PDA

View Full Version : A sobering read : Trans teen commit suicide

GroobySteven
12-30-2014, 05:12 PM
http://groobypost.com/transgender-teen-commits-suicide-cites-christian-parents-in-blog.html

After years of abuse and rejection from strict Christian parents, an Ohio transgender teen commits suicide by stepping in front of a moving tractor trailer truck.
Leelah Alcorn, also known as Joshua Alcorn, was struck and killed (http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2014/12/28/boy-killed-by-truck-on-71/20968865/) by a passing semitrailer on southbound Interstate 71 in Union Township Sunday morning. The tragic event appears not to have been an accident, but a suicide.
On her blog at Tumblr, Leelah left a poignant suicide note (http://lazerprincess.tumblr.com/post/106447705738/suicide-note), detailing a life of pain and rejection, a life dominated by Christian parents who refused to understand, or simply could not understand, that their precious child was a female trapped in the body of a male.

Read more: http://groobypost.com/transgender-teen-commits-suicide-cites-christian-parents-in-blog.html

omnifarious
12-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Wow, so sad. Another victim of ignorance.

Nikka
12-30-2014, 06:21 PM
I am planning myself to sue the church where I was raised when I was a kid, all those preachers are full of shit and ignorance

Ecstatic
12-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Tragic, I hate reading these news reports. But maybe some more people will wake up.

christianxxx
12-30-2014, 06:52 PM
the fact that anyone thinks suicide is the answer is beyond me. she only had to wait until she was 18! it was so close. so sad

Jack8941
12-30-2014, 07:19 PM
RIP society has to change and accept the 3rd sex!

omnifarious
12-30-2014, 07:20 PM
the fact that anyone thinks suicide is the answer is beyond me. she only had to wait until she was 18! it was so close. so sad

It's not so easy when you're made to feel like shit by everyone around you on a daily basis. Also, she mentioned not desiring to wait that long because she percieved the damage caused by testosterone would have done to her body by that time would be too extensive for her to cope.

AshlynCreamher
12-30-2014, 07:25 PM
This story breaks my heart

up_for_it
12-30-2014, 07:32 PM
Terrible, how many more of these wake up calls will society ignore before real change and acceptance comes?

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-30-2014, 07:56 PM
(Looking at the old knife scar on my wrist.)

Hi everyone,

Christian parents and the mainstream society can be cruel and unfair, yes.
What really doesn't help is how utterly nasty other TGs can be to each
other - that's a real wake-up-call.

Babe,
xoxo

Nikka
12-30-2014, 08:53 PM

doesn't work like that christian, is not easy when u r raised under the story of the bible and they keep telling u on a daily basis that u r going to hell, when hell DO exist in your mind if they teach you that since u r a child

also I never been in the states but I believe Ohio is not L.A. or NYC , so is the same closed mind story as any country in the world, even Brazil (where people think everyone is open minded, they r not) ... so....

omnifarious
12-31-2014, 12:26 AM
Christian parents and the mainstream society can be cruel and unfair, yes.
What really doesn't help is how utterly nasty other TGs can be to each
other - that's a real wake-up-call.

Babe,
xoxo

Oh, I definitely know where you're coming from. Sad indeed.

Plaything
12-31-2014, 12:39 AM
RIP sweetheart.

'Not everyone can carry the weight of the world'

dreamon
12-31-2014, 01:51 AM
One of the worst parts is her mother's Facebook post about her death:

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-12/30/13/enhanced/webdr10/enhanced-3841-1419965861-3.png

AshlynCreamher
12-31-2014, 02:08 AM
She sounds like a self absorbed cunt

omnifarious
12-31-2014, 02:18 AM
One of the worst parts is her mother's Facebook post about her death:

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-12/30/13/enhanced/webdr10/enhanced-3841-1419965861-3.png

*shakes head*

"A man with a conviction is a hard man to change."

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-31-2014, 02:32 AM
Oh, I definitely know where you're coming from. Sad indeed.

Hi omnifarious

Yea, if that doesn't hurt enough, then, to add to some pretty T-girls' world of misery is that there are admins of certain t-girl forum sites who use the password of the girl's forum account to hack into her photobucket account to try to steal any identity information and change her password.
That is another really despicable thing about the TG world - the hatred, contempt, jealously and bullying comes from too many places, and then, BANG!! there's blood on the wall and a dead t-girl on the floor. Shame on the rotten, low-life, scum of the earth, worthless, waste of skin, waste of air, empty-hearted, dumb ass comment maker, self-important, self-absorbed, shit-for-brains, lack of self respect and any respect for other's privacy, no-life, filthy PIG.

