PDA

View Full Version : (D) Sen. Biden " You cannot enter a 7-11...

White_Male_Canada
07-07-2006, 01:45 AM
"You cannot enter a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have an India Accent, No really I'm not joking"

The dumbest man in the US Senate.

http://video.nationaljournal.com/Monday/BidenIndian.mov

tsluver247
07-07-2006, 01:51 AM
I think this guy has him beat:
Republican Congressman Lynn Westmoreland (http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/2006/06/15/only-on-the-colbert-report-westmoreland-co-sponsors-bill-on-the-ten-commandments-and-cant-even-name-them/)

scorpion
07-07-2006, 02:01 AM
so this is american politic :? :? :? :?
Locks almost like italian :D

BeardedOne
07-07-2006, 02:10 AM
I know "Uncle Joe" (Delawhere is a =very= small state) and he's really like that. :smh

And he ain't lying about the 7-11s and Dunkin Donuts. :shock:

Wawa is a growing force in the region, not because of any kind of bigotry or racism, but because we can't grasp the thick accents of most of the clerks of these other stores. :roll:

Whitey
07-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Love an out of context quote... he was being dead serious while talking to an Indian-American, and followed the comment by bragging about how successful most Indian-Americans are at running small businesses.

How racist of him to congratulate people... a shame, indeed.

BeardedOne
07-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Love an out of context quote... he was being dead serious while talking to an Indian-American, and followed the comment by bragging about how successful most Indian-Americans are at running small businesses.

How racist of him to congratulate people... a shame, indeed.

Unfortunately, most Americans aren't interested in context or accuracy. They like their news and politics the same way they like their food and sex: Fast, hot, and greasy. Better to get an inaccurate blip on the net than to waste too much of their precious leisure time reading a column inch of genuine news. If USA Today hadn't put that 50-State highlight page in its format from day one, it would have been on the floor of the nation's birdcage long ago.

In a country that gave more votes to Kelly Clarkson than all of the 2004 presidential contenders combined, it's all about what sells biggest, loudest, and fastest. If Dubya had asked to be crowned king on September 12, 2001, he would have gotten a ceptre and white horse to seal the deal. Before and since, he'd be lucky to land the post of jester's second assistant. Americans live, and vote, for the moment. Who's hot now? Let's hire them!

Pols have to watch what they say, when they say it, where and to/with whom they say it. Especially in this age of soundbites that circle the globe in a nanosecond, every armchair pundit is a sound editor.

In the end, it's all about "Eats, shoots, and leaves" (Only editors and English majors will get that and its context herein :wink: ).

Crikeys! What am I doing in this thread? Where's the she-beef?!? :shock:

wisermiserdemelza
07-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child
--Dan Quayle

:lol:

TheMan
07-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Biden is the best and smartest senator in the senate. He has my vote as President. He is the only person in congrass that has a son in IRAQ.

chefmike
07-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Biden is the best and smartest senator in the senate. He has my vote as President. He is the only person in congrass that has a son in IRAQ.

I'm always impressed when I hear him interviewed on the Imus show, despite the fact that he(Biden) leans toward the moderate side. But I'd damn sure rather see him get the nomination... as opposed to Hillary anyway...

BeardedOne
07-09-2006, 09:51 PM

I'm not up on who's who in public families that much, but I'm guessing that would be Hunter? Beau is running for AG in Delawhere.

Edmund
07-09-2006, 09:55 PM
In a country that gave more votes to Kelly Clarkson than all of the 2004 presidential contenders combined

Wow. In a post complaining about how people take out of context soundbites too seriously, no less. Seems you're a fan of them, as well.

BeardedOne
07-09-2006, 10:03 PM
In a country that gave more votes to Kelly Clarkson than all of the 2004 presidential contenders combined

Wow. In a post complaining about how people take out of context soundbites too seriously, no less. Seems you're a fan of them, as well.

Of course. It's the American thing to do. :)

My bad, it was the beer typing. It wasn't the combined total, just the Dubya count. But still...

In the 2004 U.S. Presidential election, there were officially 62,040,610 votes for George W. Bush.

