PDA

View Full Version : off topic...California law to ban/exterminate Pit Bulls

seanj
07-10-2006, 04:42 AM
there are already a few places like miami and denver that have a ban on the american pit bull terrier....these bans are base ignorance and mis information about the breed....i can tell you that the pit bull is one of the friendlies, most loyal, loving, family dog there is...if you know the breed you know what i'm talking about.

sign the petition...it only takes a min. and makes a difference.

http://www.petitiononline.com/NOBSL/petition.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Qlw3pzWv4

seanj
07-10-2006, 04:45 AM
pics

Quinn
07-10-2006, 05:05 AM
there are already a few places like miami and denver that have a ban on the american pit bull terrier....these bans are base ignorance and mis information about the breed....i can tell you that the pit bull is one of the friendlies, most loyal, loving, family dog there is...if you know the breed you know what i'm talking about.

sign the petition...it only takes a min. and makes a difference.

http://www.petitiononline.com/NOBSL/petition.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Qlw3pzWv4

You're right. They are a loyal, friendly, and family-orented dog. Unfortunately, many of people who buy them are wannabe thug scumbags who train them to behave otherwise. So far as I'm concerned, anything that deprives said people of a possible weapon is a good thing. As an animal lover I hate to say it, but I am for banning them.

-Quinn

-Quinn

Dino Velvet
07-10-2006, 05:19 AM
You're right. They are a loyal, friendly, and family-orented dog. Unfortunately, many of people who buy them are wannabe thug scumbags who train them to behave otherwise. So far as I'm concerned, anything that deprives said people of a possible weapon is a good thing. As an animal lover I hate to say it, but I am for banning them.

-Quinn

-Quinn

If you ban Pit Bulls, wouldn't these needle dick gangbangers get another type of fighting dog? I had an Akita that lived to be 13 and the guy was my best buddy. But, in the wrong hands, this 125 lb beast would be extremely dangerous. I raised him with love and never encouraged him to be agressive. His natural instincts were all the protection that I needed and he was never a threat to anyone unless they were up to no good. Besides me, his best friends were my 3 cats that he slept and played with.

seanj
07-10-2006, 05:20 AM

-Quinn

-Quinn[/quote]

what you said makes no sense. most pit bulls are owned by caring responsible owners. of course there is a small minority of scum that will take these dogs and train them to be mean and fight. but that is a small minority. statistics on dog attacks on humans show that the pit bull is only responsible for about 2% of all the attacks. the problem is those are the ones the media likes to hype up.
you said that you know pits are great, friendly, loving dogs but ban them anyway????? do you know what would happen to those banned dogs??? most of them would be put to death.......punish the owners of these and other breeds.....dont punish the dogs....its not their fault.

Dino Velvet
07-10-2006, 05:28 AM
punish the owners of these and other breeds.....dont punish the dogs....its not their fault.

Amen brother. Making dogs fight is a form of animal cruelty and the law should really take it seriously. If you started locking people up in prison for a couple of years, the "sport" of dog fighting might go away. I hate people that are cruel to animals.

Quinn
07-10-2006, 05:42 AM
What you said makes no sense. most pit bulls are owned by caring responsible owners. of course there is a small minority of scum that will take these dogs and train them to be mean and fight. but that is a small minority.

It may be a "small" minority in your little corner of the world, but in the inner city neighborhoods where I do gentrification related investing, they are nearly as common as sagging pants and illiteracy -- with many of them being trained.

As for comparisons between this breed and any other, you have to be kidding. You may as well be comparing an M1 Abrams Tank to a Yugo.

Some related info:

Pit bulls at top of fatal attacks 20-year study finds kids under 14 suffer 42% of bite injuries -- 3 of 4 involve family pet.

Attacks by pit bulls accounted for about a third of the 238 fatal dog attacks in the United States during a 20-year study, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Pit bulls were blamed for killing 76 people, or 32 percent, during a study of dog attacks from 1979-1998, the study showed. Rottweilers were the second most deadly animal, reportedly killing 44 people, or 18.5 percent, during the same period.

About 4.7 million people are bitten every year by dogs, resulting in about 12 fatalities a year, according to the federal statistics. About 500,000 to 800,000 dog bites require medical treatment annually.

Children, according to the 2000 federal study, are the most vulnerable victims in dog attacks. Those under the age of 14 account for 42 percent of dog bite injuries. The highest rate of injuries was to children between the ages of 5 and 9.

Of the 27 people who died in from dog bites, 19 were children under the age of 15. The animal responsible for 3 out of 4 injuries involving youth under the age of 14 is the family dog.

Janis Bradley, an instructor in the academy for dog trainers at San Francisco's Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, said the number of dog bites pales in comparison to other health threats like car accidents, which claim about 38,000 lives a year. When attacks occur, she said, people rush to criticize some dogs as threats to family safety.

"Prudent measures can be taken to decrease the levels of attacks we do have, but there are many other injuries that present a more important threat to public health," Bradley said. "Almost anything you can think of."

Carl Friedman, director of San Francisco's Animal Care and Control, said that although he does not want to condemn an entire breed, local and national statistics support taking steps to regulate pit bulls, such as mandatory neutering.

"When you have a mauling where a 12-year-old child is killed and when 50 to 60 percent of our hearings for vicious and dangerous animals are for pit bulls, you don't have to be a brain surgeon to see we have a problem with pit bulls," Friedman said

San Fanciso Chronicle

-Quinn

seanj
07-10-2006, 05:58 AM
What you said makes no sense. most pit bulls are owned by caring responsible owners. of course there is a small minority of scum that will take these dogs and train them to be mean and fight. but that is a small minority.

It may be a "small" minority in your little corner of the world, but in the inner city neighborhoods where I do gentrification related investing, they are nearly as common as sagging pants and illiteracy -- with many of them being trained.

As for comparisons between this breed and any other, you have to be kidding. You may as well be comparing an M1 Abrams Tank to a Yugo.

-Quinn

first of all i live in the inner city and have all my life...the backyard breeders and dog fighters are a problem...but they are the ones who should be punished, not the innocent dogs.

and it doesnt sound like you know much about the breed....pits by nature are very people friendly...in fact if you look more into the breed they dont even make good watch dogs because its not in their nature to be viscous towards people or territorial....and you want to advocate exterminating this breed because of a few scumbag owners train them to be viscous :roll:

here is a link to the american temperment society....they test the temperments of all dogs...and pits rate higher than most other breeds.

http://www.atts.org/statistics.htm

seanj
07-10-2006, 06:08 AM
that is some of the most misinformed bullshit i have ever seen.....its really not even worth commenting on but i will.

The facts are pitbulls do NOT have the highest bite rate and score higher on temperament tests than most all dogs.

That bullshit you posted is nothing more than babble.

if you dont like pits that cool...get a golden retriever.....but there is no reason post some bullshit anti pit bull propaganda.

sometimes people with certain agendas take things out of context, twist them around, manipulate cetain facts, ect., all so they can come to a conclusion that is not factual.

if your really interested in getting to know the truth about the american pit bull terrier, take the time to read up on the breed....u will most likely be suprised at what you find.

atltrickster1
07-10-2006, 06:40 AM
Can this thread be moved to another section of the forum as it is off topic? I know you want your post to be seen but please have a little more respect for the forums and its organization...

