PDA

View Full Version : hormones

Bridgettaxo
03-14-2015, 07:17 PM
i feel alone.. all the time.. when i go out and live as a boy it makes me feel like I'm acting a role for others.. i have a million cross dresser friends and they all seem preoccupied with nothing and i can't seem to connect with anyone on the planet. It is my normal.. and it is depressing me.. i have therapist and i talk about it and he looks at me like I'm crazy.. HE thinks i should just be myself. but that involves not doing anything to change my life. just continue being closeted etc.. i can't even figure out where to get a good therapist for trans people. I was going to go to one person in albany but we emailed and it just didn't gel.. wtf.. its so weird. and annoying.. sorry for the rant.. i live an hour north of ny in the hudson valley.. i know there are probably good dr in nyc but i really want a recommendation from a trans person. honestly i just think people are too busy to notice me..

tao1kiku
03-14-2015, 07:33 PM
This might be a good guide to print out and give to your healthcare provider:

http://sherbourne.on.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Guidelines-and-Protocols-for-Comprehensive-Primary-Care-for-Trans-Clients.pdf

Bridgettaxo
03-14-2015, 07:40 PM
thanks.. i will totally read that. the person i was going to see is sean endress. i included a pic of myself in the email to him/her? and i got a sort of smug response saying something about just because i put on a dress doesn't make me trans.. what an asshole..! excuse me.. i just like. can't..

Bridgettaxo
03-14-2015, 07:52 PM
this is me.

TempestTS
03-15-2015, 01:22 AM
Embrace that which lifts you up - leave behind that which does not.

if you have questions feel free to ask - you are not alone and no matter what the view is from where you are at right now, Nothing is Impossible
you can set the path for your own destiny.

tao1kiku
03-15-2015, 03:49 AM
No one has the right to question your transition but you. So if a medical professional does not understand and are not open to learning to understand, find someone else. Cute photo, but suggest stand taller, pull your shoulders back, head held high and be proud

cristos
03-15-2015, 04:09 AM
http://choicesconsulting.com/

simply the best and in albany

natina
03-15-2015, 04:58 AM
try this with a little estrogen and in about 3 months you will look more then passable
Methylprednisolone Sodium Succinate

two 60mg does a day

Bridgettaxo
03-15-2015, 05:05 AM
http://choicesconsulting.com/

simply the best and in albany
Ahh. Thank you!

AshlynCreamher
03-15-2015, 05:01 PM
i have therapist and i talk about it and he looks at me like I'm crazy.. HE thinks i should just be myself. but that involves not doing anything to change my life. just continue being closeted etc..

I'm not telling you what to do but...

Your therapist sounds like like a bigot, may I suggest finding a new therapist (http://www.lauras-playground.com/gender_therapists.htm) more deserving of your time and money.

When you do find a trans friendly therapist; expect to spend the next 3 months (3 sessions) creating your personal road map (strategy) on how you will pay for and accomplish your transition to the female form.

All awhile keep these two facts close to mind
1) transition is a choice you have not only the right but the ability to make clear decisions about your own body
2) you understand all the risks involved with taking hormones

In 3 months your therapist will give you a letter and business card to a MD who will help you

Good luck!

AshlynCreamher
03-15-2015, 05:08 PM
try this with a little estrogen and in about 3 months you will look more then passable

two 60mg does a day

I have a appointment cumming up, I'll have to ask about this

Thnx for sharing

rxpharm
03-16-2015, 04:59 PM

two 60mg does a day

Methylprednisolone is a corticosteroid, and should not be used without being monitored by a qualified medical doctor. Use of methylprednisone can cause adrenal suppression (reduced production of cortisol - which is the body's natural steroid), stopping methylprednisolone abruptly may precipitate a fatal Addisonian crisis.

Use of estrogen is much safer under the monitoring of a qualified physician.

itsnotme
03-16-2015, 10:22 PM
good luck idk how it works where you are but your doctor might make you do 6 months rle where you present as a woman without hormones before they let you start hrt it varys from place to place and can be a slow process just keep pushing your doctor though

AshlynCreamher
03-16-2015, 11:29 PM
good luck idk how it works where you are but your doctor might make you do 6 months rle where you present as a woman without hormones before they let you start hrt it varys from place to place and can be a slow process just keep pushing your doctor though

I'm not saying this is bullshit...

(Pause)...

But...

... Its bullshit :)

I was on hormones for 6 month before going fulltime

This isn't the dark ages you know!

itsnotme
03-16-2015, 11:36 PM
well here in the uk its not uncommon to have to wait awhile some local nhs branches still do rle i think mine might be one and ive head it still happens in the Netherlands and Sweden to