PDA

View Full Version : Hello. I am new here.

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Hi everybody,

Well, i have arrived after much thought. I am, Babe, by the way.

Wasn't sure if i should register but i did anyway. Not very sure how i feel about that, right now. No worries, though, because by tomorrow, when i wake up, i will have changed my mind and will be happy i registered (i hope).

Yes, i was born and raised in Montreal (for the most part).
So, yes, i do speak French to some degree. English is my mother tongue, however. And i can string a few sentences together in Italian and Mandarin but i am far better in German where i can string together more than a few mere sentences.

To look at me, would you believe that i am, more or less, an Italian/Irish, or better still, an Irish/Italian? Hmm. Does it matter? Nahhh! Who cares.

I tend to write long posts when i have something to say, so i hope people like to read a little bit. If not, please do not read what i write only to complain about it. Move on to what you like to read. I don't want to bother anyone and by the same token, i don't want people bothering me.

I am not a pic dispenser. So i hope you enjoy what little of myself i do post.

I have a long life story, as do most people, i think.
My life has been a real adventure, so far. I'm not sure how far i will get but i am hopeful - i've made it THIS far, so i'll keep my fingers crossed (maybe you can all cross yours for me, as well). I wish nothing but the best for everyone.

I don't swear, and i will not/can not, engage in any sort of insult-fest, it's just not my type of activity. I just don't respond to that type of....bad attitude.
If i want bad attitude and lots of insults, i can simply visit my family, right?!
I am not here to fight or argue or even debate if it's heated.
I am here, mostly, to be noticed; here to flirt; here to entertain; here to learn from others; here to have fun; here to express myself - i hope all of that is okay, in here.

If i don't like things that others have written, i will not respond negatively.
I will never feel as though i have the right to insult you or your beliefs.
Be who you are!
Just, please, try to be polite when dealing with me - i've had enough crap to last into my next life.
I am a good-natured girl in spite of the fact that it's been a bumpy road for me.
It seems the unloved and the unwanted can be the best of people, sometimes. They seem to know what it's like to not be appreciated and so, they can appreciate when someone needs to be appreciated.

I have a bad habit of editing my posts because i press enter too quickly and see the errors and typos later, which i have to correct.

Okay, i do need sleep, it's late for me.
Signing up here was a last minute decision. I hope it was a good decision to have made.

See you in the funny pages.

Babe
xoxo,

Jamie French
12-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Uhhh...

darkrose2000
12-01-2014, 06:34 PM
:grouphug

Welcome around... :)

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Hi darkrose,

Thank you for the welcome.

Babe,
xoxo

tao1kiku
12-02-2014, 02:28 AM
Welcome to HA. Nice to see another Canadian here!

Jimmy W
12-02-2014, 02:51 AM
Ummm, no reason to be shy. tell us everything about yourself

Capricornblue
12-02-2014, 02:58 AM
Welcome and glad you are here!

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Welcome to HA. Nice to see another Canadian here!
Good morning tao1kiku,

Thank you very much for your warm welcome.

I can only assume that you are of Asian descent with a username like, tao 1 kiku. I am sort of learning how to speak Mandarin with the Pimsleur method but it's a long slow process.

I see you are in T.O.. I used to live in the Annex for 2.5 years. I hope you wrote Toronto as Toronto proper instead of living in the outskirts and simply writing Toronto because nobody knows where your obscure little town is lol. Many people do that, eh?...they live in, say Ajax, and they write "Toronto" in their profile because Toronto is world-known while Ajax, to most people, is what's used to clean a sink in the restroom.

I haven't been back to T.O. for years. I should go back for a visit as i have much family scattered all over there (i don't mean their cremated ashes).
You know how it is when you haven't seen family with whom you never really had any close ties - i'd feel like a stranger expecting a meal or something lol.

The new law prostitution law in Canada is really scaring many gentlemen back into their (shudders) wives' beds again - those poor lads.
How are you coping with any of that stress? Feeling squeamish, at all, with the hobby as of late?
I hope not (wink wink) (nudge nudge).

Keep in touch,
Babe,
xoxo

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Ummm, no reason to be shy. tell us everything about yourself

Good morning Jimmy W,

Thank you for your acknowledgment of my presence on the board.
A "Welcome to the board " would have been a nice addition to your post - there's still time, don't worry.

