PDA

View Full Version : Elliot Rodger

Donkey
05-24-2014, 11:06 PM
He would have been happier had he transitioned. He would have also had a lot more sex. :party:

francisfkudrow
05-25-2014, 06:31 AM
Was there any indication that he had any interest in it? (I'm not going to read his 140 page manifesto to find out)

Vladimir Putin
05-25-2014, 07:00 AM
Two-minute news report from Santa Barbara TV station.

News report of Santa Barbara gunman 5/23/14. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QULsPnrw1Mw)

Seven-minute video of Elliott Rodger's last statement the day before he goes on his rampage that would also claim his life as well. He whines that he can't get laid and that girls reject him.

Last suicide video of Santa Barbara gunman 5/22/14. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePLCrpEYdLM)

Vladimir Putin
05-25-2014, 07:46 AM
Santa Barbara (California) News-Press, Saturday, May 24, 2014, 8:40pm EDT

SEVEN DEAD IN ISLA VISTA RAMPAGE; NUMEROUS OTHERS WOUNDED IN SERIES OF DRIVE-BY ATTACKS; SUSPECT REPORTEDLY KILLED

By MERRILL McCARTY, Assistant City Editor, Santa Barbara News-Press

A gunman in a black BMW reportedly opened fire indiscriminately throughout Isla Vista on Friday night in a rampage that left at least three dead before his car crashed on Del Playa Drive, where the suspect apparently was shot and killed by law enforcement, witnesses said.

Authorities also recovered three bodies in an Isla Vista apartment believed to be tied to the gunman, Elliot Rodger, 22.

Seven people were taken to area hospitals.

"This is a very fluid scene," said Kelly Hoover, spokeswoman for the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department. "We have multiple crime scenes, multiple injuries and people transported to the hospital."

A black BMW was crashed at a crime scene in the 6500 block of Del Playa Drive and a body lay in the street beside it late Friday, but Ms. Hoover would not confirm whether that was the suspect vehicle or whether the suspects had been apprehended.

Resident Erin Dodd, 22, said she heard shots and when she looked out of her residence, saw law enforcement officers near the BMW with guns drawn, and the body on the ground already covered with a tarp.

The BMW apparently crashed after hitting a bicyclist, who broke out the car's window.

A seventh person was killed at the IV Deli Mart in the 6500 block of Pardall Road, according to a man who said he was the owner but declined to give his name.

The victim was a customer who was killed inside the store by a shot fired from outside, he said.

One witness said he was outside the Deli Mart when he heard pops, looked and saw someone in a BMW shooting into the store.

Another witness, Derrick Poe, 22, an employee of Blaze Pizza across the street, said he heard four or five pops and saw someone inside IV Deli Mart slumped against a wall.

A resident of Sabado Tarde said she heard eight shots outside, and knew that a neighbor was wounded inside a home.

Other witnesses said the vehicle also ran down pedestrians and bicyclists.

Michael Vitek, 18, said he saw someone in the BMW shoot two girls at El Embarcadero and Trego Road.

Ms. Hoover warned that Isla Vista was not considered secure late Friday.

"We want residents of Isla Vista to shelter in place," she said.

Much of Isla Vista was expected to be shut down today for the investigation and authorities are asking people to stay away, Ms. Hoover said.

Mr. Rodger, self-professed City College student and son of "The Hunger Games" assistant director Peter Rodger, is the man who drove a black BMW through Isla Vista late Friday, shooting and running people down.

Authorities are looking for clues to the massacre in at least one video posted to YouTube.

In it, the 22-year-old claims to be a virgin set on exacting revenge for all the young blonde girls who ever rejected him. He threatens to go to the hottest sorority house in the college town, kill all the blondes and then take to the streets of Isla Vista to "slay" everyone he sees.

In other videos, the younger Mr. Rodger, who can be seen with his father in photos from "The Hunger Games" premiere posted to the Internet, laments eyeing a couple kissing at a local beach, stating that the view was fine until they got there.

In monologues that come across as creepy one-liners strung together from scripts of B-movies, he claims to be the ultimate gentleman who can't figure out why the girls pass over him for "obnoxious brutes."

An online biography and photo accompanied by the tagline "Magnificent, supreme gentleman," states that Elliot Rodger was born in the U.K. and moved to the U.S. at 5.

