PDA

View Full Version : Captain Outrageous

Donkey
01-07-2015, 01:43 AM
Whatever happened to the ladyboy photographer in Thailand who went by the name Captain Outrageous? For years he put out a ton of content and then just seemed to disappear from the scene...

nevada64
01-07-2015, 02:31 AM
I've often wondered that myself.

LovinThaTSLadiez
01-07-2015, 05:52 AM
That's a good question.

GroobySteven
01-07-2015, 11:49 AM
I knew the Capt. quite well in the olden days (early 2000's) - he used to shoot for our Ladyboy-Ladyboy and get a lot of quality girls from the University. A very nice, English older gent - he pissed me off when I found he was double shooting with my money to get enough content to launch his own site but I guess that's business.

As he was older when he was shooting for us (in 2001 I was 31 and I'd have to place him at close to 60 at the time), then I'd say he's around the 70 mark now - and as he was working in Thailand, either retired and went back to the UK or retired in Thailand.

Making a site work as a solo operator and without much marketing skills has been near impossible for a good few years.

jodahunta
01-08-2015, 05:02 PM
As Steven rightly says he is a very nice English gent .. albeit still a few years short of 70 .. but not yet retired and still living in Thailand.
I have known him well for a number of years and we sometimes have dinner when I am in Bangkok.
He is a free-lance journalist, writer and photographer who has published several books combining travel, history and architecture. He is currently hard at work on a new book project. He also carries out photographic missions on major construction and commercial projects that take him around Asia and South America.
With regard to Captain Outrageous Steven has essentially hit the nail on the head. What began as a hobby that brought much pleasure to himself and others was both time-consuming and of little economic interest and had to be laid aside to allow him to concentrate on writing projects and photographic missions.

Donkey
01-09-2015, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the info, gents. I miss his ladyboy work. He brought a lot of fresh, young ladyboys to the scene that we likely would have never been introduced to otherwise.

bearfactz
11-03-2017, 11:50 PM
Apologies GroobySteven, now I know it won't happen again.