Hmm, you know?...already i am thinking that maybe you are trying to be...uhm...funny?... by suggesting not to be shy and tell everything about myself.
Maybe, i've written too much information already?
I can be such a blabbermouth lol.

Well, maybe online, i could be called, "blabberfingers" instead of blabbermouth because i am not using my, red, thick, kissable, suckable, dick-insertable lips to type any of this.
Oh ex-squeeze me if i am putting erotic ideas into your innocent, unsuspecting head - i tend to do that in the presence of gentlemen.

I can hardly wait for your response because...well, just because.

Babe,
xoxo

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Welcome and glad you are here!

Good morning Capricornblue,

Thank you for your nice welcome.

As one other member has written, "No reason to be shy. Tell us everything about yourself."

Come onnnn, tickle tickle, you can do it.

Let me guess...you are a...hmm lemme see now...a Capricorn, AND, you worked as a Blueman. RIGHT? Am i right?
Nono, wait, wait. You are a Capricorn who likes to listen to the blues.

Oh! Oh! Wait! Wait! I got it!
You are a Capricorn who PLAYS the blues.

Blue eyes? I have blue eyes.

Geez, i hope the blue in your name does not mean blue balls :( . If it is, there's no need to worry - i know how to make your balls return back to their natural skin color.
OMG!! :jawdrop where am i going with all of this?!

Let me know, okay.

Babe
xoxo

Laphroaig
12-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Babe, nice to see someone with a sense of humour. I think I'm going to enjoy reading your posts... :)

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Guid mornin' Laphroaig,

Ta fur yer fàilte 'n' fur yer crakin' compliment regarding mah sense o' humor.

I hawp ye gilravage mah posts.

Okay, noo laddy. Dae tell me whit th' heck yer username means in sassenach.
Looks lik' th' name o' a distillery.
Urr ye blootert, laddy?

Not bad, eh?

Babe,
xoxo

Laphroaig
12-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Aye, nae a bad effort lassie ah'll gie yae 8/10 fur that but ah think ya'r gonnae need mair lessons. ;-)
Aye, Laphoaig is indeed a whisky and a fine one at that and naw I'm no pished....yet.

Now whit aboot a little Canadian from you...

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Hi Laphroaig,

Wow! 8/10 is pretty good.

Lessons?
I am such a good student. I always do what the teacher says to do. Call me a teacher's pet, if you want, i don't care. Just pet me.

I am great at dick-tation, too.
I always "take down" what the boss says.

Babe,
xoxo

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Dear gods,

For how many days (or minutes) are people allowed to edit their posts?
I want to correct something in a post i just posted and the "EDIT" option is no longer available. I'm like, "Huh?"

Crap! I'm going to go utterly kookoo if i can't correct my typos.

Here's me looking at typos i can not correct. --> :crazy and :cry and :(

Babe,
xoxo

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-02-2014, 07:50 PM
...Now whit aboot a little Canadian from you...

You know i have no idea where the world ever got the impression that Canadians say "aboot" instead of "about". It must be because of those darned Newfies.
They says all sorts of strange things over theres.

As for my part of the country...
Here is a little example of how many French people from Quebec sound when they speak English.
Remember, you only have to sound out the words in English as they appear.
Just imagine a Francophone speaking.

Hiff yu' wan', eye kan yuse ma (fake) Frensh ax-ant to give h'it to yu' an h'idea of 'ow men-ee pee-pull, ear in Québec, speek wen day speek da henglish.
Day 'ave a vay'ee fonny way to speeking da henglish becoz day ar Frensh.
But hey, is so cute when a Frensh girl ask you wit 'er fonny ax-ant, "Yu' wan' make focking wit me?"

How's that for a Quebec accent in print?

By the way, were/are you in favor of Scotland becoming independent from England?
Here in Quebec, Canada (as i am sure you are well aware of), we have this ongoing political movement that wishes to separate Quebec from Canada. They have failed three times so far. One would think after three failures in aboot 35 years that they would give up, right? Not a chance. They will try and try and try until they finally ruin Canada.

