PDA

View Full Version : Is Hung Angels having server problems??

specialk
07-29-2006, 05:44 PM
I've been getting error messages...."can't find website etc." takes many reloads to open a page.....plus not all pics load when page opens. Am I the only one with this experience?

Jasadin
07-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Yeah ,I'm having the same problem.

BeardedOne
07-29-2006, 08:17 PM
I haven't noticed anything unusual about HA, but have been having similar problems overall with other sites. I've been chalking it up to the wacky weather we've been having and related power/cable outages.

Does HA host on the same servers as MySpace? If so, we're all screwed. :lol:

NYCe
07-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary. There are periods in the day when the traffic spikes at unusually high levels, you might have been caught in one of those. I'll keep an eye out.

specialk
07-29-2006, 09:05 PM
Haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary. There are periods in the day when the traffic spikes at unusually high levels, you might have been caught in one of those. I'll keep an eye out.

Yeh it's a little weird to say the least, as this is the only site in the entire WWW that I have trouble with. Been going on for about 1 week, most anytime of day........wish I could figure it out.

NYCe
07-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Is it happening right now?

specialk
07-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Is it happening right now?

Yes it is

Bigguy
07-29-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm not having any problems. Seems to be responding quickly.

specialk
07-29-2006, 10:30 PM
here's a screenshot:

BeardedOne
07-29-2006, 11:34 PM
here's a screenshot:

There's your first mistake, SK. AOL. When I first logged onto HA back in Octember of last year I had all sorts of problems. Turned out it was because I was trying to access it through AOL's client. Once I pinged it via MIE it worked itself out. I've found this true of other forums as well.

Try it direct through MIE or another browser (Not the AOL client) and see if it helps.

PS: Of particular note, AOL is tweaking its system again. I usually discover this when certain features of BPS's Power Tools go dead (It means that AOL moved the buttons that PT is looking for). That could be the primary source of the problem. They started poking at it about a week ago.

specialk
07-29-2006, 11:41 PM
here's a screenshot:

There's your first mistake, SK. AOL. When I first logged onto HA back in Octember of last year I had all sorts of problems. Turned out it was because I was trying to access it through AOL's client. Once I pinged it via MIE it worked itself out. I've found this true of other forums as well.

Try it direct through MIE or another browser (Not the AOL client) and see if it helps.

PS: Of particular note, AOL is tweaking its system again. I usually discover this when certain features of BPS's Power Tools go dead (It means that AOL moved the buttons that PT is looking for). That could be the primary source of the problem. They started poking at it about a week ago.

B-1.......have been on AOL for yrs. without a hitch, including HA since Jan. 06 no problems.......I'm on IE right now and it does seem "smoother", so I'll stay on IE for the time being as long as it works OK.........THANKS!!!!!

BeardedOne
07-30-2006, 12:37 AM
B-1.......have been on AOL for yrs. without a hitch, including HA since Jan. 06 no problems.......I'm on IE right now and it does seem "smoother", so I'll stay on IE for the time being as long as it works OK.........THANKS!!!!!

NP. It might have a lot to do with their current tweaks. They are gearing up to go free (Spitting in the face of those of us who've spent thousands over the years) in the near future.

flabbybody
07-30-2006, 01:04 AM
I wish I could free myself from AOL. I hate it.

It's like a crutch for people who fear computers (that's me) and can't handle more advanced technology.

NYCe
07-30-2006, 01:07 AM
AOL hates HungAngels.com and I have no idea why.

specialk
07-30-2006, 01:09 AM

Well screw 'em.........I like it here!

BeardedOne
07-30-2006, 01:22 AM

Because, as much of a dick as Steve Case may be, our angel's dicks are =bigger=!

MNYAH! :P

flabbybody
08-05-2006, 01:46 PM
so just when I'm ready to break my AOL addiction, they announce this week they won't charge a monthly service fee anymore, as long as you have a separate internet provider. I guess that would include everyone, who uses dial up anymore?

specialk
08-05-2006, 04:08 PM
so just when I'm ready to break my AOL addiction, they announce this week they won't charge a monthly service fee anymore, as long as you have a separate internet provider. I guess that would include everyone, who uses dial up anymore?

You have that correct flabby :)

BeardedOne
08-05-2006, 08:34 PM

Yah, they were bleeding too many subscribers to freemail that comes attached to cable and DSL services as well as to old thorns like Yahoo and MSN. This at a time when more and more of their income model is from advertising dollars that will follow the subscriber base wherever it goes. Best to 'give the store away', as it is, than to lose the rankings that keep those dollars flowing to AOL.