PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Robin Williams

bluesoul
08-12-2014, 01:10 AM
http://media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-us/dbimages/127135a.jpg

Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that his death was a suicide, a rep did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-at-63/

Charly Spoons
08-12-2014, 01:14 AM
Wow, sad and surprising news. :(

dakota87
08-12-2014, 01:23 AM
wtf? I'm sad now.

RallyCola
08-12-2014, 01:55 AM
wow...that was unexpected. this is the first place i head anything about this!

EvaCassini
08-12-2014, 01:57 AM
Same ^

Very saddening.

tao1kiku
08-12-2014, 02:02 AM
Robin Williams, the manic comic who morphed from TV's Mork from Ork to Oscar-winning glory, is dead of an apparent suicide. He was 63. Emergency personnel were called to Williams's home in Tiburon, California, at 11:55 a.m. local time, per the Marin County Sheriff's Office.
Williams was found unconscious and pronounced dead at the scene. Authorities are investigating the death, and an autopsy is forthcoming, but initial evidence points to "a suicide due to asphyxia," according to Marin Sheriff's Lt. Keith Boyd.
In a brief statement, publicist Mara Buxbaum said Williams had been "battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time."

https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/robin-williams-dead-of-apparent-suicide-at-63-231414092.html

Rusty Eldora
08-12-2014, 02:16 AM
To loose somebody that is so creative hurts a lot. I wasn't into a number of his movies but some are among my favorites. The two Night at the Museum

As I loved Birdcage and Ms Doubtfire, these might have been a precursor to my liking tgirls.

rodinuk
08-12-2014, 02:23 AM
I'm absolutely devastated - like losing a close friend.

I thought his performances in the Fisher King and Mrs Doubtfire were significant in my book and always a pleasure to listen to on the media.

Rest In Peace.

Ben
08-12-2014, 02:27 AM
To loose somebody that is so creative hurts a lot. I wasn't into a number of his movies but some are among my favorites. The two Night at the Museum

As I loved Birdcage and Ms Doubtfire, these might have been a precursor to my liking tgirls.

I liked him in The Fisher King and Dead Poets Society....
He was good in Insomnia; good film, too.

flabbybody
08-12-2014, 02:45 AM
a person who graced our planet with his immense talent.
but at the end of the day he made me laugh, just by being himself.
I'm so sad

holzz
08-12-2014, 02:50 AM
What?? Damn...:(

NightmareX0666
08-12-2014, 03:11 AM
RIP...
https://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608043622769754661&pid=15.1&P=0

"Ah, yes, divorce... from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet."

"Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose."

"When in doubt, go for the dick joke."

"I like my wine like my women - ready to pass out."

Ben
08-12-2014, 03:16 AM
Robin Williams - stand up comedy full performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdIRME3EpFY

Ben
08-12-2014, 03:16 AM
Robin Williams - stand up comedy full performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdIRME3EpFY

Gonna watch it fairly soon.

EZWind
08-12-2014, 03:24 AM
Originally Posted by Rusty Eldora http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/images/ca_serenity/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=1519277#post1519277)
I loved Birdcage and Ms Doubtfire, these might have been a precursor to my liking tgirls.

I liked him in The Fisher King and Dead Poets Society....
He was good in Insomnia; good film, too.

....all good movies, and you're spot on about Insomnia...he was also great in Awakenings, Good Will Hunting and Cadillac Man....and Man of the Year and Good Morning Vietnam
I met the guy on Haight Street one afternoon and we shot the shit there for 10 or 15 minutes or so and he was just the most genuine down to earth personable dude you'd ever want to meet....not a speck of the Hollywood phoniness or airs. He was quite a bit shorter in stature than you might expect, but no one stood taller in the field of entertainment. He must have been in a very dark place indeed if the speculation of suicide is true. Sad news for us because no one can fill those shoes.....Peace

Weissmann
08-12-2014, 03:24 AM
R i p

buttslinger
08-12-2014, 03:37 AM
I had heard he had his demons, but man, this is a shocker.

Ecstatic
08-12-2014, 05:02 AM
Tragic. RIP

BBaggins06
08-12-2014, 06:01 AM
Shocking news. Depression is a serious illness and can strike at any time. My condolences to his friends and family. He will be truly and deeply missed ...

Dahak
08-12-2014, 06:26 AM
R.I.P, one of my favorite comedians/actors of all time.

tskitana
08-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Rest in Peace, old friend.

maxpower
08-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Very shocking and sad to hear. I want to mention some of his earlier movies; I think Popeye and The World According to Garp were both pretty great. He was also interesting as a lonely man turned creepy stalker in the (relatively) more recent One Hour Photo.