Au-revoir, laddy. Mais just pour le moment.
Babe,
xoxo

Laphroaig
12-02-2014, 07:50 PM
See me after school Babe...

ps. I think edit is only available for about 10 min after posting.

pps. Blame the Southpark movie for "aboot"

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Hi Laphroaig ,

No, i think the "aboot" goes back further than Southpark. Aboot had been pinned on us Canadians since a very long time.

Trust me, i am sure it's because of those nice Newfies with the "funnys way theys talks".

See you after school? Well, i do need help with my Algeebrah, and come to think of it, my dick-tation is becoming a little slow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emkqc3PIw8E

The worst thing aboot sucking men off is that they always cum way too fast. It seems i just get started and close my eyes and start to get into it with those long, slow, gentle sucking up and down wet plunges and deepthroat pauses when, before i know it, they are pulling it out of my mouth because they want to cum in there, too soon. I mean, talk about ruining my concentration.
Sigh! Men! Poor things, tsk! What to do?
I sometimes wish i gave lousy BJs because that way, i could enjoy doing what i like to do for longer. I doubt teeth-scratch marks are going to make him come back for more, though.
Why am i discussing this, again...oh yea lol (licking lips) "dick-tation".

Babe,
xoxo

Jimmy W
12-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Dahlia, You're right, I was definitely kidding you about the length and breadth of your initial post. How could I not? However, you were a good sport and took it with the sense of humor I had intended so good for you! Welcome!

Jimmy W
12-03-2014, 02:03 AM
"Welcome To The Board"

youngblood61
12-03-2014, 03:31 AM
Welcome Dahlia! :smile:

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-03-2014, 05:06 AM
Hello youngblood,

I saw your name and i immediately remembered this Bad Company song.
Have a listen. If you were born in '61, you've probably heard it many times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShlIDGPVQzs

Babe,
xoxo

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-03-2014, 05:13 AM
"Welcome To The Board"

Thank you, Jimmy W.

Yea, i thought you were kidding but i was not 100% certain of it.
I am so happy that you were being playful. Makes me feel more at ease.

Thanks again.
Babe,
xoxo

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-03-2014, 07:32 AM
Hi everyone,

Here is a little video of me talking so you can know how i sound and move just because i wish for you all to know how it would be to meet me face to face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0aVJGpXeWM

So i do hope you all enjoy it even if it is just a tad out of sync. It looked PERFECT in (that frucking frikkking mucking frucking) Windows Movie Maker.

Okay, so it's, now, waaaaay passed my beddy-bye time.
I'm, almost, all set to crawl off into my huge bed to lay my head on the soft feathered-pillows before i drift off into a quiet, peaceful, relaxing sleep.

Sweet dreams.

Babe,
xoxo

jamesedwards
12-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Welcome to HA. Have fun and stay away from knuckle heads.

I saw the bullshit ready to happen smh.

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Good morning jamesedwards,

Thank you for the welcome and the advice.

Babe,
xoxo

youngblood61
12-04-2014, 03:37 AM
Hello youngblood,

I saw your name and i immediately remembered this Bad Company song.
Have a listen. If you were born in '61, you've probably heard it many times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShlIDGPVQzs

Babe,
xoxoThanks Babe, and yes I have heard this song many times.

tao1kiku
12-04-2014, 04:04 AM
I think you are well settled in to this new place to call home. Your responses I've loved, nice! And if you're out this weekend, have some proper Montreal Poutine for me! Nothing weird or exoctic, just traditional well done fries, gravy and proper squeaky cheese curds! Can't go downtown here without having some but have never sampled the "real deal"

evagalour
12-04-2014, 07:46 AM
Welcome huni and i hope you enjoy your stay here :-)

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-04-2014, 06:11 PM
I think you are well settled in to this new place to call home. Your responses I've loved, nice! And if you're out this weekend, have some proper Montreal Poutine for me! Nothing weird or exoctic, just traditional well done fries, gravy and proper squeaky cheese curds! Can't go downtown here without having some but have never sampled the "real deal"

Good morning Tao,

I am so happy that you are enjoying my responses. Here's another one lol.

Well, i am never settled anywhere until the test-of-time proves that to be otherwise. That's what i've learned in my 10 years being on various forums.

