PDA

View Full Version : "My testicles bang around way too much!"

White_Male_Canada
07-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Agony and ecstasy: sex advice from Dr Thomas Stuttaford and Suzi Godson

Q: I'm 45 and my scrotum has become extremely droopy. When I make love my testicles bang around way too much. Is there any way to tighten them?

Dr Thomas Stuttaford

Even though yours is not an unusual worry — many men are concerned about the appearance of their testes and how they hang — testicles are in fact robust. They stand up to a carefully aimed football boot or squashing during intercourse. As small boys, the scrotum and testes, are small but, unless they are very cold, the testes hang low.

In adolescence the testes grow larger until they reach their adult size. On average this is two inches, by an inch and a half, by three quarters of an inch (5cm x 4cm x 2cm) — the size of a greengage. There is considerable variation in testicular size within the normal range. At the genito-urinary medical clinic where I worked we had a splendid necklace of carved hardwood testes that could be used for comparison with those of the patients and an accurate estimate of their normality could be made. The consistency of the testes is as important as its size. If the testes becomes unusually squidgy this may indicate that its function is failing.

The scrotum has two functions. It is a bag, divided internally down the middle so that there is a separate pocket for each testis and the left testis usually hangs lower. The scrotum supports the testes outside the body, this enables the testes to be at a lower temperature than they would be if they were contained within the abdomen. If they were intra-abdominal their temperature would be higher and fertility lost.

The other role of the scrotum is to house the dartos muscle. The dartos muscle is a thin layer of muscle that is closely united to the scrotal skin and as such surrounds the entire scrotal sac before being continued into the groin and the perineum between the penis and the anus. The dartos muscle contracts in cold weather and during sexual excitement. The relaxation and contraction of the dartos muscle therefore controls the distance the testes hang from the body and their temperature. The dartos muscle in this way has an important role in maintaining fertility.

It is thought that contraction of the dartos muscle when sexually excited, so that the testes are drawn upwards, helps to prevent the problem that is troubling you. By having them tucked up out of the way they are less likely to be knocked during intercourse, and it saves them from being squashed between your partner and your pubic bone when she is on top.

With age the dartos muscle, like all the body’s other muscles, becomes less strong. As a result the scrotum then becomes elongated and flaccid. Once again the man is usually unnecessarily worried, it is a sign of age or too warm a bedroom.

The only significant difficulty a man has with low-hanging testes is when they have sex in one of the woman-on-top positions. What to do about it? During ordinary rough-and-tumble sex a modified rugby football player’s jock strap will keep testes out of the way if you are seriously concerned. When in the male inferior positions the testes should be tucked between your thighs and protected in this way.

It may be that your only trouble is that you have larger testes than average so that the dartos muscle is not strong enough to keep them neatly tucked away during intercourse. A word of reassurance about this. One of the surprises of life in the clinic was the discovery that many women find testes attractive, while most men think that women only notice penises...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8123-2278714,00.html

werwt22
07-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Lmao. that's so funny, b/c sometimes mine droop too and they flail all around while I'm "gettin down" and sometimes it hurts. lol The price u pay for Big Balls.
=(

ezed
07-26-2006, 05:52 AM
One draw back of drooping testies....cats love swating at them with claws exposed, usually ending in the cat using up one of their nine lives.

dav1313
07-28-2006, 04:22 AM
Is squidgy a medical term?