Quinn
07-10-2006, 06:41 AM

-Quinn

first of all i live in the inner city and have all my life...the backyard breeders and dog fighters are a problem...but they are the ones who should be punished, not the innocent dogs.

and it doesnt sound like you know much about the breed....pits by nature are very people friendly...in fact if you look more into the breed they dont even make good watch dogs because its not in their nature to be viscous towards people or territorial....and you want to advocate exterminating this breed because of a few scumbag owners train them to be viscous :roll:

here is a link to the american temperment society....they test the temperments of all dogs...and pits rate higher than most other breeds.

http://www.atts.org/statistics.htm

If you actually do live in the inner city, which I doubt, then you must know that the problem goes far beyond people training this breed for dog fights. The primary problem is the hoods who train them to be viscous so that they can have a tough dog, not the little bitches who train them for dog fights.

As for "not sounding like I know much about the breed," what less than keen insight do you base that point of view on? Since I have already stated that I agree with your assessment of the breed's temperament, it must be something as arbitrary as my disagreeing with your point of view regarding the ban's imposition. Wow, that really demonstrates a very impressive clarity of thought. LOL....

In the end, any reasonable person knows that legislation designed to punish people who train this breed to be aggressive can't be effectively enforced. Law enforcement authorities have already stated as much, which is why certain municipalities are imposing bans in the first place.

Unfortunately, this breed has largely become just another fashionable weapon for wannabe thugs -- who are its principal buyers. Regarding this commonly held (and accurate) perception, Wikipedia states the following:

American Pit Bull Terriers and APBT-looking dogs are often associated with the urban and hip hop culture, and many young (predominantly male) people purchase them on the grounds of wanting a 'tough dog' — sadly, dogs acquired for such purposes (of any breed) often end up maltrained and in poor health.

You can argue against the factual data contained in the San Francisco Chronicle article, you can argue against a widely held public perception, or you can argue against common sense. Frankly, I'm not terribly interested in discussing this any more tonight either way.

-Quinn

seanj
07-10-2006, 07:03 AM
you wanna talk about clarity of though? lol how bout the words ignorant and misinformed...do they mean anything to you?

if you know anything about nj i have lived in east orange and orange all my life and have spent alot of time in newark....so believe me i know what goes on in the inner city.

the point is that the large majority of pits are owned by families and individuals who love and care for them as part of their family.

you say that you know that pits are friendly good natured dogs....but exterminate them anyway because a few ghetto thugs wanna train them to be viscous.....what kind of logic is that.

i dont wanna go back and forth with this....i posted this here for people who are interested in helping the breed by signing the peitition....you want to ban the breed....fine.

and take a look at this link....its hard to watch but its sheds a little insight into what the apbt has been going through.

http://www.pitbullproblem.tk/

GroobySteven
07-10-2006, 07:22 AM
So Quinn and SeanJ - do you both believe in a handgun ban?
seanchai

seanj
07-10-2006, 07:36 AM
seanchai

i believe in restrictions but not a complete ban.

DJ_Asia
07-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Heres some insight from a former owner of a breed that ate Pits for lunch.

I used to own a 140lb male solid black Cane Corso( http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-05,GGLG:en&q=cane%20corso&sa=N&tab=wi ).They originate from Italy and have a rep for being highly aggresive.They are not recognized by the AKC,which is a blessing,as the AKC prefers to breed the work ethic out of most dogs.

There is an orginazation in US called the American Rare Breed Association(ARBA),who hold shows for rare non AKC breeds.Besides the Corso,you will find other dogs that would make aPit piss his panties..The Presa Canario(Canary Island Fighting dog)Tosa Inu( a150-225 lb silent ring fighter from Japan) Fila Brasileiro or Brasilian Mastino(generally regarded as the msot aggresive breed on earth) Dogue de bordeaux(French Mastino)The
Dogo Argentino(A solid white 120lb.pit looking mastiff from Argentina who hunt jaguars)....and the list continues....All these breeds are considered "hands off" meaning the judge wont touch the animal.If she wants to see the bite structure of a dog she will ask the owner to open the mouth or dewlap for her/him.

On to the point.When I resided in Los Angeles,I lived in a predominant latino area,very near E.LA,and on a regular basis,dudes would roll up while I was walking my dog and say something like.."yo man yo dog is big...wanna fight him against my Pit?"....

I raised my dog since he was 8 weeks old and consideed him my child,and NEVER would I ever fight him.These clowns are idiots,and to find the issue w/ Pits look no further than the gangbangers who have small dick complex and need a little macho boost by fighting their animals.

My dog was never allowed to see anyone walk thru the front door.If I had company he would be put away,the company sat down on the couch and then my dog would enter with me and understand that this person was a welcomed guest.Because of this training he was very protective and highly aggresive towards strangers.
He was the smartest,most obediant,loyal companion I ever knew,and it killed me to put him down after only 8 years due to hip failure.To this day his photos hang on my wall here in Thailand,his ashes are here with me and a tattoo of his name is in the works.

However he was very aggresive w/ other male dogs and men,esp. men of color or in uniforms.He also was a great protector.Once I was walking him w/ a female friend and her male rednose pit(the pit and my dog were best buds...go figure that one) in a wooded park near the Arroyo Seco area of LA and 2 dudes jumped out of a parked semi trailer,their intent wasnt good,however,neither had time to rob or mug us or worse.My dog immediately charged them silently,and only after both men did a quick jump back up into the trailer did he start to go ballistic.His goal was to protect me,and he served his duty well.The Pit arrived a few seconds behind,and my friend and I quickly got the hell outta there.

A law banning Pits is insane.In the wrong hands a Chihauhau would be a mean vicious animal.If you ban Pits thes assholes will just go get a different more aggresive breed,and make the govt. ban those too.

If you wanna solve the problem figure out a way to license owners prior to owning a dog.But banning a cool breed like the Pit is just another example of a short sighted government trying to solve a problem with a stupid solution.

DJ Asia

GroobySteven
07-10-2006, 07:42 AM
seanchai

Ok Fair enough - so Quinn presumbably a complete ban?
seanchai

seanj
07-10-2006, 08:01 AM
A law banning Pits is insane.In the wrong hands a Chihauhau would be a mean vicious animal.If you ban Pits thes assholes will just go get a different more aggresive breed,and make the govt. ban those too.

If you wanna solve the problem figure out a way to license owners prior to owning a dog.But banning a cool breed like the Pit is just another example of a short sighted government trying to solve a problem with a stupid solution.

DJ Asia
its too bad more people dont know the true pit bull...they have this preconcieved notion that pits are these viscous killing machines just waiting to atack anything in its path...when in fact pits have been bread from the begining, back in the early 1800s, with a strong bite inhibition towards humans and were known for their loving devotion and trustworthy nature with humans.

heres just a couple of the myths about pit bulls.....

MYTH: All Pit Bulls are mean and vicious.

It is reported on temperament tests conducted by the American Temperament Test Society that Pit Bulls had a passing rate of 82% or better -- compared to only 77% of the general dog population.

These temperament tests consist of putting a dog through a series of unexpected situations, some involving strangers.