Yuck! Squeeky cheese curd, mixed with greasy French fried potatoes covered with with cheap, canned BBQ gravy. Are you kidding? Me? Eat that? Noooooooo thank you, Sir! lol.
You can eat that artery clogging crap if you want to. I won't. I tried it when it first came out and didn't like it - at all. I didn't even finish the plate. I gave it to my friend who gobbled it up like a pig in front of the fodder.

You know how poutine was created, eh? Well, once upon a time, there were two short order (giggle) "chefs" in a greasy spoon truck stop somewhere in Quebec. They were both, by the way, trying to learn to speak English. And they often spoke to each other in broken English for practice.
Well, business was slow one day, and what happened was this:
As they prepared their lunch (which is lol fries, steamed hot dogs and a Coke) one guy accidentally knocked over an opened can of BBQ gravy (which was normally put on the BBQ chicken sandwiches on the menu) and it fell onto the plate of fries.
Not wanting to waste the mess, they tried a bite to see how it would taste. They, sort of, liked the fries and gravy but thought it needed a little something...extra. So one of them said, "Put in a little cheese". So they did. Then other the guy said, "No, it needs more cheese. Put in a little more." They kept saying, "Put in more. Put in more." So they did until they liked how it tasted.

"Put in" with their broken English sounds like "poutine". The name stuck.
That is the unofficial story (i think it's more like the "official joke" about poutine.

I would like to suggest a healthier option. Are yuo ready?
Mmm, fresh, oven-baked, sweet potatoes (cut into fries) covered with a beautifully seasoned, homemade Deviled Sauce (French Haute Cuisine style), and then some grated high quality Swiss cheese. Actually, many international cheeses can be used to make different variations of poutine. THAT would be a lot better than the fast food junk that is normally served as "poutine".

As long as canned BBQ gravy, greasy fries, and cheese curd are used, there will never be any thing "exotic" about it. It's crap no matter from what angle we look at it.

So many North Americans are so obsessed with junk food, it's horrible!
To be honest, i had tried a poutine last summer JUST to see if my taste buds have changed since the poutine i had about 20 years. I took a few bites and threw the rest away.

On a different topic, altogether.
Here's a silly, little video of me wishing Happy Holidays to you, and everyone else reading this.

Babe,
xoxo

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Welcome huni and i hope you enjoy your stay here :-)

Good morning, Eva.

Cute play on words (Eva Gabor lol).
That Gabor, along with her sisters Zsa Zsa and the third Gabor whose name slips my mind, were something else (sexy) back in the day, eh?

Thank you, for dropping in to offer your warm, Southern welcome, Miss Galour.
I do hope i enjoy my stay here.

Babe,
xoxo

Here's a silly, little video of me (from 2013) to wish Happy Holidays to everyone reading this.

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-05-2014, 08:30 AM
...Yuck! Squeeky cheese curd, mixed with greasy French fried potatoes covered with with cheap, canned BBQ gravy...

...You can eat that artery clogging crap if you want to. I won't. I tried it when it first came out and didn't like it - at all...

Ooops. Poutine was invented in 1957. I could not have had tried when it first came out.
What i meant was, when i first had poutine i didn't like it, at all, not when it first came out on the market. Just wanted to clear that up.

Also, there is a Montréal-based poutine shop in Manhattan (i think), NYC, and it's becoming very popular. I forget the name of the place but all the food comes from Québec and it's the same thing as having the real deal Montréal poutine. Last i heard, it's operated by a Montréalais.
So all you New Yorkers, if you want to try REAL Québecois poutine, just find the place and check it out. Be sure to write about it to say what you thought of the dish.

Babe,
xoxo

From Google:
Poutine (/puːˈtiːn/; French: [putin], Quebec French:[put͡sɪn]) is a common Canadian dish, originating in Quebec, made with french fries, topped with a light brown gravy-like sauce and cheese curds.[1] This fast food dish can now be found across Canada, and is also found in some places in the northern United States and even the United Kingdom, where it is sometimes required to be described due to its exotic nature.[2][3] It is sold in small "greasy spoon" type diners (commonly known as cantines or casse-croûtes in Quebec) and pubs, as well as by roadside chip wagons (commonly known as cabanes à patates, literally "potato shacks") and hockey arenas.[4] National and international chains like New York Fries,[5] McDonald's,[6] Wendy's,[7] A&W,[8] KFC,[9] Burger King,[10] and Harvey's[11] also sell mass-market poutine in Canada (although not always country-wide[12]).

