PDA

View Full Version : movies from paid sites

boomer23
11-11-2014, 03:35 AM
I am thinking of joining some paid sites so that I can get high quality moives to view. Is it possible to down load these movies onto your computer and view with a media player? if so, what is the best media player available, and if it makes any difference I use window's Vista.

thanks

timxxx
11-11-2014, 03:52 AM
VLC Player ftw.

GroobySteven
11-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Agreed - VLC player from http://videolan.org

You Love Us
11-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Another vote for VLC. I've been using it for years with all sorts of different video formats and I can count on one hand the number of videos it couldn't play.

saifan
11-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Is it possible to down load these movies onto your computer and view with a media player?

Most sites allow downloads. Some don't. Research or ask here before signing up.

lifeisfiction
11-12-2014, 12:24 AM
I would suggest if you have a player preference then get the CCCP, community codec (something) pack. It allows you play any format. I prefer window media player and have divx media player and a few others. Still, I prefer to use windows media player for movies. Its the codec's that allows you to watch different formats on most video players.

I don't know how tech savvy you are and it does require you to know how to setup codecs for your computer. If you are familiar with it, then its the best thing. They do have detail support on their site.

It use to be a pain in the neck to have so many different formats to play movies in, but once you have the codecs then you can choose what player you want to use. I even use windows media player to for apple videos.

youngblood61
11-12-2014, 01:21 AM
VLC for me as well.

Ben in LA
11-16-2014, 02:40 PM
I use KMPlayer, but will give VLC a try since it appears to be highly recommended.

I'm running Windows, yet haven't used Media Player in a LONG time.