02-28-2015, 01:54 AM
The best first officer ever ! He lived long and prospered. LLAP

sukumvit boy
02-28-2015, 02:41 AM
Sorry to hear that. RIP

sukumvit boy
02-28-2015, 02:48 AM
He lived long and prospered.
Leonard Nimoy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Nimoy)

Odelay
02-28-2015, 03:02 AM
Spock is the greatest TV character of all time. With the passage of time, Walter White might catch up, but maybe not.

Ben
02-28-2015, 03:13 AM
Wasn't really a Star Trek fan... but liked The Wrath of Khan:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBpwPfW1Lsw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBpwPfW1Lsw)

And Leonard Nimoy was great in Invasion of the Body Snatchers:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AocjvWQVi0A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AocjvWQVi0A)

youngblood61
02-28-2015, 03:41 AM
RIP Mr. Spock

max1958
02-28-2015, 04:25 AM
Live long and Prosper so bummed out. Huge Star Trek fan.

Ben in LA
02-28-2015, 06:32 AM
Last tweet...

nysprod
02-28-2015, 07:00 AM
Last tweet...

Wow, that's intense and so true...thanks for posting that.

rodinuk
02-28-2015, 09:43 AM
RIP Leonard Nimoy

I also enjoyed the quality of his narrations on space programs and IMAX films

trish
02-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Everyone remembers the character Spock’s dual nature. His mother was human and father vulcan. His adopted culture was vulcan which emphasizes isolation, contemplation, logic and the sublimation of emotion while his adopted vocation was Federation science officer which placed him among a wild diversity of passionate beings. I can’t help but think Spock help me through a difficult period of my life. I know Leonard Nimoy was at times irritated with the popular emphasis on this particular role which in the minds of the public overshadowed his other efforts. Yet this is the character I thank him for. I wonder if there was not something special about Mr. Nimoy that enabled him to bring life to this role and pull it off so well.

Ecstatic
02-28-2015, 05:31 PM
Certainly Spock is on the short list of greatest TV characters ever. But Nimoy was so much more, as an actor, a director, a photographer: RIP son of Boston and Vulcan.

Odelay
03-01-2015, 03:43 AM
Everyone remembers the character Spock’s dual nature. His mother was human and father vulcan. His adopted culture was vulcan which emphasizes isolation, contemplation, logic and the sublimation of emotion while his adopted vocation was Federation science officer which placed him among a wild diversity of passionate beings. I can’t help but think Spock help me through a difficult period of my life. I know Leonard Nimoy was at times irritated with the popular emphasis on this particular role which in the minds of the public overshadowed his other efforts. Yet this is the character I thank him for. I wonder if there was not something special about Mr. Nimoy that enabled him to bring life to this role and pull it off so well.

Trish, this video interview is very good and probably answers some of your questions above...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYwk-ObP1Rw

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
03-01-2015, 04:55 AM
Everyone remembers the character Spock’s dual nature. His mother was human and father Vulcan. His adopted culture was Vulcan which emphasizes isolation, contemplation, logic and the sublimation of emotion while his adopted vocation was Federation Science Officer which placed him among a wild (wide) diversity of passionate beings. Blah blah blah i'm so wonderful blah blah blah etc...
6/10

Really, eh? Hmm. "Fascinating! Illogical!"
Lately, you've been acting quite a lot like Worf towards me and less like the cool headed, unemotional, and very patient Spock who you think you are, and i have been very polite with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKII3sFUCgs

Well if you think that, then you win the prize for the dumbest dipshit on the internet.

Remember, trish.

If you have your opinion out loud, then others have the right to judge your opinion.

Babe,
xoxo

Jericho
03-01-2015, 05:09 AM
Are you really so fucking self absorbed that you think it's appropriate to bring up your little spat here and now on a rip thread?

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
03-01-2015, 05:13 AM
I am Jericho. I am so fucking self absorbed that i think it's appropriate to bring up what ever the fuck i like because i don't respect myself.

Yaaa. Are you so self absorbed that you will get involved???

Nimoy's family is here? Get real and get lost

You've been placed on ignore loser.

BeardedOne
03-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Never had the pleasure to meet Leonard (Though I met his mom when she brought her bridge club to a little Trek con in Braintree, MA back in the early 80's), but loved his work. Not just as Spock, but in his role as Paris on the original Mission:Impossible series, his narration work, and many of his interviews (One, about his boyhood neighborhood of the West End in Boston, is making the rounds in many tribute posts).

He will be missed.

Loco
03-01-2015, 10:58 PM
A man of many talents articulate an excellent narrator timeless in his screen appearances and dignified in his professional life, definitely a one of a kind. At 83 a reasonably long life and I trust it was a fulfilling one, he will be missed and thank you for the memories.

jamesedwards
03-02-2015, 12:12 AM
RIP L. !!! A lot of great actors will die in the next 4 years! they have that other young actor who played on the New Star Trek who looks just like him, that's crazy

BBaggins06
03-04-2015, 02:32 AM
A class act all the way to the end. He will be missed. Condolences to his friends and family.