Contents [hide]
1 Origins
1.1 Etymology
2 Recipe
2.1 Variations
3 Similar dishes
3.1 European variations
4 Cultural aspect
5 Acclaim
6 In politics
7 See also
8 References
9 External links
Origins[edit]
The dish originated in rural Quebec, Canada, in the late 1950s. Several Québécois communities claim to be the birthplace of poutine, including Drummondville (by Jean-Paul Roy in 1964),[13] Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu,[citation needed] and Victoriaville.[14] One often-cited tale is that of a restaurateur who is said to have exclaimed, "ça va faire une maudite poutine" ("it will make a damn mess") when asked by restaurant regular Eddy Lainesse to put a handful of curds on some french fries, hence the name.[4] The sauce was allegedly added later, to keep the fries warm longer. Over time the dish's popularity spread mainly across the province (and later throughout Canada), often served in small town restaurants, bars, as well as being quite popular in ski resorts.

Etymology[edit]
The Dictionnaire historique du français québécois lists 15 different meanings of poutine in Quebec and Acadian French, most of which are for kinds of food; the word poutine in the meaning "fries with cheese and gravy" is dated to 1982.[15] Other senses of the word have been in use at least since 1810.[16]

While the exact provenance of the word "poutine" is uncertain, some attribute it to the English word pudding.[15] Among its various culinary senses, that of "a dessert made from flour or bread crumbs" most clearly shows this influence; the word pouding, borrowed from the English pudding, is in fact a synonym in this sense. The pejorative meaning "fat person" of poutine (used especially in speaking of a woman) is believed to derive from the English pudding "a person or thing resembling a pudding" or "stout, thick-set person".[17]

In other meanings of poutine, the existence of a relation to the English word pudding is uncertain. One of these additional meanings — the one from which the name of the dish with fries is thought to derive — is "unappetizing mixture of various foods, usually leftovers." This sense may also have given rise to the meaning "complicated business, complex organization; set of operations whose management is difficult or problematic."[citation needed]

The Dictionnaire historique mentions the possibility that the form poutine is simply a gallicization of the word pudding. However, it considers it more likely that it was inherited from regional languages spoken in France, and that some of its meanings resulted from the later influence of the similar-sounding English word pudding. It cites the Provençal forms poutingo "bad stew" and poutité "hodgepodge" or "crushed fruit or foods"; poutringo "mixture of various things" in Languedocien; and poutringue, potringa "bad stew" in Franche-Comté as possibly related to poutine. The meaning "fries with cheese and gravy" of poutine is among those held as probably unrelated to pudding provided the latter view is correct.[16]

According to Merriam-Webster, a popular etymology is that poutine is from a Quebecois slang word meaning "mess." [15]

Recipe[edit]

La Banquise in Montreal serves twenty-five different varieties of Quebec style poutine.[18]
In the basic recipe for poutine, French fries are covered with fresh cheese curds, and topped with brown gravy. In a Quebec poutine:

French fries: Usually of medium thickness, and fried (sometimes doubly) so that the inside stays soft, while the outside is crispy.
Cheese curds: Fresh cheese curds are used to give the desired texture. The curd size may vary but is usually slightly smaller than bite-sized.
Brown gravy: Traditionally a light and thin chicken, veal, or turkey gravy, mildly spiced with a hint of pepper, or a sauce brune which is a combination of beef and chicken stock, a variant originating in Quebec. The gravy should be thin enough to easily filter down into the mass of fries and cheese curds. These sauces typically also contain vinegar or a sour flavouring to balance the richness of the cheese and fries. Traditional poutine sauces (mélange à sauce poutine) are sold in Quebec, Ontario, and Maritime grocery stores in jars or cans and in powdered mix packets. Recently, some outlets have begun to offer vegetarian gravy as an option to cater to vegetarians.[19]
Heavy beef or pork-based brown gravies are rarely used. To maintain the texture of the fries, the cheese curd and gravy are added immediately prior to serving the dish. The hot gravy is usually poured over the cold cheese curds, so that the cheese is warmed without completely melting. It is important to control the temperature, timing and the order in which the ingredients are added, so as to obtain the right food textures which is an essential part of the experience of eating poutine.

