PDA

View Full Version : Is this supposed to be the new look?

Vladimir Putin
04-14-2015, 05:15 AM
I guess I'll get used to it.

Instrumental
04-14-2015, 05:28 AM
I think it's an improvement already.

Tapatio
04-14-2015, 05:29 AM
I guess I'll get used to it.

My only option was "reply with quote."

Weird.

Maybe they're working through the updates.

Regardless, glad to see we're back online.

Tapatio
04-14-2015, 05:33 AM
Now I have "reply" as an option. Maybe it's because I wasn't logged in at the time?

It looks...

I'll give it time and say "thanks" to the people who worked on this change.

sockratees
04-14-2015, 05:46 AM
where the hell are the like/dislike buttons!?

Steve-Oh
04-14-2015, 06:18 AM
Looks good.
Nice clean & updated.
Good job!
Not every forum style has the same features:
I'm sure there are a familiar few add-ons that'll come over the next few days.

nysprod
04-14-2015, 06:23 AM
Looks good.
Nice clean & updated.
Good job!
Not every forum style has the same features:
I'm sure there are a familiar few add-ons that'll come over the next few days.

Was the members that needed some updating lol

CoolAwesomeBXDude
04-14-2015, 06:36 AM
i was about to make a post that said "what the heck happened to the forum?"

guess you already beat me to it

Tapatio
04-14-2015, 06:42 AM
Was the members that needed some updating lol

97 X.

All JigglyGMoney, all the time.

maxpower
04-14-2015, 08:07 AM
Hmm...I don't know about this. You don't seem to be able to view attachments full size anymore, and youtube links (for example, the music thread) are no longer embedded.

Skye
04-14-2015, 08:34 AM
The forum reminds me of a very basic phpbb template, now.

Paladin
04-14-2015, 08:42 AM
What's with the huge panel running down the right side 1/3 of the screen??? Serious annoyance IMO.

GroobySteven
04-14-2015, 09:18 AM
It's still getting styled.
Congratulations to the moaners. Let me know your addresses and I'll send you your refunds in the post.
Paladin, the same panel that was on the previous version, and runs down less than 1/8th of the screen on my monitor. If you post your browser details we can look at it.

Other features should be coming. There are some changes designed for speed and navigation.

topboy
04-14-2015, 12:24 PM
Well i think we went from good to worse with this change.

AshlynCreamher
04-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Oh kewl, hungangels went through transition :P

I guess we can't thumb down post anymore, huh?

BlüeKarma
04-14-2015, 02:07 PM
It's not too bad compared to some places. :whistle:

Lester316
04-14-2015, 02:18 PM
Wow... always amazes me how people complain about a free service when it changes. Have some patience, wait and see how things turn out and if when it's all sorted you still aren't happy with how it is move on to something else if it bothers you so much.

These days it feels as if people feel like they can complain about something that is free infinitely more than something they get grossly overcharged for.

darkrose2000
04-14-2015, 03:06 PM
I like the update and the new look.
For me personally is much better and smooth like this.

sassygirl
04-14-2015, 05:47 PM
its fresher looking, but i miss the pictures at the top.

trish
04-14-2015, 06:07 PM
Lookin' good. I for one am glad you dropped the thumbs up/down feature.

Elisabeth_TS
04-14-2015, 07:04 PM
I quite like it, will be interesting to see what else is added or what the other changed are to it in the next few days.

GroobySteven
04-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Well i think we went from good to worse with this change.

I'd be happy to fix it so you don't have to look at it again.

THEbottom
04-14-2015, 08:04 PM
Can no longer click on photos to enlarge them ???? Not an improvement !!!!

Vladimir Putin
04-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Congratulations to the moaners. Let me know your addresses and I'll send you your refunds in the post.

Not moaning at all. I belong to a few other forums that also went through changes like this and I always eventually get used to them.

GroobySteven
04-14-2015, 11:02 PM
Not moaning at all. I belong to a few other forums that also went through changes like this and I always eventually get used to them.

Wasn't specifically you.
We will have;
a) upvote/downvote or rating.
b) gallery images should be at the top.
c) checked right hand toolbar/advert bar and nothing has changed.
d) looking into how to enlarge images further.

Those who upload images will find it MUCH easier to do and far more intuitive than previous versions, also surfing is already faster on this version.

nysprod
04-14-2015, 11:20 PM
I just want to know why I consistently have one of the smallest avatars on here...I mean, having a small penis is one thing but this really is too much!

Vladimir Putin
04-14-2015, 11:24 PM
We will have;
a) upvote/downvote or rating.
b) gallery images should be at the top.
c) checked right hand toolbar/advert bar and nothing has changed.
d) looking into how to enlarge images further.

Those who upload images will find it MUCH easier to do and far more intuitive than previous versions, also surfing is already faster on this version.

Kewl! Look forward to the updates.