Life is full of that sort.

Babe,
xoxo

Jericho
12-31-2014, 03:08 AM
No thoughts for the poor bastard driving the truck then?

dreamon
12-31-2014, 03:44 AM
She sounds like a self absorbed cunt

Hi Ashlyn, I thumbed you down before realizing you were referring to the mother. My apologies. Couldn't agree more.

bimale69
12-31-2014, 04:20 AM

Hard to say...what angered me is the ignorance displayed by the kid's mother...I realize she is grieving, but if she acted in a rejectful way toward her transgender child, then she does deserve blame for contributing towards that child's despair. It's sickening when I hear of parents rejecting, disowning, abusing, or throwing their kid out into street just because he or she came out as transgender or gay(and I still stand on my belief that any parent who throws their under-18 child out into the street for any reason should be charged for criminal negligence and/or endangering the welfare of a child, or abuse of a child, and punished severely).

fred41
12-31-2014, 05:27 AM

yeah,....I thought about this too. This guy could now be totally fucked up in the head and yet he doesn't have anything to do with the family drama.
It's truly sad when people kill themselves...and when they do, I'm sure the first thing on their minds isn't about repercussions...but...it's only that much worse when you drag other victims into it.
Sad all around.

hairyguy
12-31-2014, 06:13 AM
It's not so easy when you're made to feel like shit by everyone around you on a daily basis. Also, she mentioned not desiring to wait that long because she percieved the damage caused by testosterone would have done to her body by that time would be too extensive for her to cope.

that's exactly it. as an adult, we understand that time does indeed move and everything is transitory. teenagers can only see today and rarely if ever beyond the day. an average teen anyhow.

she died a hero and didn't live long enough to become the villian. the villian being society that she quotes in the suicide statement.

crystalsopen
12-31-2014, 07:11 AM

It is really sad. I didn't know her, but for a person who has only been alive 17 years, who has been living with, supported by and told about the world by their parents, it is hard for them to see the possibilities for a trans person in the 21st century. Particularly, if she doesn't have a support structure. Our parents are usually the model for how kids think adults are in private, so she may have thought no one would have accepted her. That was one of my big fears before coming out and transitioning. Life isn't easy for a trans person, especially if she thinks she is alone. If her parents would have let her go to a trans support group, she would likely still be alive.

crystalsopen
12-31-2014, 07:19 AM
that's exactly it. as an adult, we understand that time does indeed move and everything is transitory. teenagers can only see today and rarely if ever beyond the day. an average teen anyhow.

she died a hero and didn't live long enough to become the villian. the villian being society that she quotes in the suicide statement.

She died a victim of shitty parenting. :sadcry
Society is not a villain. Its a collection of people so used to being fed bullshit, they forget what the truth taste like.

GroobySteven
12-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Hi omnifarious

Yea, if that doesn't hurt enough, then, to add to some pretty T-girls' world of misery is that there are admins of certain t-girl forum sites who use the password of the girl's forum account to hack into her photobucket account to try to steal any identity information and change her password.
That is another really despicable thing about the TG world - the hatred, contempt, jealously and bullying comes from too many places, and then, BANG!! there's blood on the wall and a dead t-girl on the floor. Shame on the rotten, low-life, scum of the earth, worthless, waste of skin, waste of air, empty-hearted, dumb ass comment maker, self-important, self-absorbed, shit-for-brains, lack of self respect and any respect for other's privacy, no-life, filthy PIG.

Life is full of that sort.

Babe,
xoxo

Don't hijack this very serious thread with your trolling please. This thread is not about YOU.

Veal Cutlet
12-31-2014, 02:52 PM
I read the whole story and it's so sad, I just wish she could have reached out to someone. It must suck feeling hopeless. May she rest in peace.

Although her parents may have made huge mistakes and definitely share some of the blame for the death of their child due to their parental bullying. But in their ignorance I believe they loved her. Now they must deal with the reality of their failure as parents with the blood of their child on their hands.

apollo1130
12-31-2014, 07:09 PM
We need to do better, heartbreaking.

sassygirl
12-31-2014, 08:12 PM
Teen suicide has been a problem since time began, for many reasons from acne to boyfriends or girlfriends to bullying. it is sad no matter what the cause, to blame parents for their religious beliefs just enflames hatred. the parents may indeed be guilty on some level , by not getting their child the proper counseling or medication, but we don't need to blame religion. many trans people only make it because of Faith. Change will take time you can't cram it down someones throat and think they will swallow it. ( that is a nice thought though) my Prayers go to the Family because no matter what people say, how could they not have loved their Child. Perhaps the system Failed.