Prospero
08-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Heartbreaking news. Too young. I had one of the funniest evenings of my life in his company after a screening of one of his films in London a few years ago. He was a manic comic genius...and a nice guy.

peacheater
08-12-2014, 09:27 AM
As someone who suffers from many of the same demons, this news hit me hard. If you aren't familiar with Marc Maron's WTF podcast, he reposted his interview with Robin Williams, which is one of the most honest and personal interviews with him you could wish to hear...and the updated, current intro might leave a lump in your throat. http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/remembering_robin_williams

Star Angel 86
08-12-2014, 10:26 AM
Robin Williams (R.I.P.) When I heard this news the other day I was totally shocked I remember him going all the way back to making an appearance on Happy Days as Mork From Ork which lead to him getting his own series with Pam Dawber Mork and Mindy.

GroobySteven
08-12-2014, 10:40 AM
What a shock.
The death of these celebs who we grow up with from Mork & Mindy right through to rewatch of both "The Fisher King" (on of my fave movies) and "Insomnia" (see if if you haven't) in the last few months, seem to be more shocking than those from outside one's time.

RIP.

fab
08-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Gutted & sad.
I actually exchanged pleasantries for a minute or 2 with him earlier this year on a cold wet Friday evening outside the British Museum when filming Night at the Museum 3. He looked quiet frail and a bit sad beneath the smile he gave me, when speaking about the rainy London weather. He was a true gentleman.
RIP Robin. Sadly missed.

elcuco
08-12-2014, 12:16 PM
My sister committed suicide, I couldn't and haven't understood her reasons, hope it brought the sought after relief. It is a sad loss for us, RIP Mr. Williams thanks for the laughter.

youngblood61
08-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Such a loss. RIP

tsadriana
08-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Shocked...R.IP

CORVETTEDUDE
08-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Another 'genius' gone far too early. I don't know which was quicker with their wit, Robin or Red Skelton. I believe Robin to be the most creative and complex with his ability to ad lib any situation....simply amazing, IMHO!!

Fair Winds and Following Seas, Spaceman

Falling
08-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Still shocked by the news of this....

Athena_Addams
08-12-2014, 07:39 PM
What an incredible soul.... may he be at peace or may he be reborn

S.Eelman
08-12-2014, 10:25 PM
still in shock about this.... another note worthy person gone...

Zappa, Carlin, Thompson & now Williams.. My Idols are leaving too soon..:(

jamesedwards
08-12-2014, 10:47 PM
http://media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-us/dbimages/127135a.jpg

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-at-63/

Its confirmed he hanged himself

parts25
08-13-2014, 12:14 AM
He was a comedy genius. Very sad indeed.

Stavros
08-13-2014, 12:18 AM
I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Education/Pix/pictures/2008/12/08/poet460.jpg

TSLoverIB
08-13-2014, 12:52 AM
Such a great actor, comedian, man, human being.

May he make people laugh in heaven

RIP Mr Williams

diddyboponTOP
08-13-2014, 12:48 PM
RIP Big Big Fan here.

ohioguy13
08-13-2014, 03:28 PM
sorry to hear more sorry for his kids

EZWind
08-14-2014, 01:42 AM
The word I got was his depression was brought on by financial woes such as massive alimony payments to his ex-wives and compounded by the cancellation of his TV show.
I'm just now realizing that this happened the morning following that perigee-sysygy earth-moon-sun confluence that occurred the night of Aug 10th. Coincidence?...I'm not so sure

Dahak
08-14-2014, 03:59 AM
Frackin shame his daughter zelda had to close her twitter and instagram accounts because of harassment about her dad.

VictoriaVeil
08-14-2014, 06:09 AM
I for one will miss him dearly.. he is a big reason i survived my teen years. #RIPRobin

Robinhood81
08-14-2014, 12:19 PM
I cried when I saw the news break, from a child to an adult his films have engrossed me, a great talent, a lovely man, his death is tragic and so sad. I shall miss him, hard to believe he's gone, RIP sir.

Those abusing his daughter on twitter are SCUM! Disgusting

Jericho
08-14-2014, 12:25 PM
Fuck Him!
Unless you're dying of terminal disease,and you want to go out before the pain gets too bad, anything else is vanity!
Good luck fucking up your kids!

And for all you 'thumb down" fuckers, middle finger!

Robinhood81
08-14-2014, 12:28 PM
It's not a black and white subject!

And yes, his poor children and wife. Just terrible.

peacheater
08-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Fuck Him!
Unless you're dying of terminal disease,and you want to go out before the pain gets too bad, anything else is vanity!