Any signs of unprovoked aggression or panic in these situations result in failure of the test. The achievement of Pit Bulls in this study disproves that they are inherently aggressive to people. (Please visit ATTS.org)

MYTH: A Pit Bull that shows aggression towards an animal will go for people next.

"Many working breeds have antipathy towards other animals - coonhounds go mad at the sight of a raccoon, foxhounds will not hesitate to tear a dog-like fox to shreds, greyhounds live to chase and maul rabbits and even dog-like coyotes. Even the ever-friendly beagle will slaughter a rabbit, given the chance.

And yet the greyhound, coon and foxhound and beagle are among the friendliest of breeds towards humans. And it is the same with the pit bulldog. His work through the years has been control of other animals - never humans. A correct pit bull is more often than not submissive toward all humans, and adores children.

MYTH: American Pit Bull Terriers lock their jaws.

Dr. Brisbin: "The few studies which have been conducted of the structure of the skulls, mandibles and teeth of pit bulls show that, in proportion to their size, their jaw structure and thus its inferred functional morphology, is no different than that of any breed of dog.

There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of any kind of "locking mechanism" unique to the structure of the jaw and/or teeth of the American Pit Bull Terrier.

MacShreach
07-10-2006, 01:14 PM
uh-huh.

http://www.city-journal.org/html/9_2_scared_of_pit.html

seanj
07-10-2006, 03:29 PM
I love my friend's two Pits, but I've known them since they were puppies. Generally though, I don't trust them. Too many of them have been raised by sociopaths.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2002/03/22/dogmaulgallery.DTL

thats too bad.....when you say that you dont trut them are you talking about your friends 2 dogs? or you dont trust pits in general?

Quinn
07-10-2006, 04:18 PM
seanchai

Ok Fair enough - so Quinn presumbably a complete ban?
seanchai

Seanchai, you've, in effect, used an analogy that I had thought of using myself. We've talked about gun laws a couple of times on here before, and I am in favor of a right to own them, much as I am in favor of people owning dogs (stats about living longer, etc.). However, like the restrictions placed on certain classifications of firearms that have become popular with inner city thugs (tech-9s, etc.), I am in favor of restricting access to certain breeds of dog that have become popular with said individuals for the same reason: perceived lethality.

So far as any outright ban is concerned, I would much rather see a regulated system involving permits to own certain breeds of dogs – in specific municipalities – where they have become overly prevalent for the wrong reasons (the Bronx for example). Unfortunately, the cost of implementing this type of strictly regulated system far exceeds – both in financial cost and administrative overhead – the cost of an outright ban. Given a choice between an outright ban and no restrictions, I would have to support the outright ban.

-Quinn

DamionXXX
07-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Я Люблю Вас Ulyana, я Люблю только Вас ... теперь и для остальной части моей жизни.

seanj
07-10-2006, 05:00 PM
2005 American Temperament Test Results
Pit Bulls are often victims of prejudice and discrimination. Responsible Pit Bull owners and their dogs will help restore the image of the breed.

In 2005 at the American Temperament Test, Pit Bull dogs achieved a combined passing score of 83.8%.

American Pit Bull Terrier: 515 tested 83.5% passed
American Staffordshire Terrier: 503 tested 83.3% passed
Staffordshire Bull Terrier: 59 tested 84.7% passed
Total 1077 tested 83.8% passed

To put this in perspective, consider:

All Breeds: 26,615 tested 81.2% passed
Collie: 801 tested 79.0% passed
Golden Retriever: 679 tested 83.7% passed

Pit Bulls Make Great Partners!

To Learn More About the American Temperament Test Society Click Here

About Canine Temperament

Because of breed-specific dog legislation and negative publicity associated with many breeds of dogs, temperament testing has assumed an important role for today's dog fancier. The American Temperament Test provides breeders a means for evaluating temperament and gives pet owners insight into their dog's behavior. It can have an impact on breeding programs and in educating owners about their dog's behavioral strengths and weaknesses as well as providing a positive influence on dog legislation.

What is temperament?

W. Handel, German Police Dog Trainer, in his article, "The Psychological Basis of Temperament Testing," defines temperament as:"the sum total of all inborn and acquired physical and mental traits and talents which
determines, forms and regulates behavior in the environment"

The ATTS test focuses on and measures different aspects of temperament such as stability, shyness, aggressiveness, and friendliness as well as the dog's instinct for protectiveness towards its handler and/or self-preservation in the face of a threat. The test is designed for the betterment of all breeds of dogs and takes into consideration each breed's inherent tendencies.

The test simulates a casual walk through the park or neighborhood where everyday life situations are encountered. During this walk, the dog experiences visual, auditory and tactile stimuli. Neutral, friendly and threatening situations are encountered, calling into play the dog's ability to distinguish between non-threatening situations and those calling for watchful and protective reactions.

Quinn
07-10-2006, 05:01 PM
you wanna talk about clarity of though? lol how bout the words ignorant and misinformed...do they mean anything to you?

LMAO… In the future, when seeking to refute someone’s assertion that your point lacks clarity of thought, it might help your argument if you can first properly spell “thought.” Furthermore, when throwing out implications that one is “ignorant,” you might want to first look at your own semi-literate presentation.

So far as being “misinformed” is concerned, you have yet to put forth an even remotely cogent argument regarding the statistically proven issues with the APBT. The research backing the San Francisco Chronicle’s article was thorough, accurate, and extensive. Contrary to your assertion that it represents “bullshit anti pit bull propaganda,” the study in question wasn’t even focused on the APBT. As such, your assertion is simply ridiculous. Oh, and for what it’s worth, the pictures you keep posting are the very definition of propaganda. Once again, excellent clarity of thought.

i dont wanna go back and forth with this....i posted this here for people who are interested in helping the breed by signing the peitition....you want to ban the breed....fine.

Agreed. However, in the future, if you want to put forth poorly supported points without having them challenged, stick to talking to your dog.

-Quinn

DJ_Asia
07-10-2006, 05:31 PM
uh-huh.

The key sentence here is

"After a rash of unsettling incidents—including a tornado of eight unleashed pit bulls swirling across the park and the savage mangling of our neighbor's small mutt by another loose pit bull—we decided this was no place for a baby, and we left."

The criminal isnt the dog(s),its the morons who unleash them and allow them to terrorize a neighborhood.
These guys make big $ off of fighting their dogs,of course only if they have the biggest meanest most destructive dog in the ring.So how do they do this you maybe wondering.
You start by giving the dog ultra hot pepper sauce in their food at a very early age.Then after that,you bump them up to gunpowder in their food(I shit you not)...then after they have hit about 10 months you start pumping them full of testosterone and other steroids.you add in a healthy dose of abuse and when you want to give your animal a little fight training you tie a mutt to a tree and turn him loose and give a sense of what he is supposed to do to other dogs.
Fact of the matter is you take this formula and use it on ANY breed and you willl have a vicious dog on your hands.Sadly once a dog becomes like this there is little chance of un corruptiing him.But to lump all pits into the same class as these abused and unsupervised animals is stupid,uninformed and naive to reality.

Eradicate the abusive dog owner snd your problem is solved.

MacShreach
07-10-2006, 06:19 PM
uh-huh.

The key sentence here is

"After a rash of unsettling incidents—including a tornado of eight unleashed pit bulls swirling across the park and the savage mangling of our neighbor's small mutt by another loose pit bull—we decided this was no place for a baby, and we left."

