PDA

View Full Version : Man who attacked Transgender woman detained

rodinuk
01-14-2015, 04:38 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-30797311

JenniferParisHusband
01-14-2015, 05:29 AM
20 months is too good for the little bastard. I hope he gets trained to be a bottom while he's spending his time away.

fred41
01-14-2015, 05:46 AM
I was surprised ...but in a pleasant way...
When this thread said 'detained'...in a criminal context, here in the States, that usually means 'held' - for questioning,for bail,...etc.
When I read "sentenced"..and the Judge's statements regarding defendants actions upon the victim...My first thought was that maybe folks are finally starting to 'get it'.
I haven't yet been able to find anything more on this particular issue using search engines, but thanks for the article Rodinuk.

flabbybody
01-14-2015, 08:20 AM
we've made progress. It wasn't all that long ago that official criminal records referenced trans people by their birth gender as opposed to their chosen one.

rodinuk
01-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Here it's the difference between going to prison i.e. being jailed in a prison and being held/detained in a young offender's institution or suchlike. It's an abbreviated form of the legalese detained at Her Majesty's pleasure.

...When this thread said 'detained'...in a criminal context, here in the States, that usually means 'held' - for questioning,for bail,...etc.