Variations[edit]

Poutine made with thick beef gravy on French fried potatoes with fresh cheese curds. A style commonly found outside Quebec.
There are many variations of poutine. Some restaurants offer poutine with such toppings as chicken, bacon, or Montreal-style smoked meat. Some such restaurants even boast dozens of variations of poutine.[20] For instance, more upscale poutine with three-pepper sauce, merguez sausage, foie gras[21] or even caviar and truffle can be found.[22] Some variations eliminate the cheese, but most Québécois would call such a dish a frite sauce ("french fries with sauce") rather than poutine. Shawinigan and some other regions have patate-sauce-choux where shredded raw cabbage replaces cheese. Fast food combination meals in Canada often have the option of getting french fries "poutinized" by adding cheese curds (or shredded cheese in the Prairies and Western Canada) and gravy.

Sweet potato has been used to be a healthy alternative to french fries. The idea of adding dietary fiber and vitamins in this classic dish is widely appraised by the public.[23] Crinkle-cut fries may be used as well.[4]

Outside Canada, poutine is found in northern border regions of the United States such as New England, the Pacific Northwest and the Upper Midwest. These regions offer further variations of the basic dish. Cheeses other than fresh curds are commonly used (most commonly mozzarella cheese), along with beef, brown or turkey gravy.[3] In the country culture especially, a mixed fry can also come with cooked ground beef on top and is referred to as a hamburger mix, though this is less popular than a regular mix.[24]

Capricornblue
12-10-2014, 03:45 AM
Yep a Capricorn that likes the blues, R&B, big band some jazz. Other than that just some guy that is fascinated with girls like yourself. Thanks for the tickle!

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-10-2014, 06:11 AM
youtube.com/watch?v=R8jQA7i6tPM
Mystery surrounds me, and I wonder where I'm goin'
There's a cloud above me and it seems to hide the way
I'm going straight ahead, 'cos it's the only way I know
I wanna leave the past, and live just for today

Now then tell me baby, do you need my love?
Tell me baby, are you thinkin' of me?
Tell me baby, what it is you need?
What kind of satisfaction guaranteed?

Sittin' in the gutter with my head wrapped in my hands
I've been drinkin' all night, and I just can't stand the pain
It took an awful lot of trouble just to make me understand
Now it's clear to me, but will it ever be the same?

Head upon the highway, just as fast as I could go
I rode through the night, and halfway through the day
I had no direction I didn't even want to know where I was goin'
The only thing I knew, was that I had to get away

Tell me baby, tell me baby, tell me baby
Do you need my love?
Now that I'm here, yeah
Do you need, do you need my love?

Songwriters
JIMMY PAGE, PAUL RODGERS
Published by
Lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.

rdude
12-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Hi, Babe! Welcome aboard! I'm not a very common poster here, so you probably won't hear from me much. But thanks for lightening the mood here! A little humor goes a long way.
I'm not Canadian, but I have some friends who are (Toronto-area, like you said, Ajax!). I've noticed that they will say it more like "a-boat", and "a-boot" seems to come from much further west. So, like, whatever. I like 'em all! (Accents, that is.)
And good choice in songs. I got to see The Firm in Cleveland waay back when. Awesome show! Everyone talks about Jimmy Page, and they're right, but Paul Rodgers can keep right up with him or anyone else. Just amazing!
Enough for now, it's past my bed time too...Again, welcome!

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-11-2014, 03:10 AM
Hi rdude,

Wow, thank you so much for making such a special appearance just to welcome lil' ole' me.
And thank you for such a nice welcome.
I got a two-fer' with you!

(Golly gee willikers, they're coming out of the shadows to say hi to me.)

You were lucky to have seen The Firm seeing as they only put out two albums and folded, soon after.

I think Page would have had much more success, solo, after Zep, if he would have written more songs like Good Time Bad Times, Communication Breakdown, Black Dog and Heartbreaker instead of playing around with all the weird guitar tunings and using that annoying string-bender so much on so many songs.
He broke out with those hard-driving, blues-based rock riffs, so i often wonder why he went astray and bargained that every Zep fan would have followed his rather odd musical "experiments". Stick to what works, right?
Can you image AC/DC switching to some acoustic style after making their mark for decades as the AC/DC we all know and love? Instant flop!