The criminal isnt the dog(s),its the morons who unleash them and allow them to terrorize a neighborhood.
These guys make big $ off of fighting their dogs,of course only if they have the biggest meanest most destructive dog in the ring.So how do they do this you maybe wondering.
You start by giving the dog ultra hot pepper sauce in their food at a very early age.Then after that,you bump them up to gunpowder in their food(I shit you not)...then after they have hit about 10 months you start pumping them full of testosterone and other steroids.you add in a healthy dose of abuse and when you want to give your animal a little fight training you tie a mutt to a tree and turn him loose and give a sense of what he is supposed to do to other dogs.
Fact of the matter is you take this formula and use it on ANY breed and you willl have a vicious dog on your hands.Sadly once a dog becomes like this there is little chance of un corruptiing him.But to lump all pits into the same class as these abused and unsupervised animals is stupid,uninformed and naive to reality.

I agree that there are no bad dogs, only bad owners, but all the bull-terriers are very difficult dogs to keep and prone to developing bad habits, aggression being one of them, even without the aids you describe. A dog like that needs a LOT of attention and exercise, and most of the zingos that own them don't bother (might wear out their $250 snaekers.....)

At the bit, a tough selective owner-licensing system is the fairest answer, but it's so expensive it's out, as Quinn says. I do feel sorry for the legit owners especially because the goonos will inevitably find something else to pervert.

MacShreach
07-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Actually I have been attacked more often by collies than any other breed, and in a passing conversation with my postie this morning after I read the first post, he agreed!

seanj
07-10-2006, 06:49 PM
[quote=MacShreach]uh-huh.

yes the dog is the one who is the victim in all of this. if it was in their nature to go around attacking and biting people then the dog is the problem. but thats not the case. it is the dog owner who does these things to the dog to make them vicious. your right, this could be done with any breed. to do this to a pit, who is already stonger, quicker, more muscular, more athletic than other breeds, makes things than much worse. the fact is the the pit bulls are not only the physical specimins that other dogs are not, they also have a better temperment and are less likely to bite a person than other breeds. remember that from the begining this dog was a strong bite inhibition towards humans.

it can get very frustrating to argue these points to people who dont care to know the truth or are just too ignorant to comprehend the problem. most of these people have their own agenda and could care less about the dog. the most over the top thing ive heard was someone saying that pits are good dogs but they should be exterminated anyway because a few abusive dog owners can turn them vicious...unbelievable...but these are the kind of morons that pit bulls and their families deal with and face the prejudice everyday.

http://www.pitbullproblem.tk/

DamionXXX
07-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Я Люблю Вас Ulyana, я Люблю только Вас ... теперь и для остальной части моей жизни.

chefmike
07-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Actually I have been attacked more often by collies than any other breed, and in a passing conversation with my postie this morning after I read the first post, he agreed!

That's interesting, I've owned two collie's in the past, and while they are great family dogs, they do tend to be territorial...mine were aggressive toward other dogs, mail and delivery men, and also loved to chase cars on the quiet street that I grew up on...but I still think that they're a wonderful breed and make great family pets...as long as you have a big yard with a high fence...

seanj
07-10-2006, 07:22 PM
I love my friend's two Pits, but I've known them since they were puppies. Generally though, I don't trust them. Too many of them have been raised by sociopaths.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2002/03/22/dogmaulgallery.DTL

thats too bad.....when you say that you dont trut them are you talking about your friends 2 dogs? or you dont trust pits in general?No. My friend's two pits adore me, and I know it. What I'm saying is that I don't trust the average owner of the breed. It's been my experience that pit owners sometimes have questionable motives for aquiring their dogs. And, of course, a dogs' temperment is usually a direct reflection of their owner's. In my friend's case, that's a good thing. However, when a pit's been raised by a gangbanger, a skinhead, a biker, or a klansman, there's a very good chance that the dog is dangerous and/or a little nuts. And, unfortunately, those are not such uncommon scenarios in south FL.

that is true...some of these owners want a dog that is a vicous, tough looking dog....they seek out pits, rots, dobies,german sheppards, mastifs,ect.....they could take a golden retriever and do the same thing but of course that just wouldnt cut it.
the only thing i would say is that the majority of pit owners are not that way...they are like your friend...and most of these dogs are part of loving caring famalies....but the gang bangers, thugs and dog fighters do play a big part in damaging the image of an otherwise great breed.

take a look at this......http://www.pitbullproblem.tk/

seanj
07-10-2006, 07:44 PM
i

seanj, for starters, u lose all credibility when u post cute lil pictures of dogs with silly captions about we are not itty bitty monsters, aww...if u have logic and reasoning on ur side, why not post some pictures of children getting torn apart by vicious pits .

i'm trying my best right now not to call you out for that moronic bull shit you posted... i'm not gonna do it because then this entire thread would get deleted and the more evolved on the board wouldnt be able to sign the petition.

if u wanna chat feel free to pm me or i can give u my email address.

in a 10 year study the APBT was found to be responsible for only 2.8% of dog bites. the APBT also ranks ahead of most breeds in temperment tests administed by the American Temperment Society.

Pit Bulls are often victims of prejudice and discrimination. Responsible Pit Bull owners and their dogs will help restore the image of the breed.

In 2005 at the American Temperament Test, Pit Bull dogs achieved a combined passing score of 83.8%.

About Canine Temperament

Because of breed-specific dog legislation and negative publicity associated with many breeds of dogs, temperament testing has assumed an important role for today's dog fancier. The American Temperament Test provides breeders a means for evaluating temperament and gives pet owners insight into their dog's behavior. It can have an impact on breeding programs and in educating owners about their dog's behavioral strengths and weaknesses as well as providing a positive influence on dog legislation.

What is temperament?

W. Handel, German Police Dog Trainer, in his article, "The Psychological Basis of Temperament Testing," defines temperament as:"the sum total of all inborn and acquired physical and mental traits and talents which

The ATTS test focuses on and measures different aspects of temperament such as stability, shyness, aggressiveness, and friendliness as well as the dog's instinct for protectiveness towards its handler and/or self-preservation in the face of a threat. The test is designed for the betterment of all breeds of dogs and takes into consideration each breed's inherent tendencies.

The test simulates a casual walk through the park or neighborhood where everyday life situations are encountered. During this walk, the dog experiences visual, auditory and tactile stimuli. Neutral, friendly and threatening situations are encountered, calling into play the dog's ability to distinguish between non-threatening situations and those calling for watchful and protective reactions.

Quinn
07-10-2006, 07:45 PM

That's interesting, I've owned two collie's in the past, and while they are great family dogs, they do tend to be territorial...mine were aggressive toward other dogs, mail and delivery men, and also loved to chase cars on the quiet street that I grew up on...but I still think that they're a wonderful breed and make great family pets...as long as you have a big yard with a high fence...

LMAO... The first dog I was ever attacked by was a Collie. I was an 8-year old at a plant nursery with my mother when it attacked without provocation. The Collie chewed me up for close to a minute before people were able to get it away. Fortunately, they're not strongest of dogs. Otherwise, I might have been seriously hurt (I only had a few bites on my arms, one leg, and my back).

Oh, and before I forget, WELCOME BACK TO ACTIVE POSTING, J.

