PDA

View Full Version : An open apology

Chaos
06-15-2014, 07:11 AM
So I've been thinking (dangerous, I know :P ).
It occurs to me that in my time here I've more than likely upset a few people/small lynch mob...

I know I am a difficult,weird,sometimes obnoxious,somewhat crazy,jackass and not at all easy to understand/deal with.

To ANYONE I have upset in the past or likely will in the future, I apologize wholeheartedly. I admit I have made mountains out of mole hills at times,and while it is EASY to chalk it up to what goes on in my head,I still have to take responsibility for it,it's still ME...And also likely not to change,as I have been this way my entire life.
I never set out to be antagonistic or a pain in the ass,but I sometimes let my problems dictate my actions....especially when it comes to arguments of any kind. There is a part of me that sees ANY attention as better than being ignored, I can't help that,I've tried. I am also a smartass and sarcasm can be hard to shut off,ESPECIALLY since it's also a defense mechanism,as much as my sense of humor. I don't respond well to hostility,instead of ignoring it,I return the favor.
It's not an endearing quality...ever.
Maybe I'm just getting old and getting over being "Billy Badass",or maybe I'm just starting to look at the things I've done in a realistic light, I don't know.

Part of why I am doing this (a small part) is because I look around and see nothing but bullshit arguments in a LOT of threads here,and some blatantly antagonistic shit throwing...and I don't like it. Sure,there have always been arguments,and at times there have been a lot,but it seems to never stop anymore. All I know for sure is that I have contributed to it at times...and for that I am sorry. Just had to get that off my chest.

Chaos
06-15-2014, 07:18 AM
I am also aware that in doing this I am acting in an orderly fashion, the very antithesis of my name...

Prospero
06-15-2014, 08:55 AM
Gracious remarks Chaos.

Marty Mcfly
06-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Well,I hope this has nothing to do with your argument against those Grooby idiots because that joke of hers was very disrespectful and uncalled for
People die in large numbers due to addiction it was not funny
But they are trolls anyway they talk all the shit they want to people and if someone does back they may get banned because they can not take what they dish out
Fuck grooby.Just Joking!!!!

Nikka
06-15-2014, 03:25 PM
I think everyone on HA as an OPEN something

Marty Mcfly
06-15-2014, 03:53 PM
I wish you all the beat Mister C
I may not post a lot but I have been a member for almost 10 years and am very active in the hobby and review Reviewing Ts on other high profile boards
You are one of the most upstanding posters I have seen in the past decade.

RallyCola
06-15-2014, 08:05 PM
idk if there was any real need for you to apologize. i also don't know if any apology from any member would alter the discourse here. the board seems to go through and ebb and flow and this is just a rough patch. happier days probably lie ahead.

Chaos
06-15-2014, 08:34 PM
idk if there was any real need for you to apologize.

I'm fully aware that it won't change how people post here,and I've been here long enough to see the ebb and flow. I did it because I felt I had to. No reason other than that. I did it for me,and the people I may have pissed off. I have no need to make enemies,I'm enough of one to myself.