Stavros
04-14-2015, 11:57 PM
I am not opposed to the changes, the last time the forum style changed was I think four or five years ago, and it still looks smart and is easy to navigate. My only negative reaction so far is due to the smaller font for headings, titles of threads -and I think the font size for posts. I am short-sighted so do not wear spectacles in front of a screen but I find it takes me longer to read the titles.

GroobySteven
04-15-2015, 12:58 AM
I am not opposed to the changes, the last time the forum style changed was I think four or five years ago, and it still looks smart and is easy to navigate. My only negative reaction so far is due to the smaller font for headings, titles of threads -and I think the font size for posts. I am short-sighted so do not wear spectacles in front of a screen but I find it takes me longer to read the titles.

Will take a look at that.
There was actually a change only a couple of years back when we reformatted for mobile. It's also important to keep updating to get the best security.
BTW have you seen the cool auto-save? No losing long posts!

dreamon
04-15-2015, 01:10 AM
Lookin' good. I for one am glad you dropped the thumbs up/down feature.

Shocking.

ktkraft
04-15-2015, 02:44 AM
There was actually a change only a couple of years back when we reformatted for mobile. It's also important to keep updating to get the best security.

will we get the preview back? thats the only thing i actually miss lol

Stavros
04-15-2015, 04:36 AM

Thanks Steven and yes, I did notice the auto-save which is a brilliant idea as I have lost some marathon posts in the past...though that really means I should just be more succinct at times...

Skye
04-15-2015, 11:08 AM
I don't believe that I was complaining about the changes - I much like the default phpbb look, personally. I am a bit surprised that the changes weren't tested on a closed site, first, if the style/layout and/or feature set is still in an unfinished state. Either way, though, it's still easier to navigate than the old layout, and I'm thankful that the staff are taking the time to update the site.

GroobySteven
04-15-2015, 12:38 PM
I don't believe that I was complaining about the changes - I much like the default phpbb look, personally. I am a bit surprised that the changes weren't tested on a closed site, first, if the style/layout and/or feature set is still in an unfinished state. Either way, though, it's still easier to navigate than the old layout, and I'm thankful that the staff are taking the time to update the site.

Impossible to test on a closed site. It's got nothing to do with the design (or skin). When you have a forum with 100,000's of posts and images going back a decade and with a lot of after market plugins, then it can only realistically be done live.

CD_Sasha
04-15-2015, 02:05 PM
Please don't blast me for my input but.. I hope HA doesn't turnout to be like Digg.com after a site overall. Just out of curiosity, question for the HA admins, has the site traffic decreased??

Wouldn't it had been better if the site slowly made small changes vs drastic new layout? Guess it's too late and we all have to adjust.

CD_Sasha
04-15-2015, 02:07 PM
I just want to know why I consistently have one of the smallest avatars on here...I mean, having a small penis is one thing but this really is too much!

You don't have a small penis Prod ;P

GroobySteven
04-15-2015, 03:03 PM
Please don't blast me for my input but.. I hope HA doesn't turnout to be like Digg.com after a site overall. Just out of curiosity, question for the HA admins, has the site traffic decreased??

Wouldn't it had been better if the site slowly made small changes vs drastic new layout? Guess it's too late and we all have to adjust.

Fucking hell, seriously?
What is "drastic new layout" - it's practically identical.
Need a reminder?

https://web.archive.org/web/20150410014848/http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/ There is virtually no difference in the navigation, usability or even the look of the site.

Has the traffic decreased since yesterday? I've no idea.

Jericho
04-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Now all we need is a deep, eye scorching pink overlay, and we've got us a forum! :hide-1:

Stavros
04-15-2015, 11:23 PM
Like the new headings in larger font and bold, makes it easier to read, and I see many other features like youtube embeds and ratings are back. Excellent work by the IT team, thanks!

Tapatio
04-16-2015, 12:01 AM
Hmm...I don't know about this. You don't seem to be able to view attachments full size anymore, and youtube links (for example, the music thread) are no longer embedded.

I can't access the "full site" (it throws an error) from my phone.

The mobile version won't let me upload pics, and I can't figure out how to get past the first page on longer threads.

And are tags back? At the top of the thread just now it said "Tags: ".

Also, I think "preview post" submits the post. If you're reading this, it happened.

Wendy Summers
04-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Thanks Steven and yes, I did notice the auto-save which is a brilliant idea as I have lost some marathon posts in the past...though that really means I should just be more succinct at times...

tl; dr

CoolAwesomeBXDude
04-17-2015, 03:03 PM
i wasnt moaning... i was just caught by surprise

after viewing it, the forum looks way better this way

Jericho
04-17-2015, 03:27 PM
though that really means I should just be more succinct at times...

Oh, if only! :dead:

Stavros
04-17-2015, 04:27 PM
Oh, if only! :dead:

Point taken, your Holiness, dude.