"I grew up in Calabasas and Woodland Hills, California. Currently, I am attending college in Santa Barbara, and while there I am staying the the town of Isla Vista. I have tried very hard to fit in with the social scene there, but I have ultimately been unable to do so. There are too many obnoxious people who have ruined my whole experience at that place."

"I consider myself a sophisticated, polite gentleman, unlike most boys my age. My father is of British descent, and my mother is of Asian descent, so that makes me a Eurasian. I enjoy hiking, exercising, watching sunsets, traveling, cars, fashion, going to nice restaurants, and going to parties. I have traveled all over the world, ever since I was a child. So far, I have visited ten countries, including Great Britain, the United States, France, Spain, Greece, Germany, Mexico, Singapore, Malaysia, and Morocco."

Friday's carnage began around 9:25 p.m. as the man, while driving down populated streets in Isla Vista, began shooting and ramming people with his car. Confronted by law enforcement, he exchanged gunfire before crashing on Del Playa Drive, where he was shot and killed by law enforcement or committed suicide, according to Sheriff Bill Brown at an early morning press conference.

Seven people were taken to local hospitals with injuries ranging from gunshot wounds to blunt force trauma sustained after being struck by the suspect's vehicle.

This is not the first mass killing in Isla Vista. On Feb. 23, 2001, David Attias - a 20-year-old former UCSB student from a Hollywood family - struck and killed four people with his car.

He was convicted of four counts of second-degree murder a year later. The same jury found him legally insane at the time, and he was sentenced to Patton State Hospital where he remained until late 2012.

Copyright © 2014 Santa Barbara News-Press. All rights reserved. Ampersand Publishing, LLC

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q749/transfan1/Elliott_Rodger3_zps61516b3a.jpg
Deceased gunman Elliott Rodger.

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q749/transfan1/Elliott_Rodger2_zps98cafe90.jpg
(Santa Barbara News-Press) The body of gunman Elliott Rodger of the black BMW lies under a tarp in the 6500 block of Del Playa Drive Friday, May 23.

yourdaddy
05-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Just another effete little Hollywood drama queen. Uh-Ohbama gets along so famously out there because they have so much in common.

Stavros
05-25-2014, 08:07 PM
Just another effete little Hollywood drama queen. Uh-Ohbama gets along so famously out there because they have so much in common.

Perhaps you could tell us what they had in common, other than both being male?

broncofan
05-25-2014, 08:23 PM
The puns that are created with Obama's name are so dreadfully bad. So is the pathetic non-sequitur between a college student who murdered six people and the Obama presidency. Thank you for advertising your stupidity and warning others away from trying to engage you in intelligent conversation.

TSLoverIB
05-25-2014, 08:50 PM
The puns that are created with Obama's name are so dreadfully bad. So is the pathetic non-sequitur between a college student who murdered six people and the Obama presidency. Thank you for advertising your stupidity and warning others away from trying to engage you in intelligent conversation.

I believe he is stating the cause and effect of a downfall society. Perhaps we shall engage in a intelligent conversation.

Vladimir Putin
05-25-2014, 09:06 PM
See if this link works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQUW3Km01BM

francisfkudrow
05-26-2014, 06:36 AM

Conservative Tourette's Syndrome again.

Ben in LA
05-26-2014, 06:59 AM
President Obama must be like good dick since so many folks can't keep him out of their mouths...

maaarc
05-26-2014, 07:23 AM
The politics mean nothing to me. Both sides of the aisle are for the most part self absorbed lairs and bloviates who care nothing for anything or anyone but power, money and themselves. I am simply saddened that a tragically and profoundly mentally ill young man has destroyed so many lives including his own and his family's. The vagaries of life are often difficult to understand. My prayers are for the families of those young lives who have been taken for nothing.

vincidog
05-26-2014, 10:57 PM

I believe the kid was bat shit crazy before any of us ever heard of Obama. Thanks for playing

Stavros
05-27-2014, 01:09 AM
His mother reported him to the police because she was concerned by his behaviour and it seems they did not do a proper search of the house and find his journal and other signs of distress that would presumably have led them to take the boys guns away. Mental illness is a reality, and people with paranoid delusions are known to be capable of presenting themselves to the authorities as harmless and charming -whether it is the USA or any other country, until the resources are put into the investigation of disturbed people, they will continue to do harm to others and themselves.