-Quinn

DJ_Asia
07-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Just to show a little contrast here...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h225/irezumigirl/various/89a37ac5.jpg

Wanna pet Big Vinnie's pit? ;)

Great Pic!!!

I think you people are missing a major point here.There are so many dogs out there much stronger,bigger,faster and lethal than Pits.Fortunately thugs who own pits are sheep and follow the herd.God forbid they actually ever do some research and get a truly powerful manstopping dog.

Nobody is crying out for the banishment of the Presa Canario,120 lbs of bad ass animal.I got news I'd take my chances w/ a pit anyday over a Presa.Fortunately nobody is backyard breeding,and if they are the quality is shat.You cant get a champion Presa for under 1500.00,so they are cost prohibitive.But the avg. pit is 50-70lbs the presais 120..do the math....Pits are just ghetto fabulous sadly.

As far as manstopping power,speed,bite and other factors most police forces are turning to the Belgian Malinois...lets see how long it is before the gangsters figure that one out.

DJ Asia

InHouston
07-10-2006, 07:51 PM
i can tell you that the pit bull is one of the friendlies, most loyal, loving, family dog there is...

Whatever! You want some real information about pit bulls? I was out jogging one night, and someone's friendly little pit bull come charging out of the trees after me snarling and about to leap on me, and for no other reason than just because I happened to jog by. I reared back and kicked that bastard in the mouth so hard that I knocked him clean out. I got so angry at the thought of almost being mauled by him that I stomped his head and chest in the concrete for good measure. I kept jogging, and don't know if he ever woke up, and nor did I care. That was out of pure hatred for those jackals! I hate them dogs, and everything they represent, with a passion.

The pit bull is a stupid, ghetto, ugly ass, vicious mutt. I personally wouldn't mind a law that grants citizens the right to shoot them on sight. They're a menace and are popularized and promoted by the gangster Hip Hop culture. Take your petition and shove it up your ass you moron. I can't believe you would even be a proponent for pit bull rights.

seanj
07-10-2006, 08:01 PM
yeah pits can be pretty tough looking....but that has nothing to do with their outstanding temperment and the fact that they make great family pets.

DJ_Asia
07-10-2006, 08:03 PM
ide rather err on the side of caution and dissalow ownership of all potentially dangerous pets...the statement that even a tiny dog can be dangerous in the wrong hands is really silly......

Nobody is gonna tell me what kind of breed of dog I can own.What is dangerous?? You start allowing government to dictate to you the definition of dangerous and before you know it we'll have a nation full of Maltese's,MinPin's and Toy Poodles.

Personally I dont own a gun,however if I ever decide to move back to the states,I will reinvest in a large powerful manstopping dog.I sleep better at night knowing I have 140 lbs of attitude willing to die for me snoring on the end of my bed (and im not talking about my g/f either :D )
That being said,it comes with great responsibility and care to ensure safety for others when owning an alpha breed,a duty and responsibilty I willingly accept.
As far as tiny dogs not being mean and dangerous you obviously have never met my dads little shit dog..will tear your throat out if u go anywhere near his food!

hondarobot
07-10-2006, 08:15 PM
its so obvious who is logical, using his brains and being fair here and who is tugging emotionally with blatant disregard for anything said countering his opinion...

well done quinn...

seanj, for starters, u lose all credibility when u post cute lil pictures of dogs with silly captions about we are not itty bitty monsters, aww...if u have logic and reasoning on ur side, why not post some pictures of children getting torn apart by vicious pits to counterbalance the baby pit ones? eh? quinn isnt doing that, when in all fairness, to emphasize his points he should...secondly, ur rambling and unfairly getting personal with quinn, while he is being overly sensitive to the issue and simply using logic and stats...so u lose on presentation and style...

as for the subject at hand, there are neighborhoods in nyc that once had thriving dog parks where all breeds ran around and played, but now theyre barron except for some vicious pitts roaming the area with their equally menacing owners...yes, pitts have ruined entire neighborhoods and owners of small dogs are petrified to have their dogs shredded...sad, but reality...im a huge dog lover, i truly love dogs, but i would NOT move into a building that allowed pitts...bottom line, we cannot moniter or regulate owners and ensure they properly and lovingly raise their pitts, thus, while its a no win situation, ide rather err on the side of caution and dissalow ownership of all potentially dangerous pets...the statement that even a tiny dog can be dangerous in the wrong hands is really silly...airlines, since 9/11, dont allow weapons on board, for obvious reasons, but like goerge carlin says, hell u can beat the hell out of a pilot with a sunday NY Times...hell if u had really big hands u can choke a flight attendant with each hand...of course, anything can be dangerous, but if we are to draw a line, it clearly falls somewhere between a lion and a poodle, and in my opinion the line seperates the poodle and pitt...

hey, if u had a new neighbor, wearin a rag, tattoos all over who drove an el camino and moved in next door in ur building with a barking pitt, and ur 3 year old wandered into the hallway unattended youde feel comfy? if ur parenting skills are on par with ur arguing ones then u probably would...i would be mortified and probably move asap...

either way, its a debate that can fairly be argued with no need for personal attacks, i simply made them since ur trying to portray quinn or anyone who doesnt share ur view as some hatefull insensitive moron who doesnt understand anything and is twisting stats to suit their evil desire to kill baby doggies...thats not fair...as a dog owner, and lover, of course it hurts me to see innocent dogs effected by a measure, but it hurts me even more if just one child gets hurt due to restrictions, i feel justifiable, not put in place...

Hey! J's back, about damn time. I don't have anything else to add to this thread, because I just don't like dogs. Cats are much more sophisticated, in my opinion, although they admittedly serve no purpose.

Cats are essentially domesticated squirrels, but who doesn't like squirrels?

Although if there was a breed of aggressive, trained "attack" house cat, I'd probably get one or two. I'd sit around like Odin surrounded by his wolves. I'd invite people over, unleash the beasts, then drink mead from one of those hollowed horn, viking type thingys. An odd form of entertainment, but it would be pretty fun.

The two cats I have are pretty much the laziest two beings in the universe, from what I've seen. They literally do nothing all day.

:)

hondarobot
07-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Hehe at the Herzog movie reference, Arianna. I still haven't seen that, and it's by all accounts a pretty horrible deal (at least what happened to the girl), but from what I've heard and read, that guy deserved to be eaten by bears.

