploaded in their full size!

GroobySteven
04-22-2015, 07:13 PM
My first question about the size of images seems to vary. The majority of images are thumbnail but in some case full size images appear. The following posts on show full size images:

Sexy nylon/stocking trannies Post #1603
Favorite Pic Of The Day!! Post #6873
Asses that I want to lick Post #1085
rear dick shots Post #1669

There must be a setting were the images can be uploaded in their full size!

If you upload an image it will show as a thumb. This makes for better display and faster page shows. If you want to open a thumb click on it. If you want to see the image in the size it was uploaded click on it again.

hardiron4u
04-23-2015, 06:19 PM
If you upload an image it will show as a thumb. This makes for better display and faster page shows. If you want to open a thumb click on it. If you want to see the image in the size it was uploaded click on it again.

Thanks for your reply. I now know how to enlarge. My question goes to why are the post I listed in full size and not thumbnails. I was just curious why some post show the larger full size image. Is this just a quirk in the new version? My only comment is that the thumbnail images are rather small whereas a slightly larger image would be preferable while still keep the better display and fast page views.

GroobySteven
04-23-2015, 07:19 PM
Thanks for your reply. I now know how to enlarge. My question goes to why are the post I listed in full size and not thumbnails. I was just curious why some post show the larger full size image. Is this just a quirk in the new version? My only comment is that the thumbnail images are rather small whereas a slightly larger image would be preferable while still keep the better display and fast page views.

They may be old posts, or links to content.

Russ
04-23-2015, 11:58 PM
Yeah they'll be linked images, hosted elsewhere. Got to be careful of tripping hotlinking rules if you do this from a location that isn't yours.

The older images were all reprocessed and are on the new thumbnail system.

Voyager7
04-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Is there a way in Settings, or whatever, to ditch the puny Thumbnails, and go back to where the pictures were sized when viewed were back in the olden days, before the "upgrade"? The thumbnails make navigating through the posts very time consuming. They do not show enough detail upon first glance.

I fear one has "Paved Paradise and Put Up a Parking Lot".....

hardiron4u
04-25-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure we're going to put that feature back. Will see if it's simple enough to do - otherwise skip it.

Thanks for the reinstatement of "My Ratings" found it under Settings.

GroobySteven
04-25-2015, 06:00 PM
Is there a way in Settings, or whatever, to ditch the puny Thumbnails, and go back to where the pictures were sized when viewed were back in the olden days, before the "upgrade"? The thumbnails make navigating through the posts very time consuming. They do not show enough detail upon first glance.

No.
It allows for better page viewer and faster loading.
If the thumbsnails are too small for you that they're making it time consuming please click here (http://visionexpress.com/book-eye-test/)

fred41
04-26-2015, 01:21 AM
I actually love the clickable thumbnail approach. It stops "the endless scroll down" and you can place the pics in various parts of your posts without too much effort. Good Job!

Voyager7
04-26-2015, 08:09 PM
Again, your solution was one which did not have an original problem from this PL's perspective. I have a 3 year old notebook, and 'merikan exceptional cable modem connection which probably ranks 50th or so in the world as far as speed goes. Never had a problem loading or viewing the past web site. Just needed to occasional touch the page down key. If you have a storage problem, get rid of the posts from year's past.

GroobySteven
04-26-2015, 10:16 PM
Again, your solution was one which did not have an original problem from this PL's perspective. I have a 3 year old notebook, and 'merikan exceptional cable modem connection which probably ranks 50th or so in the world as far as speed goes. Never had a problem loading or viewing the past web site. Just needed to occasional touch the page down key. If you have a storage problem, get rid of the posts from year's past.

Or get rid of people who've been here for 8 years - and participated 22 times with most of them being complaints? :-)

We've made changes we feel are for the better for ALL members and to keep Hungangels.com running well - we've done more drastic changes then this before - and if Vbulltin open new options, will look at them.

Voyager7
04-27-2015, 04:30 AM
I'd like to call it constructive criticism.

GroobySteven
04-27-2015, 10:25 AM
I'd like to call it constructive criticism.

Me too - and we base our changes on that and what we feel works. I don't see the issue, other than some people are resilient to any form of change. Pages load better, pages look better, images can be viewed as a set and clicked on ones they want full size.

Wild n Ready
05-06-2015, 03:05 AM
There are a load of other options incl. inserting images inline (so you can create a post that looks more like a blog or magazine) but leave that to the more experienced user or for what you get adventurous.
Add questions here about image posting.

