PDA

View Full Version : WWIII - how likely?

suckseed
07-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Between India/Pakistan, Israel/Lebanon/Palistine, China/Japan/North Korea, US/Iraq/Afghanistan, much of Africa, etc., it seems like the pot is going from a simmer to a low boil. What would have to happen for this to turn global? I'm not saying I think it will. But, for those of you with a bit of a grasp on world affairs, what do you think? Oh yeah, and post a hot pic when you reply.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-13-2006, 11:04 PM
post a hot pic? with a political topic?
LOLLLLLLLLLLL

look there won't be a third world war

there's currently a Holy War going on, and too many countries are having way to much fun slamming the other while their religious majority leaders convert outsiders into their belief system

BeardedOne
07-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Nah, not likely. There's no major royalty to piss off anymore (Hapsbergs/Hess in WWI, Imperial Japan in WWII).

But I like the meat, as it were, of the topic. :D

suckseed
07-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Hey, Johnny Walker BL...where's that J. Alba video from? Did she do a music video? (I don't watch a lot of tv.....don't miss it except for deadwood.)

chefmike
07-13-2006, 11:43 PM
When you throw our (unelected) chimp-in-chief into the mix with all the other nutjob zealots in the world, it's certainly more likely...

When his daddy's supreme court gave him, and his neocon masters the White House, it damn sure didn't help the situation....although he has informed us that Jesus talks to him, so why worry...the rapture is coming...just drink your kool-aid....

BeardedOne
07-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Hey, Johnny Walker BL...where's that J. Alba video from? Did she do a music video? (I don't watch a lot of tv.....don't miss it except for deadwood.)

If I'm not mistaken, that's the bar clip from Miller's "Sin City", a very good film adaptation of Frank Miller's graphic novel work.

BeardedOne
07-13-2006, 11:57 PM
When you throw our (unelected) chimp-in-chief

Minor correction, Chef:

He was elected. It took five years, but he was elected. :roll:

That first term was a pratice run. Too bad he wasn't paying attention in class.

suckseed
07-13-2006, 11:59 PM

If I'm not mistaken, that's the bar clip from Miller's "Sin City", a very good film adaptation of Frank Miller's graphic novel work.

well, i'm rentin that tonite. just think, somewhere there's a guy who got tired of fucking her.

BeardedOne
07-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Oop! :shock:

Forgot my qualifier.

My bad. :oops:

chefmike
07-14-2006, 12:08 AM
When you throw our (unelected) chimp-in-chief

Minor correction, Chef:

He was elected. It took five years, but he was elected. :roll:

That first term was a pratice run. Too bad he wasn't paying attention in class.
Yes, and maybe no...I guess it depends on how much credit that you give the allegations of voter fraud in Ohio...but it's a moot point...we're stuck with schmuckboy shrubya (and let's not forget Jesus) for a while...

Richard7481
07-14-2006, 06:13 AM
More like WWIV. The cold war was WWIII.

suckseed
07-14-2006, 06:27 AM
boys, you didn't read the rules. I'm going to have to give everyone ONE note from the hall monitor.

ezed
07-14-2006, 06:57 AM

That's the little girl Bruce Willis saved.

suckseed
07-14-2006, 08:35 AM
if that's a little girl, we're all in trouble.

DeathFox
07-14-2006, 03:29 PM
The stage for WW3 was set up 5 years ago... And now its just around the corner

MacShreach
07-14-2006, 05:27 PM
post a hot pic? with a political topic?
LOLLLLLLLLLLL

look there won't be a third world war

there's currently a Holy War going on, and too many countries are having way to much fun slamming the other while their religious majority leaders convert outsiders into their belief system

Well I like the idea. Of the pictures. Something for everyone, you know.

The thing about the World Wars was that they were both the result of an Imperialist world order, with some countries trying to grab part of what others already "had." But the actual theatre of WW1 was pretty restricted, and I think the older term of The Great War should be reinstated. It was just not a global conflict in the way what we call WW2 was. So "WW3" might be a bit of a misnomer anyway.

