PDA

View Full Version : GOP Ben Carson - "poison same sex wedding cakes"

TempestTS
01-25-2015, 05:57 PM
Republican Ben Carson ‘jokes’ about poisoning same-sex wedding cakes

http://wwwpinknewscouk.c.presscdn.com/images/2013/03/CRED-ymaryland.png
Douche bag of the day ==> Ben Carson

If a normal person made a comment about poisoning wedding cakes on social media they would be dragged in by the cops inside of 24 hours for making a Terrorist Threat- but this GOP fucktard says it to national media and is running for office and hardly anyone raises an eyebrow

WTF - Seriously - WTF

Read more at http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/01/25/us-republican-ben-carson-jokes-about-poisoning-same-sex-wedding-cakes/

lkn2jo2
01-25-2015, 06:37 PM
But it's OK for you to call him a fucktard. You do know that the media has given the left a pass for six plus years........ Right?
Grow the fuck up.

TempestTS
01-25-2015, 06:53 PM
But it's OK for you to call him a fucktard. You do know that the media has given the left a pass for six plus years........ Right?
Grow the fuck up.

Yes it is - last time I checked nobody died or could even be hurt from being called a "Fucktard"

now let me help you out a little with the use of the term "Fucktard" as you are clearly struggling differentiating between an insult and the violent threatening act of poisoning which can end human life.

If you think its ok for someone running for a political leadership position to advocate or illude to something that could threaten the lives of LGBT individuals - WTF are you doing here

lkn2jo2
01-25-2015, 07:26 PM
Did I say I approve? No, I'm saying stop the hate......grow up.

TempestTS
01-25-2015, 07:46 PM
new member - 3 posts total - two of them in this thread

your a TROLL

Welcome to my ban list - problem solved - you no longer matter

Did I say I approve? No, I'm saying stop the hate......grow up.

Donkey
01-25-2015, 08:14 PM
TempestTS, I take it you didn't actually read the comment. I did. Here's what he said:

"So they can go right down the street and buy a cake, but no, let’s bring a suit against this person because I want them to make my cake even though they don’t believe in it… Which is really not all that smart because they might put poison in that cake.”

After reading the actual comment, it seems to me this is much ado about nothing. Just an opportunity to attack a black man who has decided to step off the plantation.

TempestTS
01-25-2015, 08:20 PM
I think the point you are missing is "Which is really not all that smart because they might put poison in that cake.”

This shows Tacit approval of that type of action - it seems normal to him- for someone possibly running for the highest office in the land - thats scary as fuck

race - nothing to do with any of it

TempestTS, I take it you didn't actually read the comment. I did. Here's what he said:

"So they can go right down the street and buy a cake, but no, let’s bring a suit against this person because I want them to make my cake even though they don’t believe in it… Which is really not all that smart because they might put poison in that cake.”

After reading the actual comment, it seems to me this is much ado about nothing. Just an opportunity to attack a black man who has decided to step off the plantation.

lifeisfiction
01-25-2015, 08:27 PM
Just putting this out there, maybe this topic belongs in the political section. When it comes to politics, the discussion sometimes never ends well.

TempestTS
01-25-2015, 08:34 PM
Just putting this out there, maybe this topic belongs in the political section. When it comes to politics, the discussion sometimes never ends well.

originally posted as a news story - the GOP portion really shouldnt factor into it - its just part of the story - I would have called attention to this story regardless of political affiliation.

All in all people will read politics into it even though his stance is NOT shared by his party as a whole so yeah maybe this should be pushed to the political section

trish
01-25-2015, 09:07 PM

After reading the actual comment, it seems to me this is much ado about nothing. Here's the test: imagine how you'd reply if Obama had said it.

Just an opportunity to attack a black man who has decided to step off the plantation.You can't have it both ways. The statement was unremarkable, or illustrative of "a black man who decided to step off the plantation." Black man stepping off the plantation!! WTF!!! Where did that come from?? Ben Carson's right in step with whole Tea Baggin', Republican Party. That's exactly why he's droppin' these shit bombs. He's wants to your candidate.

TempestTS
01-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Here's the test: imagine how you'd reply if Obama had said it.

If Obama said it Id probably be even more upset and disappointed and wouldnt be shy about my feelings about that....