The way to add images to your posts is a little different on this version of vBulltin so here is a walkthru.
Once you know it, it's much easier and allows you to upload a number of images at the same time, saving a lot of time. Most people have figured it out already but for those that haven't here you go;

1. Create new post and enter text.
2. To upload images, click on the paperclip at the top toolbar (next to smiley face).
3. Click "add files" - and when the window opens, "select files". Find where your images are on your hard-drive (the same as the last version).
4. What you can now do is hold down shift and select a number of images at one time, which appear in the box. When ready to add them, click "upload files".
5. You now should have these images in your screen. Click on the ones, select or deselect the ones you want to show and press done.
6. Images will show on your post.

SCROLL PAST THIS POST, TO THE NEXT POST FOR OPTIONS.
Wow. Let's play u and I

mtbazz
05-09-2015, 11:50 AM

this...clickable thumbnails setting is lame...sorry.

Laphroaig
05-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Is there a maximum file size limit for uploading?
I've looked and can't find that info but I've tried uploading a couple of pics that were >1 Mb and both failed.

Russ
05-11-2015, 02:05 AM
Yep, maximum size of 1Mb for jpg images I'm afraid. It's a big size for a web image, but you can try reducing your file size it either by using a program on your computer or using this free image editor:
http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/

Try reducing the size of the image (Image > Image Size...) or lowering the quality a little when you save it. Small lowering of quality won't be noticeable at all.

Laphroaig
05-11-2015, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the reply. Not a problem, I've got Photoshop Elements if I need to reduce the filesize.

sukumvit boy
04-06-2017, 01:18 AM
I recently noticed that I can only post one image at a time . Anybody else having this problem ? Did something change on this site or perhaps it's my computer ?
In other words , I usually post images from 'My Pictures' from 'My Computer' and I used to be able to 'select' multiple images to post and than just hit 'upload' and it would post the images in the order that I selected them . Now it only allows me to 'select' one image at a time and I than have to 'upload ' that image before proceeding to 'select' the next one . If I try to select multiple images it only uploads the last one that I selected.:pissed:

filghy2
04-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Seems to be working fine for me. Are you clicking on the + button after choosing the first file? That should bring up another 'choose file' button. It sounds like you are clicking the first 'choose file' button again.

gmb
04-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Make sure you click 'command/control' when selecting more than 1 image...

Laphroaig
04-06-2017, 04:03 PM
I recently noticed that I can only post one image at a time . Anybody else having this problem ? Did something change on this site or perhaps it's my computer ?
In other words , I usually post images from 'My Pictures' from 'My Computer' and I used to be able to 'select' multiple images to post and than just hit 'upload' and it would post the images in the order that I selected them . Now it only allows me to 'select' one image at a time and I than have to 'upload ' that image before proceeding to 'select' the next one . If I try to select multiple images it only uploads the last one that I selected.:pissed:

I think I've had the same thing as you for the past month or two. Can only upload 1 pic at a time. Using Firefox (latest version).

Seems to be working fine for me. Are you clicking on the + button after choosing the first file? That should bring up another 'choose file' button. It sounds like you are clicking the first 'choose file' button again.

Any chance of a screenshot as an example as I don't see a + button when uploading? Thanks.

Make sure you click 'command/control' when selecting more than 1 image...

As above, I don't see that option either.

I suspect that there are several ways to upload images and also that it may be browser related.

On a related note, different browsers definitely work differently on this site. There's posts where I can't see an uploaded/linked image on Firefox, but it's clearly displayed on Opera, which can be confusing...

gmb
04-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Command/control is on your keyboard, it's not an option on the screen...

rodinuk
04-07-2017, 06:03 PM
I suspect they're not Mac users - if they were they'd have command and control

sukumvit boy
04-07-2017, 09:40 PM
I think I've had the same thing as you for the past month or two. Can only upload 1 pic at a time. Using Firefox (latest version).

Any chance of a screenshot as an example as I don't see a + button when uploading? Thanks.

As above, I don't see that option either.

I suspect that there are several ways to upload images and also that it may be browser related.

On a related note, different browsers definitely work differently on this site. There's posts where I can't see an uploaded/linked image on Firefox, but it's clearly displayed on Opera, which can be confusing...

Thanks to you all so much for your help. I still haven't been able to clear up this problem.
Like Laphroaig I have been having this problem beginning about a month ago .I tried the hitting the Ctrl button on my keyboard after selecting the first image but nothing happens . Like Laphroaig I also don't see the + button anywhere on the insert image screen ,that's what has changed from before this problem started .
Before this started it would display a drop down list of the images as I selected them and than when I clicked on 'upload ' it would display the list and check them off with a green check mark as the computer uploaded each one of them.That's what it doesn't do anymore .
I use the Google browser in Windows 10 and have been using it since before this problem started.