I'm in no way advocating that nutjobs should be eaten by bears, but this guy seemed like a complete lunatic. I have to watch the movie, maybe tomarrow.

seanj
07-10-2006, 10:22 PM
seanj, did u read inhoustons post? thats exactly how u sound but on the other side of the issue...

if this was an abortion debate u would be the one trying to dissalow jerking off since ur killing millions of potential babies, and youde probably be posting cute lil images of smiling sperm, where hede be advocating the right of mothers to bash their babies skulls in so long as its still attached to the umbilical cord...ur both extremists...

as for ur stats and arguments, fair and great that ur finally reverting to logic and real issues not silly pics and emotional tugs...theres no need for personal attacks nor implications on either end...it boils down to me and some others believing that potentially dangerous dogs should not be allowed as pets since we dont know or cant guage how they were reared, and u fealing that a few (the number is debateable) bad pet owners shouldnt ruin it for the rest of us...a fair argument...as for seanchai's analogy of guns and how its really their owners usage of them thats pertinent, its an attenuated one to me since guns dont have legs and teeth and cant roam around unsupervised and rip kids apart...a gun is harmless unless it has a finger on the trigger, whereas a poorly raised dog is a danger even if the owner drops dead...

as for PMing u or emailing u, i have no problems discussing or debating anything privately or publicly, im just curious as to why youde want to leave a public forum where u can perhaps persuade people who dont share ur opinion of the veracity of ur position...

of course i am going to post "cute" pics and puppy pics....because for the most part people dont see that side of the pit bull....they only see and hear about some viscous pit mauling an innocent person.

as for personal attacks....i started this thread to shed some light on a serious issue....this idiot comes on here and says that he knows pits are wonderful dogs but exterminate them anyway because a small minority of scumbag owners train them to be viscous....my reply was that logic doesnt make sense and gave the reasons it doesnt...then he attacked me.....most pit bulls are owned by responsible people who know the true nature of this loving, devoted , trustworthy breed....and i'm supposed to let some moron who says he knows the dog is good tell me they shoud be exterminated? no... this is a very emotional issue for people like myself who know the breed well and know their true nature.

and you said dogs that are potentially dangerous should not be allowed as pets??? all dogs are potentially dangerous. If pitbulls are banned they will just move on to another breed., There are alot of big toughbreeds out there. I hopethe idiots have alot of time on hand. They are going to be passing laws on dogs for a long long time.

i posted it earlier and ill do it again....temperment is the dogs inborn and acquired physical and mental traits which help to define how it will behave.....and the APBT scored higher than most other breeds.

i had a couple of pm from people on the board saying that i should not let the assholes on the board get to me and that they signed the petition.....thats all i wanted so its all good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Canine Temperament

What is temperament?

hondarobot
07-10-2006, 10:31 PM
seanj, did u read inhoustons post? thats exactly how u sound but on the other side of the issue...

if this was an abortion debate u would be the one trying to dissalow jerking off since ur killing millions of potential babies, and youde probably be posting cute lil images of smiling sperm, where hede be advocating the right of mothers to bash their babies skulls in so long as its still attached to the umbilical cord...ur both extremists...

as for ur stats and arguments, fair and great that ur finally reverting to logic and real issues not silly pics and emotional tugs...theres no need for personal attacks nor implications on either end...it boils down to me and some others believing that potentially dangerous dogs should not be allowed as pets since we dont know or cant guage how they were reared, and u fealing that a few (the number is debateable) bad pet owners shouldnt ruin it for the rest of us...a fair argument...as for seanchai's analogy of guns and how its really their owners usage of them thats pertinent, its an attenuated one to me since guns dont have legs and teeth and cant roam around unsupervised and rip kids apart...a gun is harmless unless it has a finger on the trigger, whereas a poorly raised dog is a danger even if the owner drops dead...

as for PMing u or emailing u, i have no problems discussing or debating anything privately or publicly, im just curious as to why youde want to leave a public forum where u can perhaps persuade people who dont share ur opinion of the veracity of ur position...

of course i am going to post "cute" pics and puppy pics....because for the most part people dont see that side of the pit bull....they only see and hear about some viscous pit mauling an innocent person.

as for personal attacks....i started this thread to shed some light on a serious issue....this idiot comes on here and says that he knows pits are wonderful dogs but exterminate them anyway because a small minority of scumbag owners train them to be viscous....my reply was that logic doesnt make sense and gave the reasons it doesnt...then he attacked me.....most pit bulls are owned by responsible people who know the true nature of this loving, devoted , trustworthy breed....and i'm supposed to let some moron who says he knows the dog is good tell me they shoud be exterminated? no... this is a very emotional issue for people like myself who know the breed well and know their true nature.

and you said dogs that are potentially dangerous should not be allowed as pets??? all dogs are potentially dangerous. If pitbulls are banned they will just move on to another breed., There are alot of big toughbreeds out there. I hopethe idiots have alot of time on hand. They are going to be passing laws on dogs for a long long time.

i posted it earlier and ill do it again....temperment is the dogs inborn and acquired physical and mental traits which help to define how it will behave.....and the APBT scored higher than most other breeds.

i had a couple of pm from people on the board saying that i should not let the assholes on the board get to me and that they signed the petition.....thats all i wanted so its all good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Canine Temperament

What is temperament?

Oh for fucks sake. This Pit Bull thing or whatever it is, has officially jumped the shark. Not my place to say, but who really cares anymore?

I'd nominate seanj for the No-Prize, but Stan Lee doesn't post here (as far as I know).

chefmike
07-10-2006, 11:07 PM
The other thing that makes Pit Bulls a little different is, there are now countless generations of them among us that were bred specifically for their ruthless nature and physical power; not their friendly side. The gangbangers don't care about winning dog shows. Those assholes will often keep the meanest, toughest, brother and sister pups from a litter, and encourage them to fuck. Fighting Pits are sometimes allowed to grow up cannibalizing each other in outdoor pens. I mean, that's not exactly a popular phenomenon with, say... beagle breeders.

You bring up an important issue...overbreeding is a big problem amongst almost all breeds, due to people's desire for a "purebred" dog only...it leads to many genetic problems like hip dysplasia...but more importantly...puppy mills lead to more dogs being put to sleep...if you really love dogs, forget your ego and go to your local animal shelter and adopt one...or two...there are are also foster programs where you can save an dog from being put to sleep by keeping it until a permanent owner is found...

EDIT: If you can walk in to any animal shelter, and look at all those dogs (and cats) who only long for a loving home, and you don't get a lump in your throat (or tears in your eyes)...then you are one heartless motherfucker...

hondarobot
07-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Hehehe.

I'm in favor of better training of dogs. Who wouldn't be?

CaliBoy951
07-11-2006, 12:48 AM
I find it interesting that there are so many "experts" in here about dogs. In my opninion, all pitbulls should be banned...period! If anybody is in here from San Diego, you will remember the little girl and her dog that was attacked by the neighbors pitbull.
Not only was I there, I almost went to jail for trying to shoot the pitbull. I was on abc, cbs, and fox tv.
So, go ahead and tell the world what great dogs they are, and I will gladly share my pictures of a mangled little girl, and her dead dog.
The only good Pitbull is a dead one, or at least use them for animal testing.

seanj
07-11-2006, 12:52 AM
I find it interesting that there are so many "experts" in here about dogs. In my opninion, all pitbulls should be banned...period! If anybody is in here from San Diego, you will remember the little girl and her dog that was attacked by the neighbors pitbull.
Not only was I there, I almost went to jail for trying to shoot the pitbull. I was on abc, cbs, and fox tv.
So, go ahead and tell the world what great dogs they are, and I will gladly share my pictures of a mangled little girl, and her dead dog.
The only good Pitbull is a dead one, or at least use them for animal testing.

you know what....fuck you!!!! you piece of shit, ignorant, dickhead.

your mama should be used for animal testing

Quinn
07-11-2006, 01:05 AM
i dont wanna go back and forth with this....i posted this here for people who are interested in helping the breed by signing the peitition
Really, then why do you keep attempting to bring me back into this:

as for personal attacks....i started this thread to shed some light on a serious issue....this idiot comes on here and says that he knows pits are wonderful dogs but exterminate them anyway because a small minority of scumbag owners train them to be viscous....
Look, stupid, I was willing to leave this alone, but since you obviously do want to go back and forth on this, I’m in the mood for a couple of laughs. To begin with, you might want to “bone up” on your English skills. “Viscous,” a word you keep using, is an adjective meaning the following: having a relatively high resistance to flow. Now, I could be wrong, but I don’t think that this has any relevance to the APBT. In the future, you might want to consider substituting this word: V-I-C-I-O-U-S. You might, at some point, also want to invest in a good dictionary.