Ms.Stepford
05-27-2014, 01:23 AM
Gotta keep these white boys laid so they don't shoot the place all up!

dc_guy_75
05-27-2014, 01:41 AM
I read much of his manifesto and he often described guys (who got pretty girls) as having "masculine faces" and "hunky bodies", the dude definitely had some homosexual repression going on.

After reading his manifesto, I think he hated women because he wanted to be one, so he took his rage out on them.

Regardless, he was a self-absorbed twat and his parents should be ashamed for rearing a misogynistic and entitled psychopath.

See you in hell Elliot Rodger!

dakota87
05-27-2014, 02:17 AM
I read much of his manifesto and he often described guys (who got pretty girls) as having "masculine faces" and "hunky bodies", the dude definitely had some homosexual repression going on.

After reading his manifesto, I think he hated women because he wanted to be one, so he took his rage out on them.

Regardless, he was a self-absorbed twat and his parents should be ashamed for rearing a misogynistic and entitled psychopath.

See you in hell Elliot Rodger!

There is nothing to suggest that he was trans that I've read and I think its insulting to suggest that as a reason.

I did read several articles that he had several therapists and one where his parents claimed his social awkwardness was from asperger's.

Donkey
05-27-2014, 02:32 AM
His mother reported him to the police because she was concerned by his behaviour and it seems they did not do a proper search of the house and find his journal and other signs of distress that would presumably have led them to take the boys guns away.
I'm not originally from the U.S., so I realize that not everyone understands how a free society works, but please try to educate yourself. A report to the police, by his mother or anyone else, is not probable cause to search his home. And it sure as hell isn't probable cause to confiscate legally owned firearms, thankfully.

Vladimir Putin
05-27-2014, 04:24 AM
Page 46-47 of his manifesto, he talks about his "first time," which happened when he was 14, not with a girl but with himself.

It was during this winter break that I experienced my first masturbation and ejaculation. It was one of the most peculiar and memorable experiences of my life. At this point I was officially going through the stages of puberty, and I had lots of sexual urges. I often fantasized about hot naked girls while rubbing my penis against my mattress at night. One time, while doing this, I felt an intense stirring numbness all around my fully erect penis, and it extended all over my body. It felt magical and ecstatic, and I kept rubbing my penis on the mattress. That was when the orgasm happened. I couldn't believe how much pleasure I felt from that. I looked down at my penis to see that my semen had poured out all over it, like a volcanic eruption of white, sticky fluid. What was happening to me? I thought to myself with nervous excitement. It was like nothing I had ever seen or experienced before, something completely out of my world. I felt really guilty afterwards, so I refrained from telling anyone about it.

Vladimir Putin
05-27-2014, 05:31 AM
From page 121-122 of his manifesto. This covers a private party at a house he walked into in which he knew no one.

There were about one hundred people at that party, and everyone was socializing with a group of friends except me. I walked around in my drunken confidence for a few moments, helped myself to the beer they had, and tried to act like a normal party-goer. I soon became frustrated that no one was paying any attention to me, particularly the girls. I saw girls talking to other guys who looked like obnoxious slobs, but none of them showed any interest in me. As my frustration grew, so did my anger. I came across this Asian guy who was talking to a white girl. The sight of that filled me with rage. I always felt as if white girls thought less of me because I was half-Asian, but then I see this white girl at the party talking to a full-blooded Asian. I never had that kind of attention from a white girl! And white girls are the only girls I'm attracted to, especially the blondes. How could an ugly Asian attract the attention of a white girl, while a beautiful Eurasian like myself never had any attention from them? I thought with rage. I glared at them for a bit, and then decided I had been insulted enough. I angrily walked toward them and bumped the Asian guy aside, trying to act cocky and arrogant to both the boy and the girl. My drunken state got the better of me, and I almost fell to the floor after a few minutes of this. They said something along the lines that I was very drunk and that I needed to get some water, so I angrily left them and went out to the front yard, where the main partying happened. Rage fumed inside me as I realized that I just walked away from a confrontation, so I rushed back into the house and spitefully insulted the Asian before walking outside again.