Laphroaig
04-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Thanks to you all so much for your help. I still haven't been able to clear up this problem.
Like Laphroaig I have been having this problem beginning about a month ago .I tried the hitting the Ctrl button on my keyboard after selecting the first image but nothing happens . Like Laphroaig I also don't see the + button anywhere on the insert image screen ,that's what has changed from before this problem started .
Before this started it would display a drop down list of the images as I selected them and than when I clicked on 'upload ' it would display the list and check them off with a green check mark as the computer uploaded each one of them.That's what it doesn't do anymore .
I use the Google browser in Windows 10 and have been using it since before this problem started.

Does indeed sound identical to what I've experienced. I don't know the answer, but my suspicion now is that it's Adobe flash player related.

sukumvit boy
04-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Thanks again . It is my understanding that as far as the need for downloading the latest flash player , which one previously had to do manually every so often , google and / or Windows 10 now does that automatically for you . However I'll check it out and other things and let you know if I find anything.

sukumvit boy
04-07-2017, 11:16 PM
Just to clarify further , I mean I'm using Google Chrome browser.

Laphroaig
04-08-2017, 09:36 AM
I don't think there's any way to roll back to a previous version, so can't prove this, but the irony is that I think it's been an update to flash player that's caused the issue. My only hope is that a future update will fix it. Adobe seem to issue updates roughly once a month. I still update manually as adobe are always trying to sneak extra bits of software (McAfee, toolbars, etc) along with their updates.

gmb
04-08-2017, 09:49 PM
You can always use an image host...

Laphroaig
04-08-2017, 10:21 PM
You can always use an image host...

Not a good idea...

They're getting deleted - fucking tired of telling people - if you want to post photos, upload them here.
No links. No other image sites.
So you've wasted your time and now mine.

sukumvit boy
04-09-2017, 03:32 AM
I hope you are right regarding the flash player, Laphroaig ,as I know Adobe updates about every couple of months , or perhaps they will issue a patch of some kind.
One thing I don't understand is why more folks here aren't having the same problem, since I would think that most everyone here is using the Adobe flash player.
I tried searching online and I see many posts, past and present ,about people having this problem on various forums, but when I follow them up I see they are on forums that are not using the same format and structure as Hungangels so the answers do not apply.
Do any of you geeks out there know what the format/system of our forum is called?
Also , I don't think it's a browser issue as I tried using my old Internet Explorer browser which always worked for me in the past instead of my Google Chrome browser and I had the same problem posting multiple files .
Fucking computers , always some fucking problem ! Although I must admit that the combination of Windows 10 and the Google Chrome browser which I have been using the last year or so has felt seamless ,is like driving a Bentley or Tesla instead of my old VW Microbus.LOL

rodinuk
04-09-2017, 06:20 AM
Do any of you geeks out there know what the format/system of our forum is called?

vBulletin 4.2.3

gmb
04-10-2017, 03:55 PM
This is what you should see after clicking the 'insert image' icon:

Make sure it's on the 'from computer' tab, and not the 'from URL' tab.
If you're able to choose an image, then click the 'upload file(s)' button.
(I notice this will not appear as a button unless I click it first.)
If this doesn't work, it's probably a browser issue.

Laphroaig
04-10-2017, 11:31 PM
This is what you should see after clicking the 'insert image' icon:

Make sure it's on the 'from computer' tab, and not the 'from URL' tab.
If you're able to choose an image, then click the 'upload file(s)' button.
(I notice this will not appear as a button unless I click it first.)
If this doesn't work, it's probably a browser issue.

Thank you. Yes, that's what I see and that still works. However, from that screen I used to be able to select multiple images, then upload them all at once. It's that facility which seems to have disappeared, meaning if I want to add more than one image to a post, I have to upload each separately, one at a time.

sukumvit boy
04-11-2017, 04:06 AM
Thank you. Yes, that's what I see and that still works. However, from that screen I used to be able to select multiple images, then upload them all at once. It's that facility which seems to have disappeared, meaning if I want to add more than one image to a post, I have to upload each separately, one at a time.
Yes , exactly my problem too.

filghy2
04-12-2017, 03:26 AM
I see what you mean now. If I use the 'Insert image' button I have the same problem. What I do is click 'Go advanced' and then 'Manage attachments', which brings up another box where you can select multiple attachments using the + button before uploading. I didn't even realise the first option was there until it was mentioned above.

Laphroaig
04-12-2017, 11:39 AM
I see what you mean now. If I use the 'Insert image' button I have the same problem. What I do is click 'Go advanced' and then 'Manage attachments', which brings up another box where you can select multiple attachments using the + button before uploading. I didn't even realise the first option was there until it was mentioned above.

Thank you, I knew about the "Go advanced" option, but have never noticed the option to upload multiple files (see screenshot below) within it before. Will have a play around with it.:cheers:

sukumvit boy
04-13-2017, 08:55 PM
Thanks filghy2 , although that method is not the one I used in the past , it certainly works !:banana: