PDA

View Full Version : China says yes to trade unions at Walmart

specialk
08-01-2006, 02:28 AM
:claps

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/31/business/worldbusiness/31walmart.html?_r=1&ref=business&oref=slogin

08-01-2006, 03:00 AM
Communism and unions go hand in hand, no surprise here.

specialk
08-01-2006, 03:21 AM
Allanah Starr wrote:

I have a suspicion who this TFan person is- it smells like YourDaddy-who was banned already.

Several people have tried this attempt like MixedPrettYGuy who is now CuteMixedGuy, but he has been in check (at least on here) otherwise he would have been gone, gone, gooooooooooooone. But there are others who are banned, lurk back and then they get chopped again.

I'll bet u anything I am right.

chefmike
08-01-2006, 03:55 AM
LMAO..our latest knee-jerk neo-nazi forgot to include the myth of so-called "trickle-down" economics in his limbaugh/hannity/oreilly talking points...

You know things are getting bad when even China can use our own statistics against us...and please refresh my memory...what was the budget surplus when the great satan Clinton left office? You fucking jackass...

China’s Report on US Human Rights Record in 2000
Information Office of China's State Council

III. Widening Gap Between Rich and Poor and Deteriorating Situation of Worker's Economic and Social Rights

The latter part of the 20th century was the most economically prosperous period in US history, with the economic growth rate rising steadily 118 months by the end of 2000.

However, the gap between the rich and poor widened and the living standards of the laborers went from bad to worse. Pressing issues such as poverty, hunger and homelessness proved difficult to solve.

The gap between the rich and poor in the United States grew at the same pace as the economic growth. Statistics show that the richest 1 percent of the US citizens own 40 percent of the total property of the country, while 80 percent of US citizens own just 16 percent.

Since the 1990s, 40 percent of the increased wealth went into the pockets of the rich minority, while only 1 percent went to the poor majority.

From 1977 to 1999, the after-tax income of the richest 20 percent of American families increased by 43 percent, while that of the poorest 20 percent decreased 9 percent, allowing for inflation. The actual income of those living on the lowest salaries was even less than 30 years ago.

An article in the February 21, 2000 issue of US News and World Report pointed out that the average income of the richest 5 percent of families in 1979 was 10 times of that of the poorest 20 percent of families. In 1999, the income gap had been enlarged to 19 times, ranking first among the developed countries, and setting a record since the Bureau of Census of the United States began studying the situation in 1947.

The income of the executives of the largest US companies in 1992 was 100 times that of ordinary workers, and 475 times higher in 2000.

According to an assessment by the US journal Business Week in August 2000, the income of chief executive officers was 84 times that of employees in 1990, 140 times in 1995, and 416 times in 1999.