A douche-bag Politician is a Douche-bag Politician - regardless of party or skin color

Case in point current NC Democratic chair Patsy Keever who called a trans candidate "A Man" to a public assembly --- also qualifies for being a Fucktard in my book http://lexiecannes.com/2015/01/21/trans-candidate-insulted-by-opponent-during-state-democrat-forum/

the number of fucks I could give about skin color can be counted below...

SweetBtmGuyNYC
01-25-2015, 09:59 PM
Republican Ben Carson ‘jokes’ about poisoning same-sex wedding cakes

http://wwwpinknewscouk.c.presscdn.com/images/2013/03/CRED-ymaryland.png
Douche bag of the day ==> Ben Carson

If a normal person made a comment about poisoning wedding cakes on social media they would be dragged in by the cops inside of 24 hours for making a Terrorist Threat- but this GOP fucktard says it to national media and is running for office and hardly anyone raises an eyebrow

WTF - Seriously - WTF

Read more at http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/01/25/us-republican-ben-carson-jokes-about-poisoning-same-sex-wedding-cakes/
It's sad, fucked up, and really just ridiculous that this is the year 2015. But no one would be brought in by the cops for it because it's not a specific threat. The same reason that it doesn't violate free speech.

But, yes, he's a fucktard.

trish
01-25-2015, 10:01 PM
If Obama said it Id probably be even more upset and disappointed and wouldnt be shy about my feelings about that....

Indeed so would I. The point to Donkey was that he'd be all over Obama had made such inane remarks, but he's not all over Carson. Hmmm wonder why?

Yes, Patsey Keever's on my shit list for the reasons you cite; as is Sheldon Silver of NY (see Fred's post http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showpost.php?p=1571644&postcount=49 ) even though I'm a registered democrat and (though I'm not all that familiar with NY State political issues) I probably agree with his notions on school reform (and disagree with Cuomo's).

A douche-bag Politician is a Douche-bag Politician - regardless of party or skin color Amen, sister.

TempestTS
01-25-2015, 10:06 PM
But no one would be brought in by the cops for it because it's not a specific threat. The same reason that it doesn't violate free speech.

No one ??? you mean like this 17 yo kid who used cartoon emoji-cons in a non specific way?

Freedom of speech ?? - not unless your rich and a politician apparently.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/brooklyn-teen-busted-threatening-cops-facebook-article-1.2089216

BBaggins06
01-27-2015, 12:09 PM
No one ??? you mean like this 17 yo kid who used cartoon emoji-cons in a non specific way?

Freedom of speech ?? - not unless your rich and a politician apparently.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/brooklyn-teen-busted-threatening-cops-facebook-article-1.2089216

Posting a cop emoji followed by three gun emojis then saying "N---- run up on me, he gunna get blown down." is pretty darn specific in my book. Freedom of speech is not absolute and I'd liken this to shouting Fire! in a crowded theater.

I'd also advocate arresting Carson as well but all that would do is enhance his standing with the Teabaggers, making him a martyr in their distorted world view.

Skylancer81
01-27-2015, 03:24 PM
I read it as a warning not to try to force someone to do something they do not want to because they might cause you harm. Not as him making a joke, but a warning. Seems like a good suggestion. I always voice my opinion about businesses with my wallet, if I do not like their position on something, I do not shop there.

TempestTS
01-27-2015, 04:44 PM
Posting a cop emoji followed by three gun emojis then saying "N---- run up on me, he gunna get blown down." is pretty darn specific in my book. Freedom of speech is not absolute and I'd liken this to shouting Fire! in a crowded theater.

I'd also advocate arresting Carson as well but all that would do is enhance his standing with the Teabaggers, making him a martyr in their distorted world view.

Its no different than the original revolutionary flag which clearly stated dont tread on me with the image of a snake - still not a specific threat -

in this case a dumb ass 17 yo kid talking shit and your comparision to yelling fire in a crowded theater is invalid - he didnt say or distribute that statment to a room crowded with cops - he mouthed off on facebook ...

Im not saying the Kid isnt a moron for trying to act like a thug in a public way but its not against the law

Likewise I dont call for the Ben Carson to be arrested but I think its despicable for a potential leader to infer that it seems reasonable that someone may poison a cake of someone they disagree with. My problem is his thought process or lack there of...

http://www.usflag.org/historical/gadsden.gif

wearboots4me
01-27-2015, 05:37 PM
I think Carson knows what he's doing. He is riling up simple minded people in the hope one of them is crazy enough to do it. It's called "Stochastic Terrorism".

giovanni_hotel
01-27-2015, 06:29 PM

Assuming that Black Americans exist on this metaphorical 'plantation' is the HEIGHT of racism, and probably why it's one of the GOP's favorite catch phrases.