GroobySteven
12-31-2014, 09:23 PM
Teen suicide has been a problem since time began, for many reasons from acne to boyfriends or girlfriends to bullying. it is sad no matter what the cause, to blame parents for their religious beliefs just enflames hatred. the parents may indeed be guilty on some level , by not getting their child the proper counseling or medication, but we don't need to blame religion. many trans people only make it because of Faith. Change will take time you can't cram it down someones throat and think they will swallow it. ( that is a nice thought though) my Prayers go to the Family because no matter what people say, how could they not have loved their Child. Perhaps the system Failed.

Bullshit. Religion IS the system in this case where this families indoctrines refused to allow them to see past the fact that their "son" was different. They refuse to take science into account and listen to some religious quacks. Don't give me the crap that it's the system, it's been shown time and time again that religious people are the last tolerant of others.

dreamon
12-31-2014, 10:10 PM
Bullshit. Religion IS the system in this case where this families indoctrines refused to allow them to see past the fact that their "son" was different. They refuse to take science into account and listen to some religious quacks. Don't give me the crap that it's the system, it's been shown time and time again that religious people are the last tolerant of others.

There are plenty of ignorant and bigoted people who aren't religious.

For example... Adolf Hitler was not particularly religious, and by many accounts was anti-religious (not just Judaism, but also Christianity).

GroobySteven
12-31-2014, 10:15 PM
There are plenty of ignorant and bigoted people who aren't religious.

For example... Adolf Hitler was not particularly religious, and by many accounts was anti-religious (not just Judaism, but also Christianity).

Oh for fucks sake, seriously did you just type that?

Of course there are - but in this case, it was her parents religious beliefs that was the factor, and there are far more issues with religious intolerance than those who are not religious.

dreamon
12-31-2014, 11:42 PM
Oh for fucks sake, seriously did you just type that?

Of course there are - but in this case, it was her parents religious beliefs that was the factor, and there are far more issues with religious intolerance than those who are not religious.

People are going to be ignorant regardless. Even if religion had never existed, do you believe that people as ignorant and hateful as this young woman's parents would have been accepting of her?

GroobySteven
12-31-2014, 11:45 PM
People are going to be ignorant regardless. Even if religion had never existed, do you believe that people as ignorant and hateful as this young woman's parents would have been accepting of her?

Yes, I do. Because they wouldn't have had dogma's telling them otherwise. Do you think these people were born this ignorant? They were hateful to whom she was because of religion.

dreamon
01-01-2015, 01:18 AM
Do you think these people were born this ignorant?

Yes. You'd be amazed at how incredibly stupid some people are.

wearboots4me
01-01-2015, 01:20 AM
Rest In Peace.

CORVETTEDUDE
01-01-2015, 02:02 AM
http://www.vox.com/2014/12/31/7474389/leelah-alcorn-twitter

A transgender teen's apparent suicide has triggered national outcry from the trans community and LGBT advocates, who are outraged that the 17-year-old reportedly killed herself because her parents rejected her gender identity.
Leelah Alcorn, who lived in Ohio, died on Sunday after being struck by a tractor-trailer, USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/12/30/transgender-teen-death-means-something/21059923/) reported.
Prior to her suicide, Alcorn wrote on Tumblr (http://lazerprincess.tumblr.com/post/106447705738/suicide-note) that she felt alone when her parents demanded she act like a "perfect little straight Christian boy."
"Please don't be sad, it's for the better. The life I would've lived isn't worth living in… because I'm transgender," Alcorn wrote. "To put it simply, I feel like a girl trapped in a boy's body, and I've felt that way ever since I was 4. I never knew there was a word for that feeling, nor was it possible for a boy to become a girl, so I never told anyone and I just continued to do traditionally 'boyish' things to try to fit in."
She added, "The only way I will rest in peace is if one day transgender people aren't treated the way I was, they're treated like humans, with valid feelings and human rights."
Alcorn's suicide — and the huge rates of suicide among the trans community in general — quickly triggered an outcry from LGBT advocates and trans people around the country. Many used the #RealLifeTransAdult (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RealLifeTransAdult%20&src=typd) hashtag on Twitter to share their stories. Here are some of those tweets.

bimale69
01-01-2015, 02:30 AM
She died a victim of shitty parenting. :sadcry
Society is not a villain. Its a collection of people so used to being fed bullshit, they forget what the truth taste like.

