PDA

View Full Version : Rep. John Dingell (D-MI) Is Not Against Hezbollah/audio

White_Male_Canada
08-04-2006, 06:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDNodOVnO14

Dingbat , one of the eight Democrats who did not vote in favor of the Congressional resolution supporting Israel in its conflict with Hezbollah.

Felicia Katt
08-05-2006, 04:46 AM
here is an accurate transcript of what Rep. Dingel actually said

Q: You’re not against Hezbollah?

DINGELL: No, I happen to be — I happen to be against violence, I think the United States has to bring resolution to this matter. Now, I condemn Hezbollah as does everybody else, for the violence.

Taking quotes out of context is bad enough, but your sources purposefully failed to include the whole quote. The Washington Times admitted and apologized for their error with that quotation. Will you for yours?
http://thinkprogress.org/2006/08/03/times-apologizes/

FK

Nowhereboy
08-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Felicia,

This is exactly the way W_ M_C operates. It is almost as though he visits the RNC every day to get their talking points and then he slavishly repeats them as though they are original thoughts of his. Does it not seem that way to you?

Peter

White_Male_Canada
08-05-2006, 06:08 PM
here is an accurate transcript of what Rep. Dingel actually said

Q: You’re not against Hezbollah?

DINGELL: No, I happen to be — I happen to be against violence, I think the United States has to bring resolution to this matter. Now, I condemn Hezbollah as does everybody else, for the violence.

Taking quotes out of context is bad enough, but your sources purposefully failed to include the whole quote. The Washington Times admitted and apologized for their error with that quotation. Will you for yours?

FK

No.

You jest?

" Q:Are you against Hezbollah? A:NO... I condemn Hezbollah...for the violence" :lol:

Thank you for proving, verifying and re-enforcing the point of this post.

And once again,with emphasis:

Dingbat , one of the eight Democrats who did not vote in favor of the Congressional resolution supporting Israel in its conflict with Hezbollah.