PDA

View Full Version : Possible crossdressing in Spiderwoman #5 (Comic)

BillyTheDick
01-04-2015, 03:04 AM
Hiya

It's not often that we see CDing in modern popculture. Just saw the preview for Spiderwoman #5 in March - looks like a CD is running for her safety.

I know, it's just fiction, but it's rare and like the art (and her legs) :dancing: Am I the only one who's looking forward to it? I pointed it out to the CBR forum (the one and only comic forum) but they were just discussing about Spiderwoman's costume :geek:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2015/01/exclusive-preview-a-new-look-at-jessica-drews-costume-in-spider-woman-5/

up_for_it
01-04-2015, 07:31 PM
This is really intriguing, although I'm not entirely sure its a cross dresser. What indicates that she is, other than the short hair and choice of pink heels? It would be cool if it were, as it would not only be another sign that mainstream society is coming around to the idea of a third sex, but maybe take the narrative off in an interesting new direction, with a transgendered super hero. Thanks for posting this.

BillyTheDick
01-04-2015, 11:12 PM
This is really intriguing, although I'm not entirely sure its a cross dresser. What indicates that she is, other than the short hair and choice of pink heels? It would be cool if it were, as it would not only be another sign that mainstream society is coming around to the idea of a third sex, but maybe take the narrative off in an interesting new direction, with a transgendered super hero. Thanks for posting this.

Thanks for your reply. My indication was the face, looks like a young man. Maybe I could be wrong, but my radar told me so :)

Ecstatic
01-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Batgirl introduced a transgender character over a year ago, nicely written by Gail Simone who has unfortunately left that comic in the hands of another writer it seems. And of course Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman both prominently featured transgendered characters in The Invisibles and Sandman, respectively, in the mid-90s.