The producers of American Idol have stated that there were approximately 73,650,000 votes for Kelly Clarkson in the first season.

I mean, really, I'm from Brookline, MA and learned media relations from the Chronicle/Citizen newspapers where Russell Phinney believed that plagerizing (Sp?) clerical errors from the police blotter was Pulitzer worthy 'journalism'. They were of the belief that facts and truth should never get in the way of a good story.

LoadedRevolver66
07-17-2006, 04:07 PM
I mean, really, I'm from Brookline, MA and learned media relations from the Chronicle/Citizen newspapers where Russell Phinney believed that plagerizing (Sp?) clerical errors from the police blotter was Pulitzer worthy 'journalism'. They were of the belief that facts and truth should never get in the way of a good story.

Since you're from Brookline, I know you've gotta be familiar with the Boston Herald, which takes the cake for publishing "journalism" instead of journalism. It's basically like what would happen if Fox News and the National Enquirer teamed up to write a newspaper. Hell, that thing isn't even shaped like a regular paper.

White_Male_Canada
07-17-2006, 07:15 PM

Since you're from Brookline, I know you've gotta be familiar with the Boston Herald, which takes the cake for publishing "journalism" instead of journalism. It's basically like what would happen if Fox News and the National Enquirer teamed up to write a newspaper. Hell, that thing isn't even shaped like a regular paper.

Speaking of writing skills :

http://www.famousplagiarists.com/politics.htm#biden

War on Plagiarism Threat Level:
Red: Severe Risk

Allegations: Repeated instances of plagiarism since the “stressless scholarship” of his college days

Results: Circulation of “attack video” by Dukakis campaign torpedoed his presidential aspirations in 1987

Known for: Glib oratorical skills and speechmaking

Overview:

Joe Biden’s history of plagiarism and “stressless scholarship” gave plenty of ammo to his enemies, one of them choosing to circulate a so-called “attack video” to demonstrate Biden’s outright plagiarism of a British politician’s speech. But this appropriation from Neal Kinnock was not the first occurrence of unacknowledged lifting by the senator from Delaware.

In 1965 Biden plagiarized while writing a paper as a student at the Syracuse University Law School in a legal methods course which he failed because of that copied paper.

BeardedOne
07-17-2006, 08:00 PM
I seem to recall that he filched something from Dukakis, too. That naturaly didn't go over too well with the club as a whole.

BeardedOne
07-17-2006, 09:35 PM

The Boston Herald-American and Sunday Advertiser, ah, there's memories. :) I am reminded that I need to hit up their research department for stuff on my granddad, who was a state rep in the mid-twenties (When the Herald, before the mouthful of mergers, was a very reputable paper and they all lived on 'Newspaper row' at the upper end of Washington Street). It actually had a standard newspaper format unti around the early seventies when they made the shift to tabloid. It was a marketing decision, as they were targeting *Ahem* 'Joe Lunchbox' working stiffs and a tabloid is much easier to read on the subway.

Heh. I keep thinking of the old newsboy joke (Which I learned on the corner where Dukakis bought his early edition Sunday Globe) : "Hey, lady! Howdja like two Globes anna Post?" :lol:

tsluver247
07-19-2006, 01:48 AM
Do not forget Ann Coulter (http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/2006/07/07/ann-coultergeist/) if you are talking about plagiarism.

White_Male_Canada
07-19-2006, 02:14 AM
Do not forget Ann Coulter (http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/2006/07/07/ann-coultergeist/) if you are talking about plagiarism.

Ann Coulter`s a US Senator !!!???

When did this all happen ?

"We have reviewed the allegations of plagiarism surrounding ‘Godless’ and found them to be as trivial and meritless as they are irresponsible," said Steve Ross, Senior Vice President and Publisher of Crown Publishing Group.

Ross continued: "Any author is entitled to do what Ann Coulter has done in the three snippets cited: research and report facts. The number of words used by our author in these snippets is so minimal that there is no requirement for attribution. As an experienced author and attorney, Ms. Coulter knows when attribution is appropriate, as underscored by the nineteen pages of hundreds of endnotes contained in ‘Godless.’”

tsluver247
07-23-2006, 10:47 PM

Ann Coulter`s a US Senator !!!???