The overwhelming number of people who receive gratis federal aid and sweetheart government contracts are WHITE PEOPLE, and I'm not just talking about welfare.

So which group is really suckling at Uncle Sam's tits but calling everyone else freeloaders??

Ben Carson is a nutcase, which is sad to say because his personal story so incredible.

He's a bigoted, closeminded, backwards thinking, Conservative showdog who will only get to the WH if he stands in line as a tourist.

fred41
01-28-2015, 02:04 AM
in this case a dumb ass 17 yo kid talking shit and your comparision to yelling fire in a crowded theater is invalid - he didnt say or distribute that statment to a room crowded with cops - he mouthed off on facebook ...

Im not saying the Kid isnt a moron for trying to act like a thug in a public way but its not against the law

[/URL]

I don't know the time frame...but according to the cited news article, he also posted a pic with him having a handgun in his waist band. I would definitely say that makes it different.

T'amore
01-28-2015, 02:16 AM
Grow the fuck up.
...the media has given the left a pass for six plus years!!!!???? maybe on planet fox and in the minds of closet fascists (you'll know, I don't)…you seem the child resorting to schoolyard lying, bullying, and gutter name calling…your comment shows you don't even know what "left" is…please note I am calling you ignorant based on your statement and am not calling you an idiot

TempestTS
01-28-2015, 03:02 AM
I don't know the time frame...but according to the cited news article, he also posted a pic with him having a handgun in his waist band. I would definitely say that makes it different.

Not a fan of guns but we do have a right to keep and bear arms do we not - simply owning a gun or having a photo with one is not a crime - and just because he had a pic on the same facebook page as his post is irrelevant - kid is acting like I thug which I personally dont like in the least but he has the right to be an asshat just like Ben Carson has the "right" to say what he said - what I criticize is "Should he have" as someone running for office - so Im using My right to say he's a douche bag for saying it but Im Not calling for his arrest.

fred41
01-28-2015, 03:56 AM
Not a fan of guns but we do have a right to keep and bear arms do we not - simply owning a gun or having a photo with one is not a crime - and just because he had a pic on the same facebook page as his post is irrelevant - kid is acting like I thug which I personally dont like in the least but he has the right to be an asshat just like Ben Carson has the "right" to say what he said - what I criticize is "Should he have" as someone running for office - so Im using My right to say he's a douche bag for saying it but Im Not calling for his arrest.

The right to bear arms is separate from the right to bear concealable handguns...
he lives in N.Y.C, which makes it very, very hard (almost impossible) to own a handgun, especially given his age...so his post is not irrelevant.
...Listen, I don't like what Carson said either, I just think you're way off on using this kid as an example for comparison of freedom of speech..

TempestTS
01-28-2015, 04:46 AM
The right to bear arms is separate from the right to bear concealable handguns...
he lives in N.Y.C, which makes it very, very hard (almost impossible) to own a handgun, especially given his age...so his post is not irrelevant.
...Listen, I don't like what Carson said either, I just think you're way off on using this kid as an example for comparison of freedom of speech..

So your saying he was concealing it ? how was it seen in the photo then? and you cant tell who the owner of anything is from a photo.

And was he out in public or in the privacy of his own home where last time I checked you cant conceal a weapon from anyone other than yourself. Was the photo even taken in NYC - how would you know? To arrest someone you have to have reasonable grounds to suspect that a crime is being commited - in a court room this would be tossed out as circumstantial evidence unless the surrounding facts can be substantiated.

The point is a member of the NRA can post a photo of them marching down a public street - talk about how they will have to pry the gun from their cold dead hands - and not face being arrested because those are protected rights - this kid does less than that and is arrested - now THAT is fucked up and why Im using it as an example.

Once again I stand that both the dumb ass kid and Ben Carson have the same right to say what they say - that not in dispute.

I also think that both of them are fucktards for doing so which is what I was calling Ben Carson out about in the first place and still stand by.

TempestTS
01-28-2015, 04:48 AM
The right .... .

BTW I see this a just a debate and dont take offense to you or your opinion I just contest the validity of your argument

Ben in LA
01-28-2015, 11:29 AM
He's just pandering to his base...