I stood awkwardly in the front yard for a bit, realizing how pathetic I looked all by myself when everyone was partying around me. To calm down, I climbed up onto a wooden ledge that bordered the street and plunged down on one of the chairs there. Isla Vista was at its wildest state at that time, and I saw lots of guys walking around with hot blonde girls on their arm. It fueled me with rage, as it always had. I should be one of those guys, but no blonde girl gave me that chance. I looked down at all of them and in my drunken carelessness, extended my arm out pretended to shoot them all, laughing giddily as I did it. Eventually, some partiers climbed up onto the ledge. They were all obnoxious, rowdy boys whom I've always despised. A couple of pretty girls came up and talked to them, but not to me. They all started socializing right next to me, and none of the girls paid any attention to me. I rose from my chair and tried to act arrogant and cocky toward them, throwing insults at everyone. They only laughed at me and started insulting me back. That was the last straw, I had taken enough insults that night. A dark, hate-fueled rage overcame my entire being, and I tried to push as many of them as I could from the 10-foot ledge. My main target was the girls. I wanted to punish them for talking to the obnoxious boys instead of me. It was one of the most foolish and rash things I ever did, and I almost risked everything in doing it, but I was so drunk with rage that I didn't care. I failed to push any of them from the ledge, and the boys started to push me, which resulted in me being the one to fall onto the street. When I landed, I felt a snap in my ankle, followed by a stinging pain. I slowly got up and found that I couldn't even walk. I had to stumble, and stumble I did. I tried to get away from there as fast as I could.

As I stumbled a few yards down Del Playa with my shattered leg, I realized that someone had stolen my Gucci sunglasses that my mother had given me. I loved those sunglasses, and had to get them back. I vehemently turned around and staggered back towards the party. At that point, I was so drunk that I forgot where the party was, and ended up walking onto the front yard of the house next to it, demanding to know who took my sunglasses. The people in this house must have been friends with the ones I previously fought with, for they greeted me with vicious hostility. They called me names like "faggot" and "pussy", typical things these types of scumbags would say. A whole group of the obnoxious brutes came up and dragged me onto their driveway, pushing and hitting me. I wanted to fight and kill them all. I managed to throw one punch toward the main attacker, but that only caused them to beat me even more. I fell to the ground where they started kicking me and punching me in the face. Eventually, some other people from the street broke up the fight. I managed to have the strength to stand up and stagger away.

It was the first time in my life that had been truly beaten up physically to the point where my face was bruised up. I had suffered a lot of bullying in my life, but most of it wasn't physical. I had never been beaten and humiliated that badly. Everyone in Isla Vista saw what happened, and it was truly horrific.

The worst part of the ordeal was not getting beaten up, oh no. It was the fact that no one showed any concern. There was only one group who me to the end of Del Playa, but after that, they abandoned me. Not one girl offered to help me as I stumbled home with a broken leg, beaten and bloody. If girls had been attracted to me, they would have offered to walk me to my room and take care of me. They would have even offered to sleep with me to make me feel better. But no, not one girl showed an ounce of concern for me. They didn't care. No one cared about me. I was all alone.

Ms.Stepford
05-27-2014, 06:30 AM
He could have written great YA fiction :-(

Stavros
05-27-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm not originally from the U.S., so I realize that not everyone understands how a free society works, but please try to educate yourself. A report to the police, by his mother or anyone else, is not probable cause to search his home. And it sure as hell isn't probable cause to confiscate legally owned firearms, thankfully.

from The Huffington Post
Before the killings, Rodger's mother became alarmed about bizarre videos he posted and alerted authorities in April. But Rodger was able to convince deputies that he was not a risk to himself or others — conditions that would have allowed them to take him into custody under California law.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/26/elliot-rodgers-family_n_5392211.html

From TheTeaParty.org
The state of California has authorised the police to seize weapons from 'Armed Prohibited Persons' (APP). In this report they refer to a man whose automatic weapons were seized from his home -adding that
"All of the targeted APPs had purchased their firearms legally but the State of California declared afterwards that they were prohibited from gun ownership due to minor misdemeanor convictions or mental health concerns" (my emphasis).
http://www.teaparty.org/gun-confiscation-begins-in-california-27656/

I think you will agree that on the available evidence, California police, had they done a more thorough search of the Rodger home and had they been trained to identify people with mental health issues, would have been legally entitled to remove the weapons Elliot Rodger owned, and may well have prevented mass murder as a result.