PDA

View Full Version : 15 Year-Old Transgender Girl Stabbed on Metro

dafame
07-31-2014, 03:20 PM
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Transgendered-Girl-Stabbed-in-Back-on-Green-Line-Train-Suspect-in-Custody--269322511.html

I read this article earlier today and although it's a sad situation (but seems as though she'll be fine), I thought at the very least the new organization covering the story did a very good job of handling the issue of her gender and never described her as a "boy" or "he".

my my my!
07-31-2014, 03:58 PM
I find that in general, Female journalists are a little more sympathetic to using the correct pronouns of "she, her" etc.

It's usually the male journalists that say "he, man " etc.

goatman
07-31-2014, 04:58 PM
SMH. Metro's getting insane. Used to touted as the "Cleanest, safest transit system..."

Instrumental
07-31-2014, 06:45 PM
Ugh, people are awful.

giovanni_hotel
07-31-2014, 08:13 PM
Damn. That's local.
There's usually Metro cops always buzzing around on D.C. Metro, but apparently the cops weren't where they were needed.

goatman
07-31-2014, 09:35 PM
Damn. That's local.
There's usually Metro cops always buzzing around on D.C. Metro, but apparently the cops weren't where they were needed. Depending on what line/station you're in when something goes down that's usually the case. It's unusual for something to happen on the Green Line; the Blue Line & certain sections of the Orange line get all the press for being "dangerous", so they may/may not get the "heavy end of the hammer" after an incident. Get closer to Capitol Hill, downtown, Nats Stadium, etc. the ride-on presence is more noticeable.

buttslinger
07-31-2014, 10:11 PM
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Transgendered-Girl-Stabbed-in-Back-on-Green-Line-Train-Suspect-in-Custody--269322511.html
the news organization covering the story did a very good job of handling the issue of her gender and never described her as a "boy" or "he".

My next door neighbor is on WTOP news, she runs into all the reporters at stories, she told me Jackie Benson is fucking a cop, maybe that helps with her contacts. Wendy likes her booze, Doreen had a nice write up in last Sundays Washington Post magazine. Vance smokes Camels. Channel 4 is best.

I almost replied on the POLICE STATE thread downstairs whether or not a tranny or crossdresser is "ASKING FOR IT" when she dresses up provocatively in public. I am absolutely positive that when guys on this forum see a hip chick they see STYLE and when a cop sees the same chick he sees PROFILE.

goatman
07-31-2014, 11:03 PM
My next door neighbor is on WTOP news, she runs into all the reporters at stories, she told me Jackie Benson is fucking a cop, maybe that helps with her contacts. Wendy likes her booze, Doreen had a nice write up in last Sundays Washington Post magazine. Vance smokes Camels. Channel 4 is best.

I almost replied on the POLICE STATE thread downstairs whether or not a tranny or crossdresser is "ASKING FOR IT" when she dresses up provocatively in public. I am absolutely positive that when guys on this forum see a hip chick they see STYLE and when a cop sees the same chick he sees PROFILE.One of the reasons I didn't transition to a civilian LE job when I mustered out: the whole MINDSET.

RyderMonroe
08-01-2014, 12:21 AM

I read this article earlier today and although it's a sad situation (but seems as though she'll be fine), I thought at the very least the new organization covering the story did a very good job of handling the issue of her gender and never described her as a "boy" or "he".
when they originally posted this story they identified the teenage girl as an adult man. it was a messed up attempt to sensationalize the story but it was changed super quickly. like within 5 minutes it was changed.

goatman
08-01-2014, 01:24 AM
when they originally posted this story they identified the teenage girl as an adult man. it was a messed up attempt to sensationalize the story but it was changed super quickly. like within 5 minutes it was changed. DC area media is becoming very PC/sensitive towards Transgender identity. Couple of years ago, there was a rash of transgendered-targeted hate crimes(including 1 involving a DC city cop) & media focus caught hell for it(regarding proper use of pronouns, etc.).

gimmeurblood
08-01-2014, 01:33 AM
yeah..that sounds a lot like the green line

goatman
08-01-2014, 01:56 AM
yeah..that sounds a lot like the green line Remember when Green line used to be "clean"(because it went through most of the colleges)? Remember when it was the buses you had to worry about(cause the Metro Cops were all over the trains)>