Thank you so much for outing yourself!
You are part of the problem. Your ignorance is matched only by your arrogance, and it is a shame that good people like Robin Williams are the ones killing themselves as opposed to the ones that should, such as yourself.
Seriously, what the fuck do you know about the mindset that brings a person to that point? Could you be anymore transparent as to how dumb you are about how deep and serious depression is? Especially in a forum such as this? I don't mean to post anything negative, but you are such a clearly ignorant fuckwit I couldn't help myself. Fuck you and your mother for not taking it in the ass like she should have.

irvin66
08-14-2014, 03:31 PM
Rest in peace! It was sad news.

Toadily
08-14-2014, 07:29 PM
Fuck Him!

It was his life and no one elses, he live his life and ended it on his own terms, he doesn't need to answer to anyone but himself. Would it have been better to drive his car into a lake with his kids in the back seat?
Is it better that he lived a terrabe life he was miserable in just to entertain the judgmental doucebags like yourself? Then you say he was the selfish one.

dakota87
08-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Apparently he'd been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11035441/Robin-Williams-had-Parkinsons-disease.html

Jericho
08-14-2014, 10:44 PM
I knew this was going to be an unpopular post.
And, i was prepared to leave it there, but, this shitfuck fucked me off, soooo! :shrug

Thank you so much for outing yourself!

Outing myself...As What?
Someone who holds human life higher that vanity?
Yeah, I'll take that one! :cheers:

You are part of the problem. Your ignorance is matched only by your arrogance, and it is a shame that good people like Robin Williams are the ones killing themselves as opposed to the ones that should, such as yourself.

Yeah, I can tell you're a real humanitarian! :dead-1:

Seriously, what the fuck do you know about the mindset that brings a person to that point?

Do you really want to go there?
More than you would ever want to fucking know![/QUOTE]

Fuck you and your mother for not taking it in the ass like she should have.

Balls....Suck them!

buttslinger
08-14-2014, 11:59 PM
I would like to officially apologize for insulting you for your chalkboard scratchingly bad jokes, Jerry,
I now officially insult you for your serious posts!!! ha!

MEMO: The pain of depression is real.

broncofan
08-15-2014, 01:11 AM
I have had chronic depression as well. It is unremitting and dreadful. And for him it must have been much worse.

As Dakota said, he also was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's which is relevant in two senses. Horrible news that there was more pain around the corner. Secondly, Parkinson's is an illness known to cause depression. It does that because the transmission of dopamine, which is involved in our subjective experience of pleasure (and motor skills, motivation and a variety of cognitive functions) is significantly reduced in people with Parkinson's, even long before the earliest symptoms manifest.

We have to remember that some people experience unendurable pain. It is very sad for his wife and kids but he did not do it to spite them but because he thought things were too unbearable. IMO were his depression somehow treated (if it was treatable) he could have handled an undoubtedly morbid condition.

EZWind
08-15-2014, 07:07 AM
Fuck Him!
Unless you're dying of terminal disease,and .....
Whoops! Looks like ya stepped in bigtime there, and then proceeded to place that foot firmly in your mouth. Good show

jamesedwards
08-15-2014, 07:50 AM
Wow peeps fighting in this thread? whoa!

BBaggins06
08-15-2014, 06:23 PM
I knew this was going to be an unpopular post.
And, i was prepared to leave it there, but, this shitfuck fucked me off, soooo!

Excellent job of making a colossal ass of yourself! You wouldn't by any chance be related to that fucktard git from Anonymous who got the name of the Ferguson cop wrong, would ya?

Say hello to all the other trolls and brainstems in my ignore file ...

Jamie French
08-16-2014, 10:32 PM
This Jericho cat has the right to die as well... it's a shame he's not acting on it.

buttslinger
08-17-2014, 03:02 AM
This Jericho cat has the right to die as well... it's a shame he's not acting on it.

No no no, I tease Jericho because I know he can take it, there must be a billion people that can't even begin to dream about the kind of life Robin Williams lived, but they grind on through their miserable lives just to feed their kids. There's a real Dignity and Strength that goes with that.
Robin Williams was involved in lots of charities, Comic Relief alone has raised over 80 million dollars. That's the kind of Vanity that's good for the world. Might be tough on your family, though.

maaarc
08-17-2014, 05:15 AM
severe depression is a debilitating and devastating disease. I've suffered from this disease myself for many years. It literally tore my life apart and if you have not experienced it yourself I don't believe you can understand the magnitude of it. it's like having a dark cloud follow you - always waiting for a chance to break through and swallow you shutting out any light, love or joy you may have in your life. You have to fight every day to keep it at bay. Sadly some people are overwhelmed by it and take their lives in order to stop the pain. who am I or anyone else to judge them? IMO this is a genetic and brain chemistry issue not a character one. The same brain biology/chemistry which was responsible for Robins brilliance was responsible for his depression and decision to end his life. I will always remember him as a comic genius and extraordinary human being. Thank you for all the laughs and for your grace and humanity RIP Robin