One last thing, and try to pay attention this time, literacy boy. You’ve posted that “he knows pits are wonderful dogs but exterminate them anyway.” At what point have I ever stated that I support “exterminating” the APBT? Oh, that’s right, I haven’t, have I? Though I’m sure this concept will truly tax your limited comprehension, supporting the targeted application of breed specific legislation is not the same thing as calling for a breed’s extermination.

So, what’s next, genius?

-Quinn

seanj
07-11-2006, 02:46 AM
i dont wanna go back and forth with this....i posted this here for people who are interested in helping the breed by signing the peitition
Really, then why do you keep attempting to bring me back into this:

as for personal attacks....i started this thread to shed some light on a serious issue....this idiot comes on here and says that he knows pits are wonderful dogs but exterminate them anyway because a small minority of scumbag owners train them to be viscous....
Look, stupid, I was willing to leave this alone, but since you obviously do want to go back and forth on this, I’m in the mood for a couple of laughs. To begin with, you might want to “bone up” on your English skills. “Viscous,” a word you keep using, is an adjective meaning the following: having a relatively high resistance to flow. Now, I could be wrong, but I don’t think that this has any relevance to the APBT. In the future, you might want to consider substituting this word: V-I-C-I-O-U-S. You might, at some point, also want to invest in a good dictionary.

One last thing, and try to pay attention this time, literacy boy. You’ve posted that “he knows pits are wonderful dogs but exterminate them anyway.” At what point have I ever stated that I support “exterminating” the APBT? Oh, that’s right, I haven’t, have I? Though I’m sure this concept will truly tax your limited comprehension, supporting the targeted application of breed specific legislation is not the same thing as calling for a breed’s extermination.

So, what’s next, genius?

-Quinn

listen you dumb fuck...i dont spell check my post...a word was spelled wrong...so what.

and try to comprehend this point if you can.... placing a ban on a breed of dog is basically giving them a death sentence...this has already been happening in denver....a couple of these dogs may be lucky enough to find homes but most will be put down....do you understand that genius???

your the one who attacked me....and your the one who wants to jump in here and have to have the last word....like a little fuckin kid.

like i said i have already gotten a number of pm's telling me i shouldnt let the assholes on the board get to me and that they signed the petition....that what i wanted.

so know why dont you go back to something you do well like posting closeup picks of shemale dick. leave issues like this for people who have atleast an ounce of common sense and intellegence.

chefmike
07-11-2006, 02:51 AM
You bring up an important issue...overbreeding is a big problem amongst almost all breeds, due to people's desire for a "purebred" dog only...it leads to many genetic problems like hip dysplasia...but more importantly...puppy mills lead to more dogs being put to sleep...if you really love dogs, forget your ego and go to your local animal shelter and adopt one...or two...there are are also foster programs where you can save an dog from being put to sleep by keeping it until a permanent owner is found...

EDIT: If you can walk in to any animal shelter, and look at all those dogs (and cats) who only long for a loving home, and you don't get a lump in your throat (or tears in your eyes)...then you are one heartless motherfucker...I agree. My friend got an awesome dog that way. It looks like a pure Australian Shepherd, which is a pretty cool breed.

Thanks, Ari...there are many beautiful dogs at the shelters...even if you're opposed to so-called mutts (which can be some of the most loyal, and fiercely protective dogs out there)...my sister adopted/rescued a gorgeous bluetick hound last year from a shelter...
There are countless dogs that can avoid the gas chamber if people give them a home...

Just check online with your local animal shelters where you live...

seanj
07-11-2006, 03:06 AM
seanj, ur true colors show, acting like an asshole and flying off the handle isnt excusable simply because ur passionate about a topic...and while a few people may have signed ur petition, anyone on the fence on this one u probably lost...it appears to fair minded people that the logical caring people are not on ur side and ur a fringe sympathetic but not a credible source for stats or truth regarding the breed...

listen man you asked me a question and answered it....i posted stats and information that show why bsl is wrong.... dont sign the petition, thats fine...if you google the topic you will see that there is already a great deal of support on the side of the pit.

and if someone says to me that the only good pit is a dead pit and that the only thing they are good for is animal research....your damn right i'm gonna fly off the handle.....wtf .....should i say, well i respectfully disagree with your statement....please

by the way since you are in favor of banning the pit....will you then also be in favor of banning the rot, german sheppard, doberman, chow, ect?....because those dogs would be next in line for the dog fighters, thugs, and dog abusers......and believe me, in the wrong hands, all of those dogs pose a much greater threat to people than the pit.

chefmike
07-11-2006, 03:19 AM
so know why dont you go back to something you do well like posting closeup picks of shemale dick. leave issues like this for people who have atleast an ounce of common sense and intellegence.

LMAO...no doubt about it...Quinn is notorious for posting "jailhouse beast" cock-monster pics...

And I think that I recall a certain Ruby Tuesday's diva bragging about her pit puppy...now there's a shocker...case closed, people... :roll:

seanj
07-11-2006, 03:25 AM
supporting the targeted application of breed specific legislation is not the same thing as calling for a breed’s extermination. Seanj, I think this thread is almost a goner at this point... ;)

arianna, thats cool...some people are not gonna change their views no matter how hard the truth hits them in the face...but thats fine... more people signed the petition and thats really all i wanted.

Quinn
07-11-2006, 03:51 AM
listen you dumb fuck...i dont spell
LOL… I’ve noticed.

While I would generally agree that spelling isn’t that important, when you call someone else an idiot, ignorant, a moron, or anything similar, it generally helps if you can first demonstrate a level of literacy approaching that of a 6th grader. Otherwise, you just come off looking like a hypocrite who projects his own shortcomings upon others. Nicely done, stupid!

leave issues like this for people who have atleast an ounce of common sense and intellegence.
In what is perhaps the greatest of ironies, you actually managed to misspell “intelligence” when talking smack about being intelligent. ROTFLMAO…

so know why dont you go back to something you do well like posting closeup picks of shemale dick.
Uh, OK…. You clearly have as much command of this issue as you do of both the English language and your own inane thought process. Find one close up pick of a transsexual cock posted by me. Of course, you won’t be able to because, once again, you are talking out of your illiterate ass.

and try to comprehend this point if you can.... placing a ban on a breed of dog is basically giving them a death sentence...this has already been happening in denver....a couple of these dogs may be lucky enough to find homes but most will be put down....do you understand that genius???
So, what you’re really saying is that you couldn’t produce anything stating that I support the extermination of the APBT as a breed – like you stated. That’s what I thought, dumb ass. Seriously, you’re making this too easy. Try and at least get one thing right.

your the one who attacked me....and your the one who wants to jump in here and have to have the last word....like a little fuckin kid.
LMAO.. Seriously, are you sure you're not some passive-aggressive teenage girl? Why don’t you go back and read the thread – then try taking some responsibility for your actions, like a man. As for getting the last word in, I let it go, but then you had to post shots at me, so now you can deal with that too. It’s either that or you can continue whining about it like a little girl. Either way, now, I’ll continue to comment on this until making you look like the fool you so obviously are ceases to amuse me.