Oh well. C'est la vie, on dit.

Rodgers will sound good no matter what he does because well, he's Paul Rodgers.
The same way Robert Plant is WHO he IS. Although Plant was able to successfully morph into a whole new style. Good for him because i can't imagine Plant screeching in his golden years like when he was in his prime.

Guitarist have a much more difficult time going solo unless they are a Jeff Beck or a Steve Vai, who have their signature guitar styles and sounds, right?
Page went way out into left field, and even now he's kind of stuck in that rut.

If you want to see a man who still has it, JUST LIKE when he was 19, do check out Mark Farner from Grand Funk Railroad. Dude, the man still has his voice (unlike Rod Stewart) after all these years.
Check out Mark Farner's NrG in youtube. The only thing Mark lost over the years is his beautiful, LONG hair.

I think you deserve a pic for this rare appearance.

Yes, it's tucked between my soft thighs.
IMG_2913oohlala.jpg Photo by da6is9 | Photobucket (http://s228.photobucket.com/user/da6is9/media/IMG_2913oohlala.jpg.html)

Wouldn't you just love to have a peek, boy? Hmm?

Babe,
xoxo

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
wanttoxoxoit-1.jpg Photo by da6is9 | Photobucket (http://s228.photobucket.com/user/da6is9/media/wanttoxoxoit-1.jpg.html)

FREEFALLL666
12-12-2014, 02:49 PM
pics?

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Good morning FREEFALLL666,

Of what?

Can't you see i posted two pics in the last two posts? Click the links. The links work for me on my computer.
There is, also, a pic below my posts and in my avatar.

Babe,
xoxo

uchetal
12-14-2014, 01:56 PM
Welcome to the HA board Babe.

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Good morning uchetal,

Thank you, for your welcome.

Babe,
xoxo

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-21-2014, 08:08 PM
IMG_hu.jpg Photo by da6is9 | Photobucket (http://s228.photobucket.com/user/da6is9/media/IMG_hu.jpg.html)

Babe,
xoxo

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-23-2014, 05:13 PM
I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit.
You're a bit too self-important ... and I'm on troll alert.

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-25-2014, 12:07 AM
Wish fulfilled.
I was gone for a whole day.

Babe,
xoxo

GroobySteven
12-25-2014, 12:16 AM
Wish fulfilled.
I was gone for a whole day.

Babe,
xoxo

The silence was deafening.

Happy Xmas!

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-25-2014, 01:14 AM
Huh? What?
:jawdrop

Alright, thank you, and the same to you and all your loved ones.

Babe,
xoxo

Crossover1
12-25-2014, 06:54 PM
None of the pics or video work. Sadly most people won't give a shit what you say until they see whether you're hot, and then they will care....a tiny bit :)

I agree: self-important.

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-25-2014, 09:25 PM
Hi Crossover1,

Aww. Sorry about that, sweety.

My profile pic, avatar pic, signature pic and all the various pics, of myself that i've put up in this thread ALONG with an actual 4+ minute TALKING video with two right-up-close close-ups of my face and mouth and lips and tongue and eyes, mmmmm mmmm, were all deleted, by me, only yesterday. I swear it's true.
Where have you been since 2007 when you registered?

If you missed everything, i'm sorry. It was a rough day for me, yesterday. I won't bore you with any of that, so i'll digress from telling you about my woes.

It seems you're here only to gawk at pics anyway or to criticize people and PRAISE the ones for posting pics that you like (as i've seen by reading a few of your 52 posts).
AND THAT's OKAY with me. You're here, it seems to me, for one purpose only - to judge others. That is just an honest opinion. I mean, just look at the very opinionated post you put into this thread.
Actually, when i look at the video link which i had posted (and later deleted) i still see an image of me on my screen. I suppose that one little pic of me is not enough.

Maybe you can ask the guys on my friends list how i look or better still, ask AshlyCreamer how i look. She'll be more than happy to offer her opinion.

Now for the definition of "self-important":
"A person who overestimates their own importance and exhibits arrogant or pompous behavior.", says once internet source.

I don't see myself as pompous or arrogant. I see myself as a loving, caring, non-judgmental, sharing, peace-loving, fun-loving, very gentle, sort of a slapstick character, fairly intelligent, patient, extremely polite individual.
Of course, i am FAR FROM perfect and i have even written in HU recently that when i look at girls on hormones in their 20s that i feel like a toad, sometimes but that is only because i am older. So self-important, eh? How evil can i be?