True, though it gets my anger cranked up when I hear of parents subjecting their kids to abuse and rejection just because they don't turn out completely straight. If anything, parents are too ignorant of the fear their child has to face with coming out or getting outed, and having to deal with the ignorance and hate from people.

And yes I know of that fear myself because I had to face it when I came out to my own family about my orientation. Fortunately I have an accepting family(for the most part), but it saddens and angers me when I see others getting treated like shit just for being born different.

runningdownthatdream
01-01-2015, 03:42 AM
Don't hijack this very serious thread with your trolling please. This thread is not about YOU.

Thanks - you beat me to it! This chick is like that uninvited stranger who shows up to your house and starts dispensing advice, showering you with their phobias, and shotgun blasting their opinions all over and doing it all in a REALLY LOUD VOICE. No manners whatsoever.

runningdownthatdream
01-01-2015, 03:48 AM

Please realize your Faith and Prayers is precisely the problem. The 'system' is just an extension of that.

Jimmy W
01-01-2015, 04:02 AM
None of us know what that poor child was thinking. I suppose it was the culmination of many things and not likely one horror that will prove that what I am against or what you are against is the reason. Let's agree that it's tragic she never found a safe haven and that she has finally found comfort and is in a better place.

runningdownthatdream
01-01-2015, 04:12 AM
None of us know what that poor child was thinking. I suppose it was the culmination of many things and not likely one horror that will prove that what I am against or what you are against is the reason. Let's agree that it's tragic she never found a safe haven and that she has finally found comfort and is in a better place.

What better place would that be? Up in the nether seated beside Jesus and the lamb and the lion? What a trite meaningless thing to say and yet exactly the sort of thing the religious zealots spout off. We need expand our minds and let go of this nonsense - the hard truth is a kid felt so isolated, she walked in front of a truck.

maxpower
01-01-2015, 05:12 AM
There's already another that's been going about this. Maybe a mod can merge them.

Jimmy W
01-01-2015, 05:42 AM
Really? You call what I wrote "trite and meaningless" and you respond with "We need to expand our minds?" I never mentioned Jesus or Heaven or a lamb or lion. I only suggested comfort for this child in death. Did you even read my post you stupid fuck or did you cum so fast in an effort to find someone to shit on so you could find an excuse to be a bigger part of this tragedy? You have contributed nothing good to this story and if you want to attack religious zealots, you are wasting your piss poor ammunition.

JenniferParisHusband
01-01-2015, 09:34 AM
There is no way to actually have an honest and open dialogue about this tragic event without someone taking offense (also part of the larger problem). So I will just say this. I live about 5 miles from the family, I don't know them, although I'm sure I've seen them around Lebanon & Kings Mills. I can't say that I have ever seen the "evil" people that they are being made out to be. No matter what the disagreements were with Leelah & her family, and no matter what anyone here thinks of the family, every human life matters, and no one deserves to lose a child. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. I don't think that her parents understood Leelah, but I am sure they loved her. Yes, prayers. My Christian faith does not include hate, intolerance, bigotry, and ignorance. Religion and faith aren't to blame, ignorance, intolerance, bigotry and hate are. Those things are not as intertwined as people are making them out to be. It's only when they get coopted by people with an agenda that they are twisted together.

My thoughts and prayers also go out to the driver of the truck. Some people on here make it seem like he was aiming for the kid. Suicide is a selfish act, made even more selfish by the fact that she took her life by forcing another person do the act for her. That poor guy didn't want to hit her. I'm sure he is very messed up by this right now.

I hope her death does cause change, and that there is more acceptance, understanding, and support for transgender people. I don't think it will, but I do hope for it. It is clear that her life was not a happy one, and that she didn't see a future for herself. In the end, I just hope she is at peace.

CORVETTEDUDE
01-01-2015, 08:29 PM
I can't but maybe Seanchai can!!

crystalsopen
01-01-2015, 09:14 PM
True, though it gets my anger cranked up when I hear of parents subjecting their kids to abuse and rejection just because they don't turn out completely straight. If anything, parents are too ignorant of the fear their child has to face with coming out or getting outed, and having to deal with the ignorance and hate from people.

And yes I know of that fear myself because I had to face it when I came out to my own family about my orientation. Fortunately I have an accepting family(for the most part), but it saddens and angers me when I see others getting treated like shit just for being born different.

Thanks!
I'm glad it worked out for you when you came out.

bimale69
01-02-2015, 05:08 AM

Maybe you haven't experienced what it's like to have your parents rejecting you and trying to force a "conversion therapy" program on you , everyone around you treating you like shit because of being Transgender? And all you can say is she should waiting until she's 18??? That's pretty fucking ignorant, dude.