There is Imperialsim today but it is of a different nature, and not based on the nation-state but on multinational corporations. To whatever extent they are in a position to manipulate the military forces of the world powers is the measure of the risk we face.

Having said that I do believe that there will be further widespread and possibly global conflict, though I don't think it will happen very soon. I say this because I see nothing at all that persuades me that mankind is not going to fuck this planet royally, and when resources-- fuel and food but also land-- become critically short, the standard human response is war.

But the wars that are going on just now are grumbling regional conflicts blown up by the media and self-interested politicians. There is no "global war on terror" That's just spin. There are a lot of nasty regional confrontations that spill across continents, and terrorist techniques are used by groups all over the world, but to call this terrorism "global" is to dignify it with a cohesion entirely beyond reality. It suits Bush and Blair to call it that, but that don't make it true.

Anyway, some hot pics. How about a fresh look at an old favourite?

Night Rider
10-24-2007, 06:25 PM
There will be a world war III. Maybe not in our lifetime, but within the next couple of centuries. If i was a betting man then i'd say between 2050-2150

trish
10-25-2007, 03:11 AM
There's never going to be a World War III, because the politicians who start it and their media manager rove types won't ever allow it to be called by that name.

[pictures please...)

Night Rider
10-25-2007, 03:41 AM
Forgot trish :)

http://www.cehostedgalleries.com/baretransexuals/images/design/01/images/49/big/18.jpg

trish
10-25-2007, 06:37 AM
damn...read the rules too fast...i thought each response would earn a pic...looks like i owe you all one.

qeuqheeg222
10-25-2007, 08:07 AM
there will be no "big one" because too many corps and rich fucks will lose too much money..just regional conflicts that they and oil/gas related corps and monarchys can profit from..there was never any real threat of ww3 with the ruskies because who would be left to buy the tvs,the kenmore fans,the ipod,the xbox,look at spam from myspace..you have more to worry about a "bravenew world"type of future(which is really already here) than a nukuler destructoo conflagritation...follow the benjamins...........

hippifried
10-25-2007, 08:21 AM
What's with the numbers (I, II, III, IV...)? Aside from the 20 year break between I & II, has the perpetual war ever come to a stop long enough to differentiate one from another?

qeuqheeg222
10-25-2007, 08:29 AM
zepI,zepII,zepIII,or zepIV,,my fav-zepII..............

qeuqheeg222
10-25-2007, 08:47 AM
oops forgot the pics-

trish
10-25-2007, 11:29 PM
We may soon become embroiled in a prolonged multi-fronted supersurge of our armed forces that may eventually escalate to tactical nuclear confrontation...but that's not world war...it just daring to them to fight over here by toppling governments over there.

now i get to post one of my holloween favs:

AlySinclair
10-26-2007, 12:19 AM
"But liberty, as we all know, cannot flourish in a country that is permanently on a war footing, or even a near-war footing. Permanent crisis justifies permanent control of everybody and everything by the agencies of the central government."
Brave New World Revisited by Aldous Huxley

How does everyone like our "Brave New World"?

tsmandy
10-26-2007, 07:21 PM
How does everyone like our "Brave New World"?

I find it quite distressing, though I'm not sure what exactly is "new" about it. Though one certainly must be quite brave to face the realities within it. But this is why I live in the woods, and not in a big city.

As for WWIII: In order for there to be a third world war, as others have pointed out, we would need some sort of opposition to the United States. Perhaps WWIII will not be one nations fighting nations, but rather, the US fighting resistance movements everywhere.

Jonny29
10-28-2007, 06:00 AM
The next world war will occur. It will be over global warming. China will be forced to adhere to the UN stipulations which they will disregard and enough people and countries will believe that mankind hangs in the balance and "something" must be done to force china to adhere to the consensus belief regarding global warming. Of course after a nuclear exchange a nuclear winter will occur and global warming will be but a faint memory.

trish
10-28-2007, 07:50 AM
I have to say I find that particular scenario extremely unlikely. I don't think the threat of GW will ever cause a war. Actual global warming can and has. The droughts in Sudan and elsewhere in Africa are a main driving force behind the genocides that have and are occurring there.