OH WAIT, and, "verbose" lol. I forgot to mention that i am verbose, as sweet Jimmy stated.
Wait, wait, there's more - i've been called, "bat-shit crazy", aaaaand...umm...what was it, again?...umm... oh yeayea..."crazier than a pissing bedbug with two left feet shopping at Walmart hahahahahahahahahahah."
Whatever that means. I took it as a compliment. Well ya just had to be there.
I've been told recently in HU that the world needs more people like me.
I tend to agree because I KNOW who i am.

Anyway, that's how i see myself and that's how i try to be in all situations. It's hard sometimes, though. At least, I TRY to be nice, even to the jerks!

Anyway, i suppose my intelligence and my vision of my "self-worth" makes me seem self-important to you and to some (or maybe many) others.
Hey, ya can't please everyone, right? C'est la vie.
Certain people like me and others hate me, and others don't even know me, yet. But i'll let you in on a well known fact - you won't see me expressing hatred ANYWHERE on these types of boards ANYWHERE.

Besides, Crossover1, i am pretty certain that my looks would not meet your high expectations, anyway.
So i suppose it's, sort of, for the best (for me, that is) that you didn't get to see any of my pics or the video. I have a strong feeling that you would of spared no time to insult me based on how i look.
Heck, you've already insulted me after claiming to have not seen anything of me. So either way i'd lose, i think, with you. AND that's okay. too.
Everyone has a right to their opinion, sweety.
I have just expressed mine.

I don't know you so i can't feel anything but loving kindness for you.

Anyway, it's a holiday, you bundle of never-ending joy.
Don't spend all day inside. And try not to kick any puppies or trip any senior citizens.
T'is the "Fa. La-la-la. La. La-la. La. La." season.
That's how a French Quebecer sounds when they try to express "Over there, there." in Quebecois.

Have a happy day!! Okayyyyyyy?

Babe,
xoxo

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
12-25-2014, 10:14 PM
hi everybody,

...i tend to write long posts when i have something to say, so i hope people like to read a little bit. If not, please do not read what i write only to complain about it. Move on to what you like to read. I don't want to bother anyone and by the same token, i don't want people bothering me....

babe
xoxo
. . . .

jamesedwards
12-25-2014, 10:33 PM
. . . .

:dead: wow that's showing em lol

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
01-17-2015, 04:46 PM
Good morning, gentlemen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Happy New Year, by the way.

Hmm. I wonder who made this hole in the wall, and what could this hole be used for. I wonder as i look around.

http://www.netanimations.net/look_6.gif
Any suggestions?

..........http://www.picgifs.com/alphabets/alphabets/pink/alphabets-pink-009558.gifhttp://www.picgifs.com/alphabets/alphabets/pink/alphabets-pink-875744.gifhttp://www.picgifs.com/alphabets/alphabets/pink/alphabets-pink-009558.gif
http://www.picgifs.com/alphabets/alphabets/pink-panther/alphabets-pink-panther-221846.gif

http://www.glitter-text.net/graphics/words/images/text_442.gif
XOXO

Dahlia Babe Ailhad
03-12-2015, 01:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1aQvm5MrU

According to you
I'm stupid,
I'm useless,
I can't do anything right.
According to you
I'm difficult,
Hard to please,
Forever changing my mind.
I'm a mess in a dress,
Can't show up on time,
Even if it would save my life.
According to you. According to you.

But according to him
I'm beautiful,
Incredible,
He can't get me out of his head.
According to him
I'm funny,
Irresistible,
Everything he ever wanted.
Everything is opposite,
I don't feel like stopping it,
So baby tell me what I got to lose.
He's into me for everything I'm not,
According to you.

According to you
I'm boring,
I'm moody,
And you can't take me any place.
According to you
I suck at telling jokes cause I always give it away.
I'm the girl with the worst attention span;
You're the boy who puts up with that.
According to you. According to you.

But according to him
I'm beautiful,
Incredible,
He can't get me out of his head.
According to him
I'm funny,
Irresistible,
Everything he ever wanted.
Everything is opposite,