-Quinn

CaliBoy951
07-11-2006, 05:43 AM
seanj,
You need to get back to your village, because they are missing there idiot. Dude, you are the poster child for "dumb ass". As far as getting into a pissing contest with, I dont need to, because the entire HungAngels membership have already seen what a simple minded person you are. If my words are to big for you let me know and I will rewrite this post using much simpler words.
I shared what happened to my neighbor, and what I thought...period.
Oh yeah, what does all this stuff have to do with what this site is all about?

P.S. Seanj, when you bring up the "momma" stuff, either you are underage, or really really simple minded. Seanj I volunteer every year for the special olympics, do we know each other?

DJ_Asia
07-11-2006, 06:13 AM
enough bitching and name calling already......

The last time I checked there were bans on:

fully auto weapons
Crack Cocaine
Heroin
and pretty much thousands of other delightful toys,yet you can still get them from your local thug,gangster,biker,neo nazi,Crip,Blood,Mexican Mafia....blah blah.

Fact is if you put this ban into effect,the only ones hurt are the dogs themselves and the only people who SHOULD have the right to own them,law abiding,responsible dog owners...the gangbangers will still breed away.NEXT TOPIC PLEASE!

tommytuu
07-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Seanj, It may have been said already but I don't have time to read every single post in this thread. I'm a dog owner as well and although no dog is born violent, we know how they become that way. Look, ghetto jackass wannabe thugs are the reason we have leash laws. You can't regulate them because when their dog attacks a civilian, they fuckin run. Worse yet, no one tells on them because of fear. They fuck it up for everyone. I'm for taking the weapon away from them. Just recently a pit attacked another dog in my neighborhood, and the owner was some nasty stoned bitch. Check this out, my dog is a very exotic breed and in the inner city, people are scared of him, but they feel more comfortable around pits. Because in the hood thats all they know. Damn, sometimes I hate living in the hood!

seanj
07-11-2006, 01:47 PM
thank u for being civil with me, and since u asked, i assume u respect my response, so here goes, yes, ide be totally ok with the ban of all potentially dangerous dogs, i wont lie, i love all animals, but i dont think that u have a constitutional right to own any pet u like...hey, monkeys are my favorite animals, but i dont think they should be pets...im sorry, u were honest about ur bias, u love pitts, and in fairness ill give my bias, im scared of dogs with big teeth who i often see on the news shredding a nighbors child...and its always the same story

honestly...would u save ur kids life if it meant killing a thousand pitts??? honestly now...now admit it, we both know that if there was a ban in place, at least one kids life per year would be saved...

my point is that ANY dog is potentially dangerous in the wrong hands....and most of those large breed dogs are by their nature, more agressive towards humans than the pit bull....there have been studies done and they show that the american pit bull is responsible for only a very small percentage of all dog bites....another problem is that the pit bull is often blamed when the dog in question is not actually a pit bull....it is a "pit bill type dog"....listen, dont take my word on that....if you care to know the truth about the pit bull google the topic...u might be suprised what you find.

you just cant ban every breed of dog that is a potential threat...banning a dog is basically a death sentence....what would happen if pits were banned, than rots, than dobermans, than mastifs, than german sheppards, ect? would you like to see half the dog population wiped out? maybe you should look more at the dog owners....they are responsible for this not the innocent dog...if the focuse is turned away from the dog and on to what type of regulations can be placed on dogs owners than things would be moving in a more positive direction.

as far as my kids are concerned i have a 3 year old daugther and a 4 year old pit....they have grown up together and are the best of friends. from the time my daughter was an infant her and my dog play together....they roll around on the ground, she climbs on tops of her, pulls her ears, ect....i have never ever been the slightest concern that my pit would try to bite my daughter...believe me it would never happen...i consider my pit my child also....there is NOTHING i would not do for her...that may sound crazy to you but you should realize that their are many owners and famalies who feel this way about their dogs....that is part of the reason any talk of a dog ban is such an emotional topic.

seanj
07-11-2006, 02:53 PM
ok, in all fairness, i googled the topic and decided to fairly analyze all the info out there...im sorry buddy, but i believe i was right in my assesment...ur being emotional and biased and the facts jutify a ban...while theres a plethora of maniacal urges to oppose the ban on the web, its all coming from pitt owners and they all have the same routine..whereas fair minded good people recognize the reality of the breed and sadly admit that while theres no winner here, its a measure thats long overdo... a site dedicated to dogs called thedogbible.com to me sums up my concerns and worries pertaining to the breed beautifully:

the potential for danger in a pit but is higher than other types of dogs because:
the pits have a strong drive to chase things...
they have an intolerance towards other dogs (or smaller animals like cats)...
pits can be unable to control their excitement level, losing themselves if they get too wound up, even when playing...
if a pit bull decides he is going to attack something, there is nothing that can stop him once he gets going...

these are not my words, care to opine?

pit bulls can be agressive towards other animals...it can be dangerous to leave them loose around other dogs....this is a part of the breed...if they are trained and brought up around other they are fine....but yes they can be agressive towards other animals.

pit bulls have a high prey drive....so do alot of other dogs....meaning they love to chase after squirells,ect....not people

pit bulls have no agression towards humans....in fact their lack of agression and the fact that they are not teritorial make them poor watch dogs....since they were originally bred in the early 1800s they were bred with a strong bite inhibition towards humans.

and ive already said this but i will repeat it again....a dogs temperment measures traits of the dog that show how well they well get along and react to all kinds of situations.....the pit bull ranks higher than most breeds in these tests.

dont confuse animal agression and prey drive with human agression and temperment..

seanj
07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
what if i have a pet squirrel??? he doesnt deserve protection from ur pitt??? how bout my cats? fuck, my lil toy poodle:( holy shit..buddy, ur losing me fast here...ur whole temperment thingy isnt sticking...

yes pit bulls can be animal agressive....as many of the other bully breeds.....and yes they can have a high prey drive...as many of the other terrier breeds.

this DOES NOT mean they cant get along with other dogs and cats...it just means they sometime need to be trained and socialized around other animals...believe me, its not really a big deal.....i take my pit to a dog park all the time....she is loose and playing with all other dogs and everything is fine...in fact the only problem ive ever seen when i was there was from a rot...who clearly hadnt been trained...and from a standard poodle who attacked another dog.

but this issue is really about pit bull agression towards humans.

if your are sincerely interested in this topic there is a very good book that covers the issue of dog bites and bsl very well.

Fatal Dog Attacks
the story behind the statistics
by Karen Delise

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0972191402/ref=ase_theinnersanct-20/104-4962496-2963107?s=books&v=glance&n=283155&tagActionCode=theinnersanct-20

chefmike
07-11-2006, 04:38 PM
J has a toy poodle?

Quinn
07-11-2006, 05:42 PM
J has a toy poodle?

LOL... That gave gave me pause for thought too.

-Quinn