When did this all happen ?

"We have reviewed the allegations of plagiarism surrounding ‘Godless’ and found them to be as trivial and meritless as they are irresponsible," said Steve Ross, Senior Vice President and Publisher of Crown Publishing Group.

Ross continued: "Any author is entitled to do what Ann Coulter has done in the three snippets cited: research and report facts. The number of words used by our author in these snippets is so minimal that there is no requirement for attribution. As an experienced author and attorney, Ms. Coulter knows when attribution is appropriate, as underscored by the nineteen pages of hundreds of endnotes contained in ‘Godless.’”

Where in my statement did I say Ann Coulter was a US Senator? Why are you also using quotes from someone that has a bias? Of course, the publisher is not going to admit they are wrong for publishing the material. I thought it was funny when your proof of plagiarism of Joe Biden was some amateur website.

BeardedOne
07-24-2006, 01:20 AM
Shit!

If Ann Coulter becomes a senator, I'm moving to Guelph. 8)

Phat
07-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Is there any context to that quote at all, I can't draw any real judgements unless I know

chefmike
07-24-2006, 03:49 AM
Shit!

If Ann Coulter becomes a senator, I'm moving to Guelph. 8)

Not to worry...Annie the Nazi Tranny still has those pesky allegations of voter fraud in Florida to deal with...

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002612877

But then again maybe not...let's not forget what the repugs have gotten away with in Florida thus far in regards to voter fraud...

LoadedRevolver66
07-24-2006, 07:05 AM
Copy of "Godless" by Ann Coulter, hardcover - $22
Cost of matches, gasoline, and a trash can to burn it in - $12.36
Picture of Ann peeing standing up - Priceless

For some things, there's money. For others, there's internet bulletin boards.

Nice one, ChefMike 8)

BeardedOne
07-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Copy of "Godless" by Ann Coulter, hardcover - $22
Cost of matches, gasoline, and a trash can to burn it in - $12.36
Picture of Ann peeing standing up - Priceless

For some things, there's money. For others, there's internet bulletin boards.

Nice one, ChefMike 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's better than my posting her pic in the "Pictures of Shemale Prostitutes" thread. :lol:

chefmike
07-26-2006, 10:38 PM
LMFAO...Annie the Nazi Tranny is sinking as fast as the USS Shrubya...

Another Newspaper Decides to Drop Ann Coulter's Column

By E&P Staff

Published: July 26, 2006 12:15 PM ET

NEW YORK Following on the heels of daily papers in Augusta, Ga., and Cedar Rapids, Iowa, a weekly in Greensboro, N.C., has decided to drop Ann Coulter's regular column, distributed by Universal.

"Yes! Weekly", which has carried the conservative firebrand since last August, announced the move after polling its readers, among other considerations. She will be replaced by another conservative, William F. Buckley.

This follows the pattern at the other papers that had dropped Coulter, where she was replaced by conservatives Michelle Malkin in one case, David Limbaugh in the other.

A fourth paper, the Shreveport (La.) Times, has said it is strongly considering dropping Coulter.

An editorial in the current issue of "Yes! Weekly" explains: "Ann Coulter is gone from these pages… gone like the leaves in December, like the fringes of the polar ice caps, like the last vestiges of Tom Cruise's rational mind.

"We began running her column last August in an effort to widen the playing field, so to speak, in the discussion on our Voices page. She certainly did that, but in the last few months Ann Coulter has been a very naughty girl indeed.

"We will be replacing her with William F. Buckley, one of the foremost voices for the conservative and libertarian movements and a very smart man who has worked as a CIA spook, run for mayor of New York City, reportedly been a member of Skull and Bones while at Yale, founded a magazine (National Review) and a TV show ("Firing Line") and authored the quote, 'One must bear in mind that the expansion of federal activity is a form of eating for politicians.'

"That's good stuff."

The editorial said that letters and website poll "show that our readers approve cutting her column at a ratio of two to one. And numbers don't lie (unless, some would say, they're being wielded